You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "What I learned today" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 182>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

86% of the German Army were killed or wounded in Russia in WW2. Just 14% were killed or wounded in Normandy, North Africa, Italy, Balkans etc.

Mainly hunger and cold.

Turning point in the war.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 1:49pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 1:58pm
The comments are even more grim.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 10:23pm
Guy Fawkes was motivated by his Catholicism. They burn an effigy of him all over England, not just one corner. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 11:46pm
The actress from Touched by an Angel is Irish.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 12:31pm
The ashes of James Earl Ray, assassin of Martin Luther King, are buried in Ireland.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 4:57pm
Daniel Stern (AKA Marv from Home Alone) did the voiceover on The Wonder Years!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Daniel Stern (AKA Marv from Home Alone) did the voiceover on The Wonder Years!
only read that a few months ago
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 10:18pm
Jedward are massive nationalists.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 11:27am
Was told by someone that you can get remunerated if you have a family member who's a coeliac. Just keep the receipts of what you buy. You ought to. 5 euro for a loaf of bread.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Was told by someone that you can get remunerated if you have a family member who's a coeliac. Just keep the receipts of what you buy. You ought to. 5 euro for a loaf of bread.
I've read that a few times now and have no idea what it says
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Think it means you can qualify for a tax credit if you have are diagnosed with coeliac disease and have to buy expensive gluten free food. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Think it means you can qualify for a tax credit if you have are diagnosed with coeliac disease and have to buy expensive gluten free food. 

Its covered under medical expenses with revenue. You can claim 20% back on all gluten free products you purchase.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 2:41am
In Korea, if you rent a place to live it's ridiculously expensive so say a 1500 a month place here it would be 4,000 a month and you have to pay 2 years upfront!!! Wtf, but then after two years you'll get your money back. Basically the rental system is a lend of moneyConfused
It would damage this forums' reputation
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 8:40am
Scott Eastwood (Clint's son) auditioned for the main character in American Sniper but didn't get the part. He then auditioned for another minor part in the movie and didn't get that either. He said Clint didn't like what he was seeing.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 9:33am

I wasn't aware of this. I know someone who has a much worse illness making them intolerant to a lot of foods and I was surprised to see there was no tax credits available for them. 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 10:00am
Michelin tyres and the Michelin star for restaurants are the same company. Weird seeing the same mascot for the most prestigious restaurants.  

The Michelin brothers came up with a guide book to travel around visiting restaurants, basically so the tyres would get more use and you'd have to buy new ones.
The dark side.. And the light
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 12:51pm
Gus Fring was named after Torsten Frings.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 182>
  Share Topic