You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 12:55am
Originally posted by JD & Coke JD & Coke wrote:

Its embarresing how little lads in the South know about the North, a few friends with me in the pub after the game yesterday wondering why i wanted the North to lose to romania, i tried to explain what a shower of ****s they are but just gave up.

+1, As mentioned above i go out with a girl from the South. Her family didnt have a notion what it's like nor did see she until recently, didnt know what a Para's or UVF flag was. Her father told me the peace process had been a roaring success by the looks of things Confused 

Sponsored Links

Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 12:56am
Never give up. Self-awareness and self-education is the key. Compared to 20 years ago when what news was coming out of the North was strictly controlled and filled with bias to protect those in charge North & South, thankfully today we have the internet to find out the real facts that underlay the conflict. You can't be blamed for other's continued ignorance Thumbs Up 
JD & Coke View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD & Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 1:04am
Do they not teach about it in school these days ? I spose as our windy Taoiseach doesnt even care why would the teachers, Haughey was the last Leader who gave a f**k about trying to get the North back.
Irish Duke View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 1:07am
Michael Collins has a lot to answer for and yet he is hailed as a hero and genius.  Like the our football team really illusions of grandeur while the reality is way different. Irish mentality again for you.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 1:13am
Originally posted by JD & Coke JD & Coke wrote:

Do they not teach about it in school these days ? I spose as our windy Taoiseach doesnt even care why would the teachers, Haughey was the last Leader who gave a f**k about trying to get the North back.

Vote Gerry in.. He'll care Clap

'An ireland unfree shall never be at peace' - Pearse.

Edited by SByrne24 - 15 Jun 2015 at 1:14am
JD & Coke View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD & Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 1:29am
Think il vote sinn fein in nxt election.
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 7:15am
To me, you guys sound just as full of hate as those who you refer to.

There is no doubt that some terrible sh*t had happened up there, but what is the link to the football?

I've no doubt that if you asked the allegiance of those who carried out the Omagh bomb that they'd be Ireland fans instead of NI, but I have no reason to feel ashamed for that.

I'm bowing out of this one as you seem unable to provide any reason not to cheer on the North of they're in a tournament and we're not. In fact, you have encouraged it. I wonder if, unlike me, anyone of you knows any NI fan.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Irish Duke Irish Duke wrote:

Michael Collins has a lot to answer for and yet he is hailed as a hero and genius.  Like the our football team really illusions of grandeur while the reality is way different. Irish mentality again for you.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 7:51am
Originally posted by MasterOfApples MasterOfApples wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Go up to East Belfast they've a cracking Rangers supporters club up there just wear a Jon Daly jersey, or the NI Supporters club in South Belfast and personally congratulate them. Tell me how you get on they'll love your accent.

This really annoys me. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">How many N.I. fans do you know? I spend a few days a week in Belfast and I know N.I. fans and Rangers fans from that supporters club and the club on Sandy Row too. Never had a moments bother from them and I have spent many evenings out with them. They have always been very good to me. </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">I got some fun texts yesterday, mocking our pending failing and also an invite to join them on tour next summer.</span>

Probably because you're a fan of the settler state in Palestine like themselves.

Edited by irishmufc - 15 Jun 2015 at 7:51am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 7:53am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Another massive night for Irish football and MON. The atmosphere is so raucous at Windsor Park these days that the stand had to be demolished after the game against Finland. Real people, real atmosphere. The biggest fortress in world football today?

We all remember that famous Ireland victory over Romania in the World Cup (1-0 in 1985, that's a real victory, not a 0-0 borefest followed by a penalty shoot-out - take note Eire fans) and here's hoping for a repeat.

I fully expect Lafferty to bang in another couple of goals tonight and who knows, maybe another stand will have to be demolished. After Romania are demolished. Prediction: Ireland 2 Romania 0.

Looks like Eire will be the only British team to fail to qualify.

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 9:07am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

When NI qualified for the 82 & 86 World Cups they had support and plenty of good wishes from south of the border.  Certainly nothing even remotely close to Italia 90 but I cannot recall anyone wishing them ill. Indeed there were competitions to win trips to Mexico.

They showed their appreciation in 94 alright.
So say that NI supported us is either delusional or 2 faced.

I never said they supported us.  The majority of their fans see us as rivals now as want us to lose.  That includes btw 1 RC NI fan I know.  Some actually only want us to win when we play England. 

More would have wished us well in the 1980's.  The player eligibility issues are huge for them and also back then there were very few people north of the border supporting us.  Now the vast majority from a nationalist background support us. 

I know some that still wish us well and some that will openly say they used to but now want us to lose all the time. 

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Any Irish Citizen be they North or South who lends any creedence that props up these apartheid minded cretins should be ashamed of their ignorance of the realities on the ground. 
There is ONE National team for this Nation that represents all Irishmen regardless of religious beliefs & none. Anything else is a makey-uppy sectarian pub team representing a state-let created and maintained by outsiders under force.

Do you support the association that wanted that then?  They play in green with a Celtic Cross on their shirts.  When the FAI tried to breakaway they did everything in their power to keep one team.  Then for over a quarter of a century they continued to pick an "All Ireland" team until the FAI went to FIFA and forced them to stop.  Then 4 years later the FAI had to go back to FIFA to get them to stop using the term "Ireland" and use "Northern Ireland" instead.  Although as late as 1978 they still used the term "Ireland"

Peter Byrne's excellent official history of the FAI is well worth a read.  It shows the battle the association had to even survive in the early years.  It may be a bit uncomfortable though for those of a strong nationalist view. 
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 10:38am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

To me, you guys sound just as full of hate as those who you refer to.

There is no doubt that some terrible sh*t had happened up there, but what is the link to the football?

I've no doubt that if you asked the allegiance of those who carried out the Omagh bomb that they'd be Ireland fans instead of NI, but I have no reason to feel ashamed for that.

I'm bowing out of this one as you seem unable to provide any reason not to cheer on the North of they're in a tournament and we're not. In fact, you have encouraged it. I wonder if, unlike me, anyone of you knows any NI fan.

Let's see... 

1) Neil Lennon - Death threats for being a nationalist playing for Northern Ireland, LVF give him a number of death threats and destroyed his families home. The problem emanated directly from the religious identity of Lennon, a Catholic from Lurgan in County Armagh, who played his club football for Glasgow Celtic, a club directly associated with the Catholic population in the North. For the LVF, and the majority of the Unionist and Loyalist population, the sight of Lennon captaining Northern Ireland on the same pitch where Linfield - a West Belfast football club associated mainly with the Loyalist Protestant community - was unthinkable and needed to be addressed.

2) They continue to chant sectarian songs, one you might be familiar with is.. 'Billy boys' to quote one line from this musical masterpiece 'We're up to our knees in Fenian blood Surrender or you'll die''. Lovely chant.  German bombers another chant, Rule Britiannia, the list goes on and on.. To pick up on that Lennon point, for 6 years while he tried to play for that lot they chanted 'We've got a Provo on our team'

3) They hate us. That needs no explanation as anyone with a brain cell could work that out. Their fan base burn our national flag annually, although the odd time the Ivory Coast flag gets it instead.

4) 2008 - David Healy, Flute celebration. To me and most nationalists, that's disgusting and an insult. 

You're not from this part of the Island,you clearly aren't educated enough to know the history of football and what nationalists have went through in football terms. Did you see the Shamrock Rovers v Linfield game a few seasons back? They're the same men that go to Windsor to get behind 'Norn Iron' i'll pass. I'll be happy to point out more reasons if you need further evidence.

I know lots of NI fans, members of my family happen to be fans. They still hate us. 

Edited by SByrne24 - 15 Jun 2015 at 10:39am
JD & Coke View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD & Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 12:04pm
Gspain lives in fantasy land.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 12:26pm

David Healy, Flute celebration. To me and most nationalists, that's disgusting and an insult. 

Anybody who took offence at that shouldn't be allowed out on their own FFS

disgusting and an insult ? jesus wept
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 12:32pm

I know lots of NI fans, members of my family happen to be fans. They still hate us

If your own family hate your obsession, maybe showcasing it on the internet isn't the best idea Chill and invite them out for a beer.

Most NI fans see the South as main rival and want you to lose most games. A visible/ audible minority are obviously sectarian, although it's a bit of a stretch to include Healy and the Castlederg boys singing '10 German Bombers' in this (they sat behind me in the Kop and now Railway stand). Irritating but harmless. They're hillbillies on a day out.

If we make it to France and you don't, some of your fans will support us (underdog, fellow Irish, whatever), others rally round the others in the group, and a third force will just enjoy the tournament and daydream about which of its stars will sign for Liverpool/ ManU/ Celtic etc.

I have no problem with any of these alternatives, if their team isn't there they can choose as they wish.

GSpain is one of the best informed fans about both national sides on this board
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Any Irish Citizen be they North or South who lends any creedence that props up these apartheid minded cretins should be ashamed of their ignorance of the realities on the ground. 
There is ONE National team for this Nation that represents all Irishmen regardless of religious beliefs & none. Anything else is a makey-uppy sectarian pub team representing a state-let created and maintained by outsiders under force.

unsurprisingly it comes from Dublin's greatest contribution to the forum. 100% spot on MF
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

I know lots of NI fans, members of my family happen to be fans. They still hate us

If your own family hate your obsession, maybe showcasing it on the internet isn't the best idea Chill and invite them out for a beer.

Most NI fans see the South as main rival and want you to lose most games. A visible/ audible minority are obviously sectarian, although it's a bit of a stretch to include Healy and the Castlederg boys singing '10 German Bombers' in this (they sat behind me in the Kop and now Railway stand). Irritating but harmless. They're hillbillies on a day out.

If we make it to France and you don't, some of your fans will support us (underdog, fellow Irish, whatever), others rally round the others in the group, and a third force will just enjoy the tournament and daydream about which of its stars will sign for Liverpool/ ManU/ Celtic etc.

I have no problem with any of these alternatives, if their team isn't there they can choose as they wish.

GSpain is one of the best informed fans about both national sides on this board

Newryrep - The twelfth celebrates the killing of catholics. I don't think i need to give you a history lesson, it caused uproar at the time. Just to add, he done it v Celtic. If that isn't sectarian and disgusting then i give up.

I am very chilled, I simply outlined the sectarian nature of the supporters of Narnia and using '10 german bombers' is no stretch nor Healy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 369>
  Share Topic