You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363364365366367 369>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Nobody is spending the money to rebuild Pairc Ui Chaoimh for the Euros 
Has anybody suggested rebuilding PUC? I missed it if they did. All I’ve noticed is the suggestion of installing temporary seating, which in itself may not be permitted.

Has been well discussed on here before that PUC is nowhere near to meeting the requirements need to host a Euros game - Just go look at the UEFA Categorry 4 stadium requirements. Would costs tens of millions to rebuild areas of it to make it suitable which just isn't going to happen. 
Fair enough, only recall seeing mentions of temp seats.
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 11:09am

Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Has anybody suggested rebuilding PUC? I missed it if they did. All I’ve noticed is the suggestion of installing temporary seating, which in itself may not be permitted.

Has been well discussed on here before that PUC is nowhere near to meeting the requirements need to host a Euros game - Just go look at the UEFA Categorry 4 stadium requirements. Would costs tens of millions to rebuild areas of it to make it suitable which just isn't going to happen. 

I'm sure it woukd be much cheaper than rebuilding casement. Nail a few thousand seats behind the goal and it would be all good? Cork would be a much better venue than Belfast 

For the Irish government it would be more expensive than any contribution they'd make to Casement.
Temporary seating is not allowed by UEFA. Then you'd need to create extra hospitality areas on the stadium, additional TV studios, parking and broadcast areas outside, increased media facilities etc. 

Casement requires 4k of some type of temporary seating as its only 26k seater. Whether that means installing 4k 'permanent' seats then ripping them out I dont know. Might also be a planning issue. 

They will be permanent seats that will be converted back to terracing afterwards seemingly. 
So they will be permanent seats temporarliyLOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 11:16am

Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

I'm sure it woukd be much cheaper than rebuilding casement. Nail a few thousand seats behind the goal and it would be all good? Cork would be a much better venue than Belfast 

For the Irish government it would be more expensive than any contribution they'd make to Casement.
Temporary seating is not allowed by UEFA. Then you'd need to create extra hospitality areas on the stadium, additional TV studios, parking and broadcast areas outside, increased media facilities etc. 

Casement requires 4k of some type of temporary seating as its only 26k seater. Whether that means installing 4k 'permanent' seats then ripping them out I dont know. Might also be a planning issue. 

They will be permanent seats that will be converted back to terracing afterwards seemingly. 
So they will be permanent seats temporarliyLOL
Correct!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 1:00pm
I suppose all seating is temporary in the long run.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 6:01pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 6:02pm
30 years ago today 🥰

R.I.P. Alan. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 6:31pm
Most of the current TE squad ( fourteen ) are English or Scottish ( mainly English ). Of the indigenous remainder, not too many from a nationalist background and all the sectarian nonsense recently about Casement Park will no doubt ensure that this trend continues.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

30 years ago today 🥰

R.I.P. Alan. 

won't forget that any time soon. The goal and the jersey. Game itself was probably not a classic!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 3:41am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Most of the current TE squad ( fourteen ) are English or Scottish ( mainly English ). Of the indigenous remainder, not too many from a nationalist background and all the sectarian nonsense recently about Casement Park will no doubt ensure that this trend continues.

Was that not a genuine concern about funding that the ever progressive Gregory Campbell told us on sky news? LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 5:02am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

30 years ago today 🥰

R.I.P. Alan. 

won't forget that any time soon. The goal and the jersey. Game itself was probably not a classic!

Game was brutal. It was very windy apparently that night. 

In fairness the North's goal was an absolute cracker. 
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 8:27am
Awful result for them last night losing 4 0 to Finland. Both Ireland's have had poor campaigns but that result is worse than any we have had.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 7:24pm

30 years ago today 🥰

R.I.P. Alan. 

What a goal. Remember it like it was yesterday. RIP Alan. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 22 Nov 2023 at 7:24pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:13pm
That was one he'll of a night but we gotbthere in the end. RIP Alan, and also RIP Alan on the other side. I believe Mcdonald was a top bloke, looked after all the Irish kids at QPR, told this my a Dublin lad that was at QPR at the time and cleaned McDonald's boots.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

That was one he'll of a night but we gotbthere in the end. RIP Alan, and also RIP Alan on the other side. I believe Mcdonald was a top bloke, looked after all the Irish kids at QPR, told this my a Dublin lad that was at QPR at the time and cleaned McDonald's boots.

Did he not stick his head into our dressing room afterwards snd wish us all the best ? Think I read somewhere 

Thought it was a nice touch 

Edit thought he had just died Embarrassed

Edited by Newryrep - 22 Nov 2023 at 8:41pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 2:35pm
I think that was in a documentary. They were happy to give us a scare but were glad we qualified.

It was something along those lines.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 2:42pm
Really?

After paid British state agents walked into the Rising Sun bar and sprayed the joint with automatic fire killing 9 and injuring 19 and OWC glorifying this event on the terraces whilst being egged on by Bingham.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

I think that was in a documentary. They were happy to give us a scare but were glad we qualified.

It was something along those lines.

I would say the vast majority were not happy to see us qualify. Some of the players maybe. 

Alan McDonald was a class act by all accounts but I'm not so sure Tommy Wright the goalie especially was delighted we qualified. LOL

As for that horrible coont Bingham and his disgraceful comments on our players, delighted he was sickened at his retirement party. The most sweetest way we could've possibly qualified at Windsor and all. Clap
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Really?

After paid British state agents walked into the Rising Sun bar and sprayed the joint with automatic fire killing 9 and injuring 19 and OWC glorifying this event on the terraces whilst being egged on by Bingham.

The Greysteel chanting almost certainly comes from the Marie Jones play.  She watched the game at home.  It is still a major issue with their fans.

I watched the game from the lower North Stand.  I certainly didn't hear any "Trick or Treat" or anything re Greysteel.  There was certainly plenty of "Fenian b^&***" and "up to our knees..."  from a section of their fans.  Hard to believe it is over 30 years ago.  

I've said on here before I do think it was way overblown in the media.  I'm not trying to downplay the sectarianism and Alan Kernaghan in particular got terrible abuse.  I lost it when we scored and certainly had an "Oh Sh1t" moment but nothing untoward was said or done to me.  It was obvious where I was from and that I had a radio.  I ended up in my seat at the final whistle listening to the last 2 minutes from Seville giving 15-20 of their fans updates.  At the final whistle they just walked off a couple said good luck and the worst thing ssaid was "jammy bast..."   My friends were about 20 yards away at the exit watching it having not be outed.  I think very few of their fans wanted us to qualify.  

We tried to get the game moved which went down very badly.  Also the "one team in Ireland" chant at 3-0 six months earlier didn't get taken well.  In fairness I wasn't enjoying it after Jimmy Quinn's goal either when it was belted out.  

Obviously a totally different atmosphere there now.  They actually did play out of their skins v Italy two years ago and cost them a place at the World Cup.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363364365366367 369>
  Share Topic