Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 326327328329330 369>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

There is no issue!! The ref was well within his right to issue a second yellow card to Lewis! Get over it.

A ref can give whatever they want to. But that doesn’t make it right or in line with standards and practices.
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:01pm
@ Het-field

I've patiently explained why the referee's decision was correct several times and you're still steadfastly hanging on to this peculiar belief that they were wronged. It reminds me of that scene in The Simpsons where Bart is trying to explain that Sideshow Bob wants to kill Selma to Homer... 

We all know Terri is missing several screws and is a serial WUM. What's your reasoning? Are you just taking the contrarian viewpoint for the craic?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

There is no issue!! The ref was well within his right to issue a second yellow card to Lewis! Get over it.

A ref can give whatever they want to. But that doesn’t make it right or in line with standards and practices.

We're talking about a player getting sent off for essentially refusing to restart play and timewasting after being warned several times not to do it, not an accountancy firm investigating discrepancies in a company's accounts.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:05pm

Did you watch the match? They were wasting time after 10mins which was embarrassing! It’s a pet hate of mine I even hate seeing Ireland do it.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

@ Het-field

I've patiently explained why the referee's decision was correct several times and you're still steadfastly hanging on to this peculiar belief that they were wronged. It reminds me of that scene in The Simpsons where Bart is trying to explain that Sideshow Bob wants to kill Selma to Homer... 

We all know Terri  and is a serial WUM. What's your reasoning? Are you just taking the contrarian viewpoint for the craic?

I’m not wrong. To be wrong I would have to vacate all the football I have watched over 30 years where I can count on one hand the number of times similar incidents, or incidents as low grade as that have resulted in a second yellow card.

I’m not claiming they were wronged. I’m claiming that people’s view that this was a red would almost certainly be on my side if it wasn’t NI involved.

Edited by Het-field - 12 Oct 2021 at 6:14pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:13pm

[QUOTE=Het-field]

Did you watch the match? They were wasting time after 10mins which was embarrassing! It’s a pet hate of mine I even hate seeing Ireland do it.

Yes, I watched it. And I still think the decision was disproportionate.
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:20pm
The Team TE game plan was to spoil the game from the outset by slowing it up, thereby frustrating the Swiss.As a team, they lost no time wasting time.
  The ref warned them, but somebody forgot to tell Jamal not to do it after he got his first yellow, but do it he did and rightly paid the price. How dumb was he?
You can't just view his timewasting in isolation from what the team had been engaged in as a plan, just as you can't ignore the fact that he was already on a yellow.
 His timewasting was the most blatant of the incidents. A red wasn't disproportionate. 
   What will tonight's grievance be? 
Just thought of the excuse: Jamal was suspended! 

Edited by Martiponti - 12 Oct 2021 at 9:45pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:01am
That doesn’t mean it is common sensival or in line with common practice to red card the player without looking at alternatives first. It’s worth digging around at just how ofthen that type of offence is punished like that.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:25am
mother of god this thread if one of our players got sent off for time wasting after 37mins there would be a meltdown here and anybody who says there wouldn’t be is taking the piss
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

mother of god this thread if one of our players got sent off for time wasting after 37mins there would be a meltdown here and anybody who says there wouldn’t be is taking the piss

Clap
Clap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:37am

Here's a high-level referee echoing exactly what I said re: Lewis and the coaching errors from NI. I suppose Keith Hackett's "only saying this because it's Northern Ireland".

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footballinsider247.com/hackett-newcastle-united-star-lewis-deserves-ban-as-rare-controversial-footage-emerges/%3famp

Newcastle United star Jamal Lewis deserved to be sent off in Northern Ireland’s 1-0 loss to Switzerland, according to Keith Hackett.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the ex-FIFA and Premier League referee delivered his verdict after Northern Ireland boss Ian Baraclough labelled the decision “diabolical”.

Lewis was shown a second yellow for time-wasting after he delayed taking a throw-in in the first half.

The game was goalless at the time and Northern Ireland went on to lose the crucial World Cup qualifier 1-0.

He will now miss the game away to Bulgaria tomorrow (October 12) but it now looks increasingly unlikely they will make next year’s tournament in Qatar.

Asked for his verdict on the incident, Hackett told Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitley: “I think the referee did everything possible to get that throw-in taken quickly.

“The referee’s body language was ‘Come on, get on with it’. The referee had exhausted his patience, the player took far too long.

“If you’re the Northern Ireland manager you’re not going to have him taking throw-ins when he returns from his ban, unless somebody gives him a bit of coaching advice.

“It’s a rare occurrence for a player to get a second yellow in a time-wasting scenario but that’s the laws of the game. I’m not going to be critical of the referee in any way, shape or form, he’s done his job.

“The player has to respond to the management process of the referee in a more positive manner. It’s sent a message to other players ‘Hey, this can happen’.”

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:40am
Well if Keith Hackett says so. I suppose that’s put me in my place.

NOT!
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:41am
If any Irish team played like TE did, I'd be hoping they were all red carded, the bench and all
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:43am

Well if Keith Hackett says so. I suppose that’s put me in my place.

NOT!

Right. Ex-Northern Ireland players inarticulate, highly emotional rants ten minutes after it happened are much more dependable.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

If any Irish team played like TE did, I'd be hoping they were all red carded, the bench and all

Het-field was probably one of the lads criticising Dara O'Shea for making the most out of the contact Ronaldo made with him in the Portugal game.

Now he's simping for Northern Ireland when they play on the margins of what's acceptable in a football match.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:46am
Do you know even the first thing about Hackett. Not least that he awarded one of the most controversial red cards in English football history and it remains a source of debate to this day.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:47am
Always was a good opportunity to get sucking up to Terri.
  People like you have always despised Northern nationalists, to the point where you're happy to take to bed with Unionists. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Het-field was probably one of the lads criticising Dara O'Shea for making the most out of the contact Ronaldo made with him in the Portugal game.

Now he's simping for Northern Ireland when they play on the margins of what's acceptable in a football match.

Lol. Who the hell uses the word “simping”.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 326327328329330 369>
  Share Topic