You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327328329 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I think you mean Yakin thought one of his staff would get booked for their reaction to Lewis's timewasting. Of course your mind would automatically go to this absolving Lewis and NI of any blame, though.

No, it is clear that Yakin thought the red card was for one of his staff, hence his use of the word "surprised" (when he saw it was for Lewis).

I'm assuming you're a Rangers fan based on nothing more than your comments on Celtic and Rangers threads...

Which comments? Find me one which indicates even the slightest leaning towards Rangers.

One.

... and comments about Doherty and Parrott on Spurs threads
Same with Doherty or Parrott - even one comment will do.

... and the general undertones of bigotry in your comments which for some reason you think you're being witty or clever about.
"general undertones"? Same as above.

Remember, I'm not the one eg who defended Baggio for his overt bigotry in referring to "cheating orange bastards", am I?

Oh, and I haven't forgotten "Beacom's 17 seconds" either.

Care to admit that you were plain wrong on that one, too?
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:27pm
I know the rules. But I also know when they are applied in the real world. Being on a yellow doesn’t make you immune. But to get the second yellow more often than not is a matter of degree, and the lower grade the offence, the more common sense that ought to be applied.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:30pm

The rules for a first yellow are the same as the rules for a second yellow.

The rules don't refer to the emotive "time-wasting", they refer to delaying, or preventing, the restart of play, which Lewis was doing.

NI were repeatedly, and explicitly, warned about timewasting; their captain was literally warned about it 2 minutes before the red card.

Lewis had options for a throw and didn't take them. He stood there like a gobdaw for an inordinate amount of time and several NI players took the piss by moving out of positions where they could accept the ball.

Being on a yellow doesn't give you armor and protect you from being sent off for another bookable offense.

Bumping this because Terriboreial's latest boring comment has it hidden on the previous page.

And someone who has repeatedly made "witty" barbs about child grooming shouldn't be getting precious about an institutionally bigoted club being called bigots, especially if he purports to not support them.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Oct 2021 at 3:31pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:33pm
I responded already.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I know the rules. But I also know when they are applied in the real world. Being on a yellow doesn’t make you immune. But to get the second yellow more often than not is a matter of degree, and the lower grade the offence, the more common sense that ought to be applied.

You're wasting your time arguing with HH over this - as his whole record shows, when it comes to all things NI, he is instinctively and viscerally prejudiced, literally.

Anyhow, can you or anyone else remember the last time someone was sent off for time-wasting, at least in the first half of a game?

Because I'm blowed if I can.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:46pm
Different situation, and different circumstances, but Liam Daish was red carded (second yellow) in a US Cup game against Mexico. He either delayed (for a split second) or took it from the wrong position, was carded and all hell broke lose.

Edited by Het-field - 12 Oct 2021 at 3:47pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:52pm

And someone who has repeatedly made "witty" barbs about child grooming shouldn't be getting precious about an institutionally bigoted club being called bigots, especially if he purports to not support them.

More lies.

You were the one who first made implications about "child grooming" (re Conor Bradley), which I found deplorable, not amusing.

So why not produce some of these "witty barbs", then?

But no hurry, since you clearly need more time to find some evidence to support your previous claims, namely:
"I'm assuming you're a Rangers fan based on nothing more than your comments on Celtic and Rangers threads and comments about Doherty and Parrott on Spurs threads and the general undertones of bigotry in your comments"

Even one comment will do - that's if you've finished counting the seconds Lewis took over his throw-in...

And for the nth time, I do not support Rangers - I had hoped my "two cheeks one arse" comment would have made that abundantly clear.

But it is equally clear that someone with so prejudiced a mindset as yours must be incapable of accepting anything which contradicts his entrenched preconceptions and assumnptions.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Different situation, and different circumstances, but Liam Daish was red carded (second yellow) in a US Cup game against Mexico. He either delayed (for a split second) or took it from the wrong position, was carded and all hell broke lose.
"All hell broke loose", did it?

And were the circimstances more or less likely to lead to a red card than the Lewis one?

Meanwhile, here is the view of another pundit who was in the studio:

"The first booking is lazy defending, and then you're walking on a tightrope, I get it. But the second?"

"Watch the referee. He is pointing at Jamal, that's fine. But he's not saying 'get a move on'.

"Now he starts walking over, blows the whistle and gives him a second yellow card.

"It's shambolic. I have never seen a player get a second booking for time wasting after 36 minutes in any game of my life. It is an awful decision."

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/jamal-lewis-sent-off-time-wasting-36-minutes-237927

I guess Neil Lennon must be another Rangers fan, too... LOL

Edited by Territorial - 12 Oct 2021 at 4:00pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 4:09pm
Your mask has slipped plenty of times, Terri. I don't have the time to trawl through thousands of comments showing examples. Your two cheeks of the same arse metaphor you're so fond of recycling doesn't even make sense when you compare the behaviour of the Rangers board with the Celtic board, or that of the Rangers fans with the Celtic fans. Do Celtic fans have a history of racially abusing their own players or engaging in wholesale racist chanting? Does the Celtic board have a history of discriminating based on religious denomination? Why are you so set on excusing negative behaviours among a specific set of supporters if you don't support them?

Your lack of empathy or understanding when it comes to the reasons why players like Duffy or McClean might want to play for RoI, and your constant admonishments of them over a decade since they played for your tinpot team, is also pathological and shows your true nature.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Oct 2021 at 4:13pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 4:11pm
And Neil Lennon is a former NI player you absolute headbanger. LOL

What do you expect a former NI player to say on coverage of a NI game?

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Oct 2021 at 4:12pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 4:14pm
Who gives a flying f**k! The North would have lost anyway, they were pathetically bad even before the red card.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 4:21pm
And walk off a long pier with the "but it was only 17 seconds" twaddle. Cry

You'd swear the referee lost patience while he was in the middle of attempting a throw. He stood there for 20 seconds and was still standing with his arms slack. It was going to be at least 25 seconds if the referee gave NI the leverage they wanted to continue to abuse.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 4:35pm

Your mask has slipped plenty of times, Terri. I don't have the time to trawl through thousands of comments showing examples. Your two cheeks of the same arse metaphor you're so fond of recycling doesn't even make sense when you blah blah blah....
You are the one claiming I'm a Bluenose, so you are the one who should back it up - I shouldn't have to prove a negative

And if there really are "thousands" of incriminating comments, then you'll have no problem finding just one.

Indeed, for a man of your fine forensic mind, it shouldn't take you more than...   ... 17 seconds?

As for my metaphor, it is entirely apposite, since if there are two cheeks, they're still only squeezing out the same old sh*te as you come out with, namely "It was Themmuns, so it was".

But hey, don't let me distract you from your evidence gathering.

The clock is ticxking...

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 4:41pm

And walk off a long pier with the "but it was only 17 seconds" twaddle. Cry

You'd swear the referee lost patience while he was in the middle of attempting a throw. He stood there for 20 seconds and was still standing with his arms slack. It was going to be at least 25 seconds if the referee gave NI the leverage they wanted to continue to abuse.

You claimed previously that 30 seconds had elapsed between Lewis receiiving the ball and the ref red-carding him.

Yet the video clearly shows JL receiving the ball on 12 seconds, while the ref is shown reaching for the card on 29 seconds (though it might even have been a second or two earlier i.e before the camera cut to him).

That is 17 seconds (max) in anyones book.

Anyone, that is, who is not so prejudiced as to ignore the evidence before his very eyes.

It is one thing to make a simple factual claim and subsequently be proven wrong.

But to cling to it even in the face of incontrovertible proof is something else.

I would say you should be embarrassed, but that would require a modicum of the self-awareness which you clearly lack.

Edited by Territorial - 12 Oct 2021 at 4:46pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Who gives a flying f**k! The North would have lost anyway, they were pathetically bad even before the red card.

That's as may be.

But it's not the point at issue.
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:51pm
Your "two cheeks of the one arse" expression is so apt for Terri..... It gives cover to an arsehole! 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:55pm
Terri, seeing as they’ve rounded on you for simply offering an alternative point of view, I think you can take it (in a favourite term of the forum) that you’ve run rings around people.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

That's as may be.

But it's not the point at issue.

There is no issue!! The ref was well within his right to issue a second yellow card to Lewis! Get over it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327328329 369>
  Share Topic