You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

LOL at Northern Ireland accusing us of "using" and "manipulating" kids from Northern Ireland and discarding them when we don't need them, then bringing on a 17-year-old child in the 86th minute of a game they're winning 3-0 against Malta.

Nothing but a blatant enticement to someone because of their religious background.

Creepy stuff.

This "child" (now turned 18, btw) made his competitive debut as an injury sub against Switzerland the other week.

He's certainly been well groomed, that's for sure, and his whole family as well...

(See 40 seconds in)

Anyhow, young Conor got the biggest cheer of the night when he cleaned out the Swiss LB almost the minute he took the field.

Clap

It's unhealthy the amount of comments you leave about this lad here and on Foot.ie.

Why wouldn't he get cheered? It's the disobedient Fenians who don't play for NI who get racist abuse.

Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 2:20pm

It's unhealthy the amount of comments you leave about this lad here and on Foot.ie.
Er, I'm an NI fan and this is an NI thread - what's your interest?

Not only that, but if you look back at this thread, more often than not I am responding to something which you (or a select few others) have brought up eg Conor Bradley.

Let's face it, you are "The tonyjaa of the Tuaisceart Éireann thread" LOL

Why wouldn't he get cheered? It's the disobedient Fenians who don't play for NI who get racist abuse.
I don't give a stuff about the players' religious backgrounds, while you clearly do.

That's another thing you have in common with tonyjaa: neither of you does Irony.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 2:29pm

Not only that, but if you look back at this thread, more often than not I am responding to something which you (or a select few others) have brought up eg Conor Bradley.

I don't give a stuff about the players' religious backgrounds, while you clearly do.

That's another thing you have in common with tonyjaa: neither of you does Irony.

This is a forum about the RoI national team, what is your interest? And before you say it's because we have a thread about the NI national team, you post the same waffle on Foot.ie and they don't have a thread dedicated to the NI national team.

And maybe you should have more empathy about the backgrounds of lads like McClean and Duffy. Then you wouldn't have to constantly try and belittle them because they didn't want to play for your popcorn fart of a team.

Now go on and post some more drivel on the Adam Idah thread (which has no relevance to NI) like a good lad with way too much time on his hands.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 2:37pm

This is a forum about the RoI national team, what is your interest? And before you say it's because we have a thread about the NI national team, you post the same waffle on Foot.ie and they don't have a thread dedicated to the NI national team.

And maybe you should have more empathy about the backgrounds of lads like McClean and Duffy. Then you wouldn't have to constantly try and belittle them because they didn't want to play for your popcorn fart of a team.

Now go on and post some more drivel on the Adam Idah thread (which has no relevance to NI) like a good lad with way too much time on his hands.

Cheers, Tones. Wink
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 1:02pm
In light of the Callum Robinson controversy elsewhere, could this be an (ultra-rare) example of the IFA getting in early to try to control the news agenda?

(See short video insert)
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 7:44pm
This'll be good fun
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:25pm
What a horrendous decision to send off Lewis
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:44pm
Cry
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

One of the worst decisions I've seen in a long time 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

One of the worst decisions I've seen in a long time 

Good to see time wasting being punished, thought he could get away with it on a yellow card. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:55pm

Ridiculous refereeing. I know NI were taking ages to take throw-ins but if the referee really wanted to clamp down on that, he should have clearly warned them, warned the captain or at worst, book a player who wasn't already booked. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:59pm
The ref did warn the captain. 
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:27pm
had the ball in his hands for 20 seconds , didn't look like he was about to throw it. Deserved yellow, his own fault.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:29pm
It was worthy of a yellow, but not a 2nd to send someone off. I'd say it was too late when the ref realised it was going to be a red card.
It would damage this forums' reputation
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 7:58am
Should Lewis have hurried up and taken the throw knowing he was on a yellow? How much time did he want? 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 10:31am
Originally posted by trevwaterford trevwaterford wrote:

Should Lewis have hurried up and taken the throw knowing he was on a yellow? How much time did he want? 

25 seconds and counting and he didn't look like he was about to throw it. In all my years watching RoI, I've never seen anything like that at any stage of a game, let alone the 37th minute. LOL

IDK what Baraclough is whining about but it's on brand for them as they do have a persecution complex.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 10 Oct 2021 at 10:31am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 10:57am
I think if we were on the wrong side of that decision we’d be frothing. Common sense and all that.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I think if we were on the wrong side of that decision we’d be frothing. Common sense and all that.

We'd have to have a player doing it to begin with when we're not a cynical team (to our detriment at times). Then we'd have to have a player stupid enough to do it on a yellow.

Some people expect all the culpability to be on the referee for some reason as if Lewis forgot he was on a yellow.

If you're timewasting in the 37th minute, I'd lay more of the blame at the manager's feet. But, hey, that's just me.

Conor Bradley coming on and immediately making a moronic tackle that could've hurt an opposition player/resulted in a red (certainly with the ref we had against Portugal) would suggest that Baraclough simply needs to manage situations a bit better.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 10 Oct 2021 at 11:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 369>
  Share Topic