You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 315316317318319 369>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 9:27pm
You can put your wee emojis all you want but if you seriously think that Chelsea fans are not known for their behaviour worldwide you are completely. "One instance of mitagation".. Enjoyed that. 

Hope you're OK though..
Sponsored Links

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

You can put your wee emojis all you want but if you seriously think that Chelsea fans are not known for their behaviour worldwide you are completely. "One instance of mitagation".. Enjoyed that. 

Hope you're OK though..

*completely deluded
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 9:28pm

Hope you're OK though..

I'm not the one frothing at the mouth over RB's comment. LOL
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Are you honestly implying that our support has anywhere near the same amount of problems as the NI support when it comes to sectarianism and bigotry? LOL

I didn't imply that, you inferred it. What I actually said was that (just about) every team has a scummy element attached to it.

My point being that to try to pretend that that element typifies the great majority of that team's support, when it does not; or that they get to display their own particular brand of scummy behaviour in the stadium, when they do not; is quite simply bigoted, in the precise definition of the word.

I cannot express myself any more clearly than that.

The rest of your post was just specious garbage.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Are you honestly implying that our support has anywhere near the same amount of problems as the NI support when it comes to sectarianism and bigotry? LOL

I didn't imply that, you inferred it. What I actually said was that (just about) every team has a scummy element attached to it.

My point being that to try to pretend that that element typifies the great majority of that team's support, when it does not; or that they get to display their own particular brand of scummy behaviour in the stadium, when they do not; is quite simply bigoted, in the precise definition of the word.

I cannot express myself any more clearly than that.

The rest of your post was just specious garbage.

Yes. The go-to defense for anyone who wants to defend racist and xenophobic actions among their support.

Still going to cowardly ignore the "thick paddy" comment I alluded to?

Funny how you accuse me of othering people from the north yet somehow deem it pertinent to bring up a dated stereotype of southern Irish Catholics because I had gotten under your skin.

I thought we were all the same?

The hilarious thing is you could've just called me "thick" and it wouldn't have undermined your own argument, that would've been the end of it, but the mask always slips.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Aug 2021 at 9:37pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 9:38pm

Hope you're OK though..

What? I never once mentioned his comment? I feel the same way about Rangers and their fans as most on here. I have just been commenting on your unhealthy obsession with the North.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 9:38pm

Hope you're OK though..

I was not "frothing at the mouth".

I was quite simply pointing out that if I referred eg to Celtic as "cheating Fenian bastards", I would be banned from this board - and quite rightly so.

It was a bigoted comment, indicative of the same mindset as when he posts about Chelsea on the NI thread instead of the Chelsea thread, in a transparent attempt to tarnish the GAWA over something which has nothing to do with them.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 9:46pm

Hope you're OK though..

I was not "frothing at the mouth".

I was quite simply pointing out that if I referred eg to Celtic as "cheating Fenian bastards", I would be banned from this board - and quite rightly so.

It was a bigoted comment, indicative of the same mindset as when he posts about Chelsea on the NI thread instead of the Chelsea thread, in a transparent attempt to tarnish the GAWA over something which has nothing to do with them.

He didn't call them cheating Scottish bastards (I can't think of a derogatory word for Scots akin to fenian), though, and I already explained the relevance to NI fans but you won't respond to it. Maybe the loyalist flute band were Londoners. Confused

You shouldn't have stooped down to his level by calling me a thick paddy. Should've just called me thick. Then I'd be able to take you the slightest bit seriously.

I'd also be able to take your presence on this forum seriously if you weren't regurgitating these tiresome debates with several different posters on a biweekly basis.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Aug 2021 at 9:51pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 9:57pm

Funny how you accuse me of othering people from the north yet somehow deem it pertinent to bring up a dated stereotype of southern Irish Catholics because I had gotten under your skin.

The hilarious thing is you could've just called me "thick" and it wouldn't have undermined your own argument, that would've been the end of it, but the mask always slips.

The exact quotation was:
"[By your posting] you appear to be doing your best to give credence to all those tired old Thick Paddy tropes from the last century."

If you cannot comprehend the point I was making, including that I clearly disapprove of 'Thick Paddy' jokes, then I'm afraid there's no helping you, never mind debating with you.

Good night.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:10pm

The exact quotation was:
"[By your posting] you appear to be doing your best to give credence to all those tired old Thick Paddy tropes from the last century."

If you cannot comprehend the point I was making, including that I clearly disapprove of 'Thick Paddy' jokes, then I'm afraid there's no helping you, never mind debating with you.

Good night.

Why bring up a racist stereotype that started dying out about 40 years ago in the first place unless you were trying to be clever about making a xenophobic jibe towards me and give yourself plausible deniability? It was unnecessary and completely undermines your indignation regarding RB's comment.

You could've just called me thick and nobody would've raised any eyebrows - including me!

As I mentioned earlier, it just looks like you are trying to be clever about making a racist remark and get away with it, like Jeremy Clarkson's slope comment and other race-baiting quips on Top Gear.

You're not as smart as you think, though, just like him!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:28pm

@ Terri's Chocolate Orange.

Chelsea and NI fans. Two cheeks of the same arse.

Surprised the BBC didn't broadcast that song as part of their friendly report on fans being in great spirits
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:29pm

Embarrassment as right. People banging on about sectarianism, Rotlips_Hooligan and his wee sidekick Robin wouldn't know sectarianism if jumped up and bit their wee hole.

Confused
Who da f**k is this guy
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:30pm

RB said, and this is a direct quote, "Orange ****s". Where is the reference to nationality or religion in that? There's a significant amount of crossover when it comes to Rangers fans and boardroom members who have ties to the Orange Order, and a significant amount of anti-Catholic and anti-Irish sentiment among a significant amount of their fans and boardroom members. The recent documentary on Alex Ferguson shined a mainstream light on this recently when he brought up the discrimination against him due to the religion of his wife.

Unless you've been living under a rock with your fingers in your ears the term 'Orange', when used broadly is sectarian. The qualification about the 'Orange Order' came after, and you've decided to cling onto that. Either youre being wilfully ignorant or disingenuous if you are going to claim that the term 'orange' when used in a derogatory sense is about the Order.

As I said, colourful comment by RB, but pretty tame compared to stuff made in similar jest on Rangers and NI boards i.e. tarrier comments.

'Colourful', wow. What is said on other boards is irrelevant. It doesnt give freedom to use a term like that.

But if people want to imply this is the same thing as denigrating an entire race of people when the Orange Order make up a statistical minority of Protestant people in the North, then be my guest.

Im not implying that. Especially as the term 'orange' when used broadly is derogatory and not just about the Order.

I'd genuinely love to see how this whataboutery or deflection re: "f**k the pope" chants would be received if it was Jewish or Muslim people who were on the receiving end of it.

I have not used whataboutery. But there you go again.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Embarrassment as right. People banging on about sectarianism, Rotlips_Hooligan and his wee sidekick Robin wouldn't know sectarianism if jumped up and bit their wee hole.

Confused
Who da f**k is this guy

I know. If anything, I'm your sidekick.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:35pm
It was about time these forums were livened up a bit, I made a comment and apologised, its showbusiness baby, get over it. 

On a more serious note, some people's attitude on here:

"Orange Bastards" - how dare you, disgusting sectarian comment that needs removed

"f**k the Pope" - ha ha ha, was the Pope offended? I've no love for the church so whats the big deal
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:39pm

"f**k the Pope" - ha ha ha, was the Pope offended? I've no love for the church so whats the big deal

But who said that in its ordinary meaning on here RB? The world and its mother knows that the chant or the phrase in its ordinary meaning is sectarian and with more than a touch of supermacy about it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

RB said, and this is a direct quote, "Orange ****s". Where is the reference to nationality or religion in that? There's a significant amount of crossover when it comes to Rangers fans and boardroom members who have ties to the Orange Order, and a significant amount of anti-Catholic and anti-Irish sentiment among a significant amount of their fans and boardroom members. The recent documentary on Alex Ferguson shined a mainstream light on this recently when he brought up the discrimination against him due to the religion of his wife.

Unless you've been living under a rock with your fingers in your ears the term 'Orange', when used broadly is sectarian. The qualification about the 'Orange Order' came after, and you've decided to cling onto that. Either youre being wilfully ignorant or disingenuous if you are going to claim that the term 'orange' when used in a derogatory sense is about the Order.

As I said, colourful comment by RB, but pretty tame compared to stuff made in similar jest on Rangers and NI boards i.e. tarrier comments.

'Colourful', wow. What is said on other boards is irrelevant. It doesnt give freedom to use a term like that.

But if people want to imply this is the same thing as denigrating an entire race of people when the Orange Order make up a statistical minority of Protestant people in the North, then be my guest.

Im not implying that. Especially as the term 'orange' when used broadly is derogatory and not just about the Order.

I'd genuinely love to see how this whataboutery or deflection re: "f**k the pope" chants would be received if it was Jewish or Muslim people who were on the receiving end of it.

I have not used whataboutery. But there you go again.

To be perfectly honest, I'd be more worried if he was abusing Aberdeen or St. Johnstone fans. Or The Tartan Army. Or abusing people because they're Presbyterian or Methodist. Or because they're Scottish.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't think he posted what he said with xenophobic intent.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:43pm

It was about time these forums were livened up a bit, I made a comment and apologised, its showbusiness baby, get over it. 

On a more serious note, some people's attitude on here:

"Orange Bastards" - how dare you, disgusting sectarian comment that needs removed

He seems to be alright with thick paddy jibes being thrown around, oddly enough. We're so precious about how we're perceived by other people that we sometimes forget that anti-Irish jibes and undercurrents should be treated with similar disdain as they would be if it was a black Irishman or an Irish Jew being subjected to similar remarks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 315316317318319 369>
  Share Topic