You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 314315316317318 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

https://twitter.com/vincekearney/status/1425535041342423040?s=21

Remind me again why Catholics should be going to this cesspit to support Northern Ireland?

There is a Chelsea thread on this forum, 123 pages long:
https://forum.ybig.ie/chelsea_topic40240.html

The fact that you attempt to link this to the NI football team/GAWA shows you up for what you are i.e. someone so blinkered he's determined to take any opportunity to slur "Themmuns", regardless of context or relevance.

But still, maybe I should go easy on you - at least this time you managed to restrain yourself from including another overtly sectarian slur.
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:25pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Didn't know the Pope was there to be honest. Villareal fan is he?

Lets not try and trivialise it, its sectarian
Aye, and you know all about sectarianism, don't you?
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

https://twitter.com/vincekearney/status/1425535041342423040?s=21

Remind me again why Catholics should be going to this cesspit to support Northern Ireland?

There is a Chelsea thread on this forum, 123 pages long:

The fact that you attempt to link this to the NI football team/GAWA shows you up for what you are i.e. someone so blinkered he's determined to take any opportunity to slur "Themmuns", regardless of context or relevance.

But still, maybe I should go easy on you - at least this time you managed to restrain yourself from including another overtly sectarian slur.

Do Chelsea fans get led to matches in Stamford Bridge by loyalist flute bands?

LOL

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Aug 2021 at 7:27pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I'm shocked beyond belief. I'd believe it if it was any other set of fans - but Northern Irish ones? No way. It must be some kind of mistake. They must have been chanting "Suck the soap" or something.

If you can't tell the difference between Chelsea fans and NI fans, then you're even thicker than I thought.

Edited by Territorial - 12 Aug 2021 at 7:40pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:33pm
Terriboreial having a nightmare here.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:48pm

Do Chelsea fans get led to matches in Stamford Bridge by loyalist flute bands?

LOL

I shouldn't think so.

But what has any of that got to do with NI fans?

And why is this in the NI thread?

Actually, I'll answer myself, namely you and RB are so blinkered and lacking in integrity that you'll post any old crap in an effort to tarnish "Themmuns".

Which is the very essence of the problem which you purport to deplore, meaning that you and people like those Chelsea chavs are nothing more than two cheeks of the same arse.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:50pm
@ Terri's Chocolate Orange.

Chelsea and NI fans. Two cheeks of the same arse.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Aug 2021 at 7:56pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 8:03pm
this thread is an embarrassment 

To use orange in the context it was was sectarian end of story whether intentional from RB which I doubt or not 

Other posters weighing in in support are the flip side of the Robbie Coltrane sketch Mason Boyne where even a happy birthday card from snoopy is seen as a papish plot 

The complete inability by sone posters to see the other side is at best depressing and at worst counter productive to a united country 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 8:06pm
I'd posit that people who try to justify or mitigate blatant racism and bigotry are more of a problem than anything RB said, but that's just me.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 8:16pm

I'd posit that people who try to justify or mitigate blatant racism and bigotry are more of a problem than anything RB said, but that's just me.

To keep with the Charlie Brown theme 

‘ oh good grief ‘ 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 8:19pm
Embarrassment as right. People banging on about sectarianism, Rotlips_Hooligan and his wee sidekick Robin wouldn't know sectarianism if jumped up and bit their wee hole.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 8:23pm
If anyone sincerely thinks that hate speech against Roman Catholics and Irish people deserves the same amount of opprobrium as hate speech against the Orange Order, then I'm frankly lost for words.

RB's comment was colourful but he didn't make derogatory comments about Protestants or Northern Irish people.

I think people are getting a little bit carried away and selective in their outrage.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Aug 2021 at 8:25pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 8:26pm

If anyone sincerely thinks that hate speech against Roman Catholics and Irish people deserves the same amount of opprobrium as hate speech against the Orange Order, then I'm frankly lost for words.

Moved on from whataboutery to just being disingenuous, I see?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Moved on from whataboutery to just being disingenuous, I see?

RB said, and this is a direct quote, "Orange ****s". Where is the reference to nationality or religion in that? There's a significant amount of crossover when it comes to Rangers fans and boardroom members who have ties to the Orange Order, and a significant amount of anti-Catholic and anti-Irish sentiment among a significant amount of their fans and boardroom members. The recent documentary on Alex Ferguson shined a mainstream light on this recently when he brought up the discrimination against him due to the religion of his wife.

As I said, colourful comment by RB, but pretty tame compared to stuff made in similar jest on Rangers and NI boards i.e. tarrier comments.

But if people want to imply this is the same thing as denigrating an entire race of people when the Orange Order make up a statistical minority of Protestant people in the North, then be my guest.

I'd genuinely love to see how this whataboutery or deflection re: "f**k the pope" chants would be received if it was Jewish or Muslim people who were on the receiving end of it.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Aug 2021 at 8:41pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 8:56pm

@ Terri's Chocolate Orange.

Chelsea and NI fans. Two cheeks of the same arse.
No-one, incl me, would deny that there is a scummy element which would attach itself to the NI support. Just as happens with just about every other team eg Celtic, Rangers, Chelsea, Millwall, ROI or England etc.

But to try to pretend in the face of all evidence, as you and RB do, that that element is somehow typical of the great majority of NI fans, or that they can get away with that sort of behaviour at Windsor, betrays the very same bigoted mindset as that which you purport to condemn.

Yoiu know, like posting a Chelsea demo on the NI thread, when there is already a perfectly good Chelsea thread to use instead...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 9:05pm
Are you honestly implying that our support has anywhere near the same amount of problems as the NI support when it comes to sectarianism and bigotry? LOL

If anyone else was looking for sympathy over RB's comment I'd take it halfway seriously but you literally called me a "thick Paddy" on another thread yesterday and thought you were being clever about it (kind of like another bigot Jeremy Clarkson's slope comment and race-baiting against Argentinians on Top Gear).

Wacko

Anyways, keep ignoring all the ample evidence on Twitter and the BBC news.

Funny how coming to Windsor Park brings out this kind of behaviour from the Chelsea support. Can't remember this happening at any point during their European travels over dozens of previous CL and EL games oddly enough. Wonder why that is?

Ermm

As you succinctly said, but not in the way you intended. "Two cheeks of the same arse".

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Aug 2021 at 9:06pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 9:11pm

Are you honestly implying that our support has anywhere near the same amount of problems as the NI support when it comes to sectarianism and bigotry? LOL

If anyone else was looking for sympathy over RB's comment I'd take it halfway seriously but you literally called me a "thick Paddy" on another thread yesterday and thought you were being clever about it (kind of like another bigot Jeremy Clarkson's slope comment and race-baiting against Argentinians on Top Gear).

Wacko

Funny how coming to Windsor Park brings out this kind of behaviour from the Chelsea support. Can't remember this happening at any point during their European travels over dozens of previous CL and EL games oddly enough. Wonder why that is?

Ermm

As you succinctly said, but not in the way you intended. "Two cheeks of the same arse".

Ah this has to be a pi$s take? They're synonymous for their racist/C18/anti Irish wherever they go.. Remember a few years ago them refusing a man on the train in Paris due to the color of his skin? There abuse and assault of waiters abroad? I could go on all day.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Wacko

Ermm

Ah this has to be a pi$s take? They're synonymous for their racist/C18/anti Irish wherever they go.. Remember a few years ago them refusing a man on the train in Paris due to the color of his skin? There abuse and assault of waiters abroad? I could go on all day.

I knew in advance that someone was going to bring up that one example as mitigation. Wacko

I already explained to Terri that there is video footage of a loyalist flute band leading Chelsea fans to the ground. Do loyalist flute bands regularly lead Chelsea fans to Stamford Bridge for PL matches? If I'm mistaken about that, then I'll take back everything I've said; just show me proof. Otherwise, it's perfectly valid to put this stuff in this thread no matter how much he moans about it. What on earth is the justification behind that act of cultural superiority? What sporting context does it have? Is it a tradition that Chelsea fans carry out during all their away trips, or just for the ones to this island? Indulge me, please.

And it's rich for people to accuse me of whataboutery when we are now comparing abuse of waiters on foreign trips (something a minority of all fans are probably guilty of doing on away trips) with "f**k the pope" chants with a straight face.

Not to mention the elephant in the room that there is a large crossover of Linfield, Rangers and Chelsea fans.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Aug 2021 at 9:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 314315316317318 369>
  Share Topic