You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 369>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 7:29am
That comment/ analogy was brutally insensitive to those people who were denied the right to live in their own country, forced to emigrate without state assistance, to countries, where they also got a raw deal.Shame on you Sir.Small wonder you have skulked and gone to ground
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 10:12am
Interesting one that might also apply to us in the future.

Northern Ireland's allocation for their away fixture in Rotterdam next month was pretty small and way oversubscribed.  The Dutch still have home end tickets on sale.  People with addresses in NI who bought tickets in the home end got an email this morning saying they will be moved to a NI only section.  Judging by social media everyone is happy with the move.  

I only have scans of the email so can't seem to post on here.  

I bought a ticket in the home end months ago using my Dublin address but did not get the email.   

We could be away to the Dutch in a playoff next March or of course could draw them in the next campaign.  This sets an interesting precedent.

I don't know the NI allocation for Rotterdam but the Dutch only got 700 tickets for Belfast.      
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 11:12am
The Oranges not being very nice to each other with allocations.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

The Oranges not being very nice to each other with allocations.

5% + 200 Cat 1s is my understanding.  

The Dutch have made 700 tickets available to their fanclub all at the same price.  The IFA haven't sold the remainder (to the best of my knowledge) with a public sale scheduled for September 24th.  I suppose they could still give more but I doubt it. 

If we were to play the Dutch in a playoff next March then away end tickets would be a huge problem.     
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I don't know the NI allocation for Rotterdam but the Dutch only got 700 tickets for Belfast.      

I had thought visiting teams were entitled to 5%? That would equate to 900 for Belfast, though I think it may be reduced further should there be segregation problems?

Anyhow, for Rotterdam, I'm told our allocation is 2,106, which equates to 5% - De Kuip's normal 51k capacity is reduced for internationals, apparently.

Which would explain a recent development. It seems NI fans who couldn't get official away end tickets and who bought tickets in home sections directly from the Dutch FA or Feyenoord are now being told they'll be moved to a section underneath the official away end. I assume this new "away end" may be the section which isn't normally sold for internationals (i.e. reduced capacity)?

If so, I don't know whether they have a similar, er, "backstop" for games played in the Cruyff Arena in A'dam, but that stadium is a bit bigger than De Kuip anyhow - normal club capacity is 55k.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 2:29pm
I think it might be 5% + 200 Cat 1s.  National Federations can of course agree more or less among thremselves.  For WP the corner between the North and East Stands will presemably be the away end.  An allocation in the North Stand beside the away end could be classed as Cat 1 as they are between the corner flags.  

The KNVB have said 700 but of course they may have already taken a chunk out for VIPs and sponsors.  It will be their first competitive visit to Belfast since 1977 (can't think of friendlies either off hand) and will most likely decide qualification.   Demand will obviously be massive.  A friend (at silver level in their fanclub) got his ticket today at 12CET as soon as they were offered.  100% pickup on matchday in Belfast with id.   He thinks the away end will be soldout today most likely (if not already).   

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 12:02pm
Germany vs Holland tomorrow. Should be a cracker.  

Assuming Germany will win the group after their result in Amsterdam, a win for Germany be the best result for N.I.? 

I'd imagine a Dutch win would be the worst result for N.I. as Germany game would be even more difficult to get something out of on Monday. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Assuming Germany will win the group after their result in Amsterdam, a win for Germany be the best result for N.I.? 

I'd imagine a Dutch win would be the worst result for N.I. as Germany game would be even more difficult to get something out of on Monday. 

Germany having already won in Holland, our best, slim hope of qualifying automatically in 2nd place needs the following all to happen:

1. Germany to beat Holland at home tonight - v.possible;
2. NI to take a point off Germany somehow - just possible, if only in the final group match in Frankfurt, with Germany already qualified;
3. NI to share the points with Holland, either two draws or one win -  hmmmm.

One or two might happen, but I can't honestly see all three.

Beyond that, our only other hope is for Holland to screw up horribly against Estonia or Belarus, and having seen both of those, that's gotta be even less likely.

Oh well, we can be sure to give it our best shot under Michael, we won't die wondering.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Germany having already won in Holland, our best, slim hope of qualifying automatically in 2nd place needs the following all to happen:

1. Germany to beat Holland at home tonight - v.possible;
2. NI to take a point off Germany somehow - just possible, if only in the final group match in Frankfurt, with Germany already qualified;
3. NI to share the points with Holland, either two draws or one win -  hmmmm.

One or two might happen, but I can't honestly see all three.

Beyond that, our only other hope is for Holland to screw up horribly against Estonia or Belarus, and having seen both of those, that's gotta be even less likely.

Oh well, we can be sure to give it our best shot under Michael, we won't die wondering.

N.I. have a better chance against Germany as long as Germany beat Holland imo. I couldn't see Germany dropping 4 points over these two games. I wouldn't actually write N.I. off from getting a draw.

It's not likely that Holland will drop points away to Belarus and Estonia but they still have to play those games. N.I. have those banker 12 points in the bag so all the pressure is on the Dutch to get something out of tomorrow's game. 4 points minimum is what they need from the Germany and Estonia games. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 3:18pm

It's not likely that Holland will drop points away to Belarus and Estonia but they still have to play those games. N.I. have those banker 12 points in the bag so all the pressure is on the Dutch to get something out of tomorrow's game. 4 points minimum is what they need from the Germany and Estonia games. 
EST and BEL are both v.poor teams - it was only our traditional lack of a finisher which prevented us from dealing with them more comfortably.

And I have the clear impression that each thought they could get something off us, at least. Now that that hasn't happened, playing off for 4th vs 5th in the Group can hold no appeal for them - eg after we won 2-1 in Estonia with two late goals in June, they then lost 8-0 in Germany four days later! Shocked

Still, if Germany can kick the sh*te out of Holland in Hamburg tonight (and win, obv), maybe the Dutch will suffer a hangover when they play in Tallinn on Monday?

(Straw-clutching, I know)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 3:48pm
Yeah, definitely want a German win.

There is always a chance of the Netherlands messing up one of the away games against the minnows.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There is always a chance of the Netherlands messing up one of the away games against the minnows.

Yeah, but "slipping up" could mean drawing one of them - I really can't see them losing either, barring some freak occurrence.

And that being so, they wouldn't even need to win both their games against NI - 4 points against us would cancel out a couple of dropped points by them in BEL or EST.

The more I think about it, the more I realise we got a really sh*tty draw. Ouch

Edited by Territorial - 05 Sep 2019 at 3:59pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah, but "slipping up" could mean drawing one of them - I really can't see them losing either, barring some freak occurrence.

And that being so, they wouldn't even need to win both their games against NI - 4 points against us would cancel out a couple of dropped points by them in BEL or EST.

The more I think about it, the more I realise we got a really sh*tty draw. Ouch

It was hilarious how it all transpired in Dublin's fair city LOL

I could imagine the conspiracy theories that were flying around on owc that day Wink
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 5:47pm
I'm a bit more confident than EG. Netherlands still need to win those games (esp away) which creates pressure.

Yes there were some conspiracy theories about the draw change but that's what fans on web boards do 😀
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

I'm a bit more confident than EG. Netherlands still need to win those games (esp away) which creates pressure.

Between them, BEL and EST have played 7 games in the group, scoring 2 goals and conceding 21.

Their finishing is worse even than ours.

Meanwhile, Ronald Koeman has laid his cards on the table:

"The duel with Germany is not a key match," the former Southampton and Everton manager said.

"We have to get 12 points against Estonia and Belarus and be better in the two games with Northern Ireland."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 2:06pm
The north won't get a point in the four games against Holland and Germany, fingers crossed!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The north won't get a point in the four games against Holland and Germany, fingers crossed!

Don't tempt fate. Angry

I've been reading for years on here how they won't do this and they won't do that. They won't get out of their EURO 2016 group etc etc. 

I think they'll push Holland all the way to the last game tbh. 

Edited by irishmufc - 06 Sep 2019 at 4:55pm
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 8:34am
I don't think the NI guy ,on here,  need make an application for an Irish Passport to travel to the Euros post Brexit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 369>
  Share Topic