You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Surely if it’s that bad a crime in footballing terms, I mean it probably influenced you to join the forum of a rival team, then age isn’t that big a factor and it’s the principle of it

OK for Michael O’Neill to do it, a disgrace when the FAI do it. I get ya.

Er, the principle involved is inducing young players to tie themselves down, with no guarantees of future progression, rather a good chance of being discarded prematurely.

Morris is not young. He knows by now that the ROI is no longer in the slightest bit interested him, nor will they ever be. And he knows that the bottom of the SPL is as good as it's ever going to get for him, career-wise.

Therefore he knows exactly the consequences of accepting this late, outside opportunity to play senior international football.

As such, his case is nothing like that eg of some 18 y.o. NI-born player, who gets invited to play an under-age game for ROI which will tie him down for the rest of his career.

Which is the only aspect of this eligibilty issue which Michael had complained of.

Meanwhile, seeing as you still come back after my previous post outlining the facts of the case, then it cannot be mere ignorance, so I'm forced to put it down to your stupidity.

For now*.

* - I'm still hesitant to suggest the other "explanation" which prompts some people to post garbage like yours.
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Michael O'Neill has been diagnosed with a severe case of Stockholm Syndrome.
Ah, Stockhom Syndrome, a form of mental disorder.

I guess you have to put it down to something like that.

I mean, the alternative explanation, which is that some people are just happy to play/manage football without bothering overmuch about petty, sectarian politics, is probably too much for you to accept.

It's like when eg some white-supremacist guns down a group of Hispanics, Jews or Blacks with a high-powered automatic assault rifle.

Trump has to put it down to "mental illness" on the part of the gunman, rather than accept the alternative narrative, which is that these peole are just racists and he should be keeping military weapons out of their hands in the first place.

Edited by Territorial - 29 Aug 2019 at 3:25pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:25pm
Garbage LOL

Says the man who can’t make a post without a mundane copy and paste job from Wikipedia
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I mean, the alternative explanation, which is that some people are just happy to play/manage football without bothering overmuch about petty, sectarian politics, is probably too much for you to accept.

It's like when eg some white-supremacist guns down a group of Hispanics, Jews or Blacks with a high-powered automatic assault rifle.

Trump has to put it down to "mental illness" on the part of the gunman, rather than accept the alternative narrative, which is that he should be keeping military weapons out of the hands of such people in the first place.

Oh is he? Yet called the FAI sectarian for calling up ''their'' players despite it having nothing to do with sectarianism.LOL   If he was happy to go about his business quietly he sure likes to stir the pot with sectarian accusations.

Michael O'Neill is what you would call confused.  The same as Rory McIlroy, Martin O'Neill etc...  He is like Brooks from The Shawshank Redemption.  He has been in the UK so long he now doesn't want to leave. Institutionalised.LOL

EDIT: Brooks not RedWink

Edited by Trap junior - 29 Aug 2019 at 3:32pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:52pm

Garbage LOL

Says the man who can’t make a post without a mundane copy and paste job from Wikipedia

No c & p job in any of these posts, Wiki or otherwise, just facts and reasoning.

Or maybe you'd like to point out where I've got either wrong?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 4:10pm

Oh is he? Yet called the FAI sectarian for calling up ''their'' players despite it having nothing to do with sectarianism.LOL   If he was happy to go about his business quietly he sure likes to stir the pot with sectarian accusations.

Right.

So a Catholic calling out another organisation for only approaching Catholics (or kids with Catholic-sounding names), rather than Prods, is being "sectarian" is he, rather than the organisation?

You're going to have to help me out with that one, because I'm f**ked if I can understand it. Ermm

Michael O'Neill is what you would call confused.  The same as Rory McIlroy, Martin O'Neill etc...  He is like Brooks from The Shawshank Redemption.  He has been in the UK so long he now doesn't want to leave. Institutionalised.LOL

So, it's not just "Stockholm Syndrome", but "institutionalisation" they're suffering from now, to the extent that "they don't want to leave".

I guess Michael never wanted to play for Hibernians [sic] or manage Shamrock Rovers then.

Rory never wants to play for Ireland in the Olympics.

And Martin would never agree to manage the ROI for five years, either.

See, that's the real divide in Ireland. When faced with a choice, some people apply their preconceived political opinions first, then try to make the facts bend to them.

Whereas others look at the facts of the situation first, then decide whether they conform to their own personal politics.

It's the difference between Prejudice (literally "pre-judging") and Empiricism, if you like.

Though I suspect you only like one of those...
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 4:48pm
Ah the auld sectarian card.

O'Neill and the IFA are doing the exactly the same thing as what the FAI are doing.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

O'Neill and the IFA are doing the exactly the same thing as what the FAI are doing.

Of course they are
Everyone can see that bar Terri
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 6:18pm

It was Trap Jr who brought up sectarianism.

Three posts up.

And neither you nor he has yet explained how a Catholic complaining about an organisation which only appears interested in approaching Catholics, but not Prods, is being sectarian, rather than the organisation.

The IFA only select players who were born in NI, or have NI ancestry.

Whereas the FAI selects players who were born outside ROI (i.e NI) and without any ROI ancestry.

How you can claim that that is "exactly the same thing" is bizarre.

Even more so, when Michael has never denied the right of the FAI to select NI-born players without ROI ancestry.

Rather he has complained about the FAI prematurely tying down young players before they have a proper chance to see how their future prospects pan out.

He has never done that.

Unless you imagine that selecting the English-born, 29 y.o. journeyman Morris, who has been steadfastly ignored by three successive ROI managers for nearly a decade now, comes into that category?

It could only be an Irishman who inspired the term "GUBU", that's for sure. LOL

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 6:22pm

Of course they are
Everyone can see that bar Terri

I have clearly explained the distinctions, whilst dealing with other misconceptions and untruths.

So rather than "playing the man" in some vague, random way, why don't you address the "ball" i.e. what I actually post?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 6:24pm
Its very simple, either the FAI chase up players who will play for them or players make contact with the FAI expressing their intentions.

These people would be Catholic or Nationalist, players from a Unionist wouldn't want to play for the ROI.

I have absolutely no idea what religion any of the players are in the ROI team, it's completely irrelevant.

If a Unionist player did decide to play for the ROI, I'd say he'd get the same treatment as Neil Lennon did.

He wouldn't set foot in his own community again.

Edited by horsebox - 29 Aug 2019 at 6:26pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 7:23pm

Its very simple, either the FAI chase up players who will play for them or players make contact with the FAI expressing their intentions.

These people would be Catholic or Nationalist, players from a Unionist wouldn't want to play for the ROI.

Ah right.

You decide whether they'd be interested or not, not them.

That's like in the old days, the shipyard saying we don't advertise vacancies in Catholic papers because "they probably wouldn't want to work for us".

I have absolutely no idea what religion any of the players are in the ROI team, it's completely irrelevant.

But how do you know which players to approach "who will play for you" (your phrase), if you don't have any prior knowledge of their background?

Do FAI scouts  not have access to school details, social media, home addresses or even simple players' names to give an indication?

Besides, if they've no way of knowing, and wouldn't be interested anyhow, why not instead approach every young player, and see how they react?

Except that that simply doesn't happen.

If a Unionist player did decide to play for the ROI, I'd say he'd get the same treatment as Neil Lennon did.

What, you mean like Bryan Hamilton, for instance? You know, worked for the FAI. Even played in that game vs Brazil in 1973. No fatwa on him returning to NI that I've ever heard of.

Or Alan Kernaghan. Yeah, that's the fella, famously played for ROI against NI in Belfast in 1993 - before going on to be a coach at Rangers.

Or how do you imagine he  went on to do the job managing Glentoran, a club in the very heart of loyalist East Belfast?

By remote control from a secret bunker somewhere?

P.S. Have you ever set foot in Northern Ireland?

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 7:58pm
Terri, you’re spouting sh*te here. IFA approach FAI players, no problem. FAI approach IFA players, that’s wrong.

That’s as simple as all this is, despite all the irrelevant tangents you go on.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 8:06pm

Ah, Stockhom Syndrome, a form of mental disorder.

Trump has to put it down to "mental illness" on the part of the gunman, rather than accept the alternative narrative, which is that these peole are just racists and he should be keeping military weapons out of their hands in the first place.

Where exactly did I bring up sectarianism Terrence?  I addressed it after this comment by your good self.

Trying to decipher Terrence's posts:

Image result for complicated maths on blackboard

Edited by Trap junior - 29 Aug 2019 at 8:08pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 8:16pm

Ah right.

You decide whether they'd be interested or not, not them.

That's like in the old days, the shipyard saying we don't advertise vacancies in Catholic papers because "they probably wouldn't want to work for us".

But how do you know which players to approach "who will play for you" (your phrase), if you don't have any prior knowledge of their background?

Do FAI scouts  not have access to school details, social media, home
addresses or even simple players' names to give an indication?

Besides, if they've no way of knowing, and wouldn't be interested anyhow, why not instead approach every young player, and see how they react?

Except that that simply doesn't happen.

What, you mean like Bryan Hamilton, for instance? You know, worked for the FAI. Even played in that game vs Brazil in 1973. No fatwa on him returning to NI that I've ever heard of.

Or Alan Kernaghan. Yeah, that's the fella, famously played for ROI against NI in Belfast in 1993 - before going on to be a coach at Rangers.

Or how do you imagine he  went on to do the job managing Glentoran, a club in the very heart of loyalist East Belfast?

By remote control from a secret bunker somewhere?

P.S. Have you ever set foot in Northern Ireland?

I simply couldn't be arsed responding to the rest of your drivel.

I do be up the North a few times a year. Twice in the last month.

One thing I noticed, in nearly every Unionist town, they have parachute regiment flags and soldier F flags. How welcoming.

Edited by horsebox - 29 Aug 2019 at 8:18pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 8:28pm
Those flags popular with the DUP too.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 9:45pm
The twisted, argumentative NI guy is so irritating.His shipyard analogy is twisted: Catholics weren't wanted in their big macho yard.Not so macho now.Their big macho riveters     yeah! Nobody left there now to chase Catholics in their pogroms.While that rubbish was busy marching, the Catholics were doing drill   and outbred them!😉
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 10:16pm
P.S.    We'll soon be pulling Bombardier.You'll have nothing.Play for that team!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 369>
  Share Topic