You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 369>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That's a very partitionist attitude.

Quite the opposite.

Giving them any sort of recognition as an international Football team only gives the notion that the 6 County State is an acceptable entity. Its not. Its a failed state. At present anyone born within the Irish National territory can represent the National team, we are for all intents and purposes an All Ireland team.
Sponsored Links

randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

terri, 2 questions. 

1) will you be visiting your capital city in November?
Which one, Belfast or London?

2) do you have a job? I only ask as its remarkable how much time you have spent posting on an irish football forum (and by job i dont mean guarding the bonfire every summer...)
None of your business.

a no on both fronts then.
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Randy Randy wrote:

do you have a job? I only ask as its remarkable how much time you have spent posting

Average posts per week by thread regulars;

Florrie 2
Randy 5
Terri 12

Bob 32
Dave 54
Denis 57
Horsey 61
Trap 62

Originally posted by Jason Jason wrote:

I don't know why people are even discussing the possibility of an All Ireland team. There already is an All Ireland team ffs. Whether your from Cork or Derry you can represent Ireland at Football and play under the tricolor

Giving them any sort of recognition as an international Football team only gives the notion that the 6 County State is an acceptable entity. Its not. Its a failed state. At present anyone born within the Irish National territory can represent the National team, we are for all intents and purposes an All Ireland team

The discussion  follows wide public support as I mentioned. Those people either aren't satisfied with the present all-Ireland plus others side, or don't understand it, or don't care. Or just possibly might be a wee bit bigoted ;)

If you're that bothered by a NI team continuing you can always boycott anyone who recognises it or lobby the 200 odd members of FIFA/ UEFA. Starting with the FAI. Failing that you are basically p*ssing in the wind

Edited by Floreat Ultonia - 08 Feb 2018 at 2:04pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 1:58pm
I think the issue is the dissertation length of the average post.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 2:08pm
I think it might have more to do with a) NI fans not being entirely welcomed on here and b) Randy's struggles with basic arithmetic.

If you are right, it's fair to say that most of the thread's usual suspects tend to rehash the same answers repeatedly...
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

I think it might have more to do with a) NI fans not being entirely welcomed on here and b) Randy's struggles with basic arithmetic.

If you are right, it's fair to say that most of the thread's usual suspects tend to rehash the same answers repeatedly...

i honestly don't get why the fella spends so long on a forum of a country he doesn't support (despite being irish) and as pointed out writing essays to every answer. I am genuinely interested in a) how he has so much time and b) why the obsession with irish football. i can only assume that deep down he wants to be in our gang. it was not intended as a dig on someone who is unemployed.

Edited by randyrandolph - 08 Feb 2018 at 2:21pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 2:44pm

As opposed to OWC where we're welcomed with open arms....

At least this is an open forum unlike OWC
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 2:51pm

i honestly don't get why the fella spends so long on a forum of a country he doesn't support (despite being irish) and as pointed out writing essays to every answer. I am genuinely interested in a) how he has so much time and b) why the obsession with irish football. i can only assume that deep down he wants to be in our gang. it was not intended as a dig on someone who is unemployed.
You're wondering why I'm interested in posting on the NI thread of an Irish football forum?

And there's me wondering why you're interested in me - esp when I couldn't give a flying one about you.

Anyhow, if you don't want to discuss the issues, why don't you just butt out?
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:09pm

You're wondering why I'm interested in posting on the NI thread of an Irish football forum?

And there's me wondering why you're interested in me - esp when I couldn't give a flying one about you.

LOL why are you nordies always so angry?

here's the thing. you have owc... yet you still spend half your day posting on an irish football forum (in several posts, not just nordie ones). I just don't get it. surely you have something better to do... i respect july is a long off but you need to get out more.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:12pm

I like Terri posting on the forum, sometimes he plays devils advocate and does a little bit of a wind up. But a lot of the time shows up our fans for been hypocrites.

No idea why you'd bother posting on another National teams forum regularly, but it's hardly uncommon 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I like Terri posting on the forum, sometimes he plays devils advocate and does a little bit of a wind up. But a lot of the time shows up our fans for been hypocrites.

No idea why you'd bother posting on another National teams forum regularly, but it's hardly uncommon 
I'm interested* in the NI team and international football generally. Also certain aspects of English club football, plus a few individuals like eg Martin O'Neill.

Which is why the vast majority of my posts are confined to those subjects only.

And why this forum? The obvious answer is that it covers those topics, is free, enjoys decent "traffic" and is tolerably well moderated.

Beyond that, there is only one other football forum I post regularly on (and another occasionally), and I don't do Facebook, Twitter or any other social media etc.

(And footy websites aside) I guarantee I spend less time on my feckin mobile than anyone else on this entire forum.

* - OK, "obsessed with"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:25pm
We are a very inclusive forum here as you know. We have some lads who aren't the full shilling and they are welcome. (See Bob Hoskins).  We have lads buying mythical money that doesn't exist in Bitcoin and lads going to loads of hassle with Revolut cards to save 2 euro on their next away trip.  See all kinds of weirdos catered for.Thumbs Up
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:26pm

LOL why are you nordies always so angry?

here's the thing. you have owc... yet you still spend half your day posting on an irish football forum (in several posts, not just nordie ones). I just don't get it. surely you have something better to do... i respect july is a long off but you need to get out more.

Pot Kettle really. If he was gone, who would you argue with?

All for the diversity!
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:29pm
@Denis: whataboutery alert. Randy on this page is just the latest of a series of posters on the thread sneering at NI fans with the clear intent  to make them/ us unwelcome. He can hardly complain when ridiculed. As well as the much more prolific posters I noted, there are plenty who just parrot sectarian nonsense about somewhere they know little or nothing about.

A point of information: last time this came up I registered a 2nd account on OWC. So it's  not quite a closed site as you imply. You could join. Probably not finding many who agree with you. But if I can do it, you can. All that said, I reckon OWC is over-sensitive to criticism while YBIG is under-moderated. That's not really a problem for Terri or I, but it might be for John Delaney, say...
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

We are a very inclusive forum here as you know. We have some lads who aren't the full shilling and they are welcome. (See Bob Hoskins).  We have lads buying mythical money that doesn't exist in Bitcoin and lads going to loads of hassle with Revolut cards to save 2 euro on their next away trip.  See all kinds of weirdos catered for.Thumbs Up

LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:58pm
To be fair i find it puzzling as to why people get wound up about our Northern brethren posting on here on a thread about An Tuaisceart. Adds to it!
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 4:09pm

@Denis: whataboutery alert. Randy on this page is just the latest of a series of posters on the thread sneering at NI fans with the clear intent  to make them/ us unwelcome. He can hardly complain when ridiculed. As well as the much more prolific posters I noted, there are plenty who just parrot sectarian nonsense about somewhere they know little or nothing about.

A point of information: last time this came up I registered a 2nd account on OWC. So it's  not quite a closed site as you imply. You could join. Probably not finding many who agree with you. But if I can do it, you can. All that said, I reckon OWC is over-sensitive to criticism while YBIG is under-moderated. That's not really a problem for Terri or I, but it might be for John Delaney, say...

Come off your high horse there chief.

I could only imagine some of the comments on the heavily (modified to outsiders) OWC has.

Edited by horsebox - 08 Feb 2018 at 4:20pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Guilty as charged LOL

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 369>
  Share Topic