You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 369>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Please bring back Sammy McIroy.

I don't think Michael will leave for Norwich, basically because I don't think they'll offer him it (I suspect they'll opt for a better-known "name").

But if/when he does go, my pick to replace him would be Tommy Wright.

P.S. As for Sammy, I think I'd sooner appoint his daughter. That's if she's not too busy being a Model/Actress/Woteva...
wasn't tommy wright a goal keeper?
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Please bring back Sammy McIroy.

I don't think Michael will leave for Norwich, basically because I don't think they'll offer him it (I suspect they'll opt for a better-known "name").

But if/when he does go, my pick to replace him would be Tommy Wright.

P.S. As for Sammy, I think I'd sooner appoint his daughter. That's if she's not too busy being a Model/Actress/Woteva...
He was. He is doing a fine job at St. Johnstone and I think he could do a good job with the North too.

I think Norwich could be serious about O'Neill though Terry, they went outside the box with Alex Neil and it brought them some success, O'Neill would be seen as a safer candidate than he was. I don't think Norwich are as obsessed with names and egos as some other yo-yo clubs are.

I had to google Sammy's daughter, 'tis in the family alright.LOL
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Certainly was - and some goalkeeper at that.

Had it not been for terrible luck with injuries, he'd have been a top, top keeper. In fact, he had it in him to be better than Taylor, Carroll or Platt, all of whom played at the top level in England.

And he was never better than in this 1-1 draw out in Germany where he single-handedly saved us from a hiding (though the brief "highlights" do him scant justice):

"Wright will forever be remembered for his performance in Nuremburg in 1996 as Northern Ireland claimed a famous 1-1 draw against reigning European Champions, Germany. The circumstances surrounding it make that performance even more astounding. Wright hadn’t played an international match in almost two-and-a-half years to that point and had just returned to club action on loan at Reading after a prolonged injury nightmare. Germany’s Jurgen Klinsmann would later decry the wall built in front of Wright’s net, but truly this was the match of the ‘keeper’s life."
http://nifootball.blogspot.co.uk/2007/06/tommy-wright.html

Seems to be doing a very decent job as Manager at St.Johnstone too:
"In his first season he led the Perth club to their first ever Scottish Cup final in which they defeated Dundee United. In 2016 he was named Scottish Premiership Manager of the Season having led the Saints to fourth place for a second consecutive campaign."

Footnote: Big Tommy was also goalkeeping coach at Shamrock Rovers for a bit, when Michael O'Neill was managing them.

Edited by Territorial - 03 May 2017 at 1:54pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 2:38pm
Thank you God...Clap

Northern Ireland manager Michael O'Neill has insisted that he has had "no contact" with Norwich City over the Canaries position.

On Tuesday, BBC Radio Norfolk reported that the Championship club had talked to O'Neill but he distanced himself from the role on Wednesday.

Norwich sacked Alex Neil in March, with Alan Irvine appointed interim manager.

Asked on Wednesday, if he had had any contact with the Canaries, formal or informal, O'Neill replied: "No."

"Nothing at all. There has been no contact between myself and Norwich City," O'Neill told BBC Sport Northern Ireland.

"Any approach would have to be made through the Irish FA and it is my understanding that has not happened."

O'Neill added that the story "is just something which has obviously come from the media in England".

"Realistically, it's probably not what I would be looking for at this moment time in time.

"I think the club are probably in the market for a head coach. I'm a manager. I've managed my country for the last five years and I intend to manage my country going forward."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39794920

Grubar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:39pm

Thank you God...Clap

Northern Ireland manager Michael O'Neill has insisted that he has had "no contact" with Norwich City over the Canaries position.

On Tuesday, BBC Radio Norfolk reported that the Championship club had talked to O'Neill but he distanced himself from the role on Wednesday.

Norwich sacked Alex Neil in March, with Alan Irvine appointed interim manager.

Asked on Wednesday, if he had had any contact with the Canaries, formal or informal, O'Neill replied: "No."

"Nothing at all. There has been no contact between myself and Norwich City," O'Neill told BBC Sport Northern Ireland.

"Any approach would have to be made through the Irish FA and it is my understanding that has not happened."

O'Neill added that the story "is just something which has obviously come from the media in England".

"Realistically, it's probably not what I would be looking for at this moment time in time.

"I
think the club are probably in the market for a head coach. I'm a
manager. I've managed my country fothr the last five years and I intend to
manage my country going forward."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39794920

I wouldn't trust that boy.First chance,I think he'd be away.If he's prepared to manage the Turkeys ,he'd slide off from them,too...to the Canaries
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:10pm
LOL

Turkeys? 

Never heard that one Hans
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:44pm
I think this will be his last campaign regardless of how it ends. Needs to strike while his profile and stock is high....as for a replacement, you'd think the recent success of that team would make it a note attractive job. Wouldn't rule out an outside candidate.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 5:39pm
Noticed some Nordies flag at Man U match last night with the red hand of Ulster the crown and United against Terrorism lest we forget they've obviously forgotten about the UDF/UDA.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Noticed some Nordies flag at Man U match last night with the red hand of Ulster the crown and United against Terrorism lest we forget they've obviously forgotten about the UDF/UDA.

Am I missing something here?  Was there any indication that these guys support Loyalist Terrorism.  

Surely most people are totally opposed to all terrorism be it Islamist, Republican or Loyalist.  
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 4:24pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Regarding the Azerbaijan away game how many supporters Territorial do you reckon the N.I. will bring out there? 5/600?
It'll be less than that for Azer in June - maybe half? (Difficult/expensive to get to and need a Visa too)

Also, we played out there both in 2004 and 2013, so the novelty has worn off for the more hard core travelling fans.
Latest word is that the IFA has received applications for 390 tickets for Baku, so with a few last-minuters and waifs and strays picked up along the way etc, we'll top 400.

I'd imagine there'd be a a lot more over (1k maybe) for San Marino in September and make a week of it.
a lot of fans are saving their money/holiday allowance for San Marino on Friday 1st September, so I'm sure that will be well into four figures.
There's now a lot of interest in San Marino, from people combining the game with a family holiday in Rimini/Italy at the tail end of the summer.

It will be well into four figures, and I wouldn't be completely surprised if we took 5k.

I'm guessing here, but I think it will be like Euro2016, where a lot of NI fans went with family and friends. And speaking to some of those "additionals", many of whom had never been to an NI game in their life, they seemed to enjoy the whole experience.

(There are also a number of regular home fans who, for one reason or another, can only do one, maybe two, away trips per campaign. In the circumstances, my guess is that San Marino will be the one this time around.)

Edited by Territorial - 31 May 2017 at 5:30pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 4:01pm
I think it'll be a draw today which'll a great result for N.I. unless the Czechs beat Norway which I would seriously doubt.

N.I. will sit back and keep it tight.

Have a feeling they'll be home and hosed for 2nd place after today as it would require the Czechs to beat them away and for Norway to beat them in the last game.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 7:09pm
Second place in the bag. Even if the Czechs do win they'll need to win in Belfast anyway.

Have to give them credit and they may be a bit more defensive than us but you can't argue with results.

I'm sickened all the same
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 7:12pm

Second place in the bag. Even if the Czechs do win they'll need to win in Belfast anyway.

Have to give them credit and they may be a bit more defensive than us but you can't argue with results.

It was definitely karma buddy!! LOL

All joking aside, what a job O'Neill has done! Just goes to show what a well drilled and organized team can achieve. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

It was definitely karma buddy!! LOL

All joking aside, what a job O'Neill has done! Just goes to show what a well drilled and organized team can achieve. 

Thankfully they'll get France in the playoffs
lexie_2005 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexie_2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 8:32pm
Hopefully France....Wee buns!!!!!
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 8:52pm
They have to go to Norway for their last game in October which could be tough. Czech Republic in Windsor park will be a massive game. Hope they lose both of course. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

They have to go to Norway for their last game in October which could be tough. Czech Republic in Windsor park will be a massive game. Hope they lose both of course. 
Norway are awful, I am watching them here against a very average Czech team and they should be 3 or 4 down. Lagerback has a massive job on his hands, I would fancy the North to get a win there.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 8:59pm
As I say that Norway get a penalty, big moment for the Nordies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 369>
  Share Topic