You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 369>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

He has said in interviews that he didn't want to be Gary Lineker, and that his idea was to make MOTD2 as different as possible to 1. He has also hinted that his leaving was kind of a mutual thing as they were changing 2 to make it more like 1, which he didn't agree with. I think this is bull on his part and he would really like to have stayed with the programme.

I also like Colin Murray on the radio. Also, for a guy from a protestant housing estate he has a very all Ireland supporting attitude on fighting talk or any of his other programmes.

I didn't like him on MOTD, and he was terrible when he did the Super Bowl a few years ago. I've never heard him on the radio.
But I think he is quite good and suited to the snooker on Eurosport.

Was just watching him on it. That's some head of hair Jimmy White is sporting. LOL
Sponsored Links

peterbelfast View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:42pm
http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crime/christine-frampton-turns-tables-on-uvf-troll-1-7923752

disgusting death threats sent to christine frampton, no doubt due to carl wearing an antrim gaa top.

Edited by peterbelfast - 20 Apr 2017 at 11:43pm
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:41am
Originally posted by peterbelfast peterbelfast wrote:

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crime/christine-frampton-turns-tables-on-uvf-troll-1-7923752

disgusting death threats sent to christine frampton, no doubt due to carl wearing an antrim gaa top.

Fair play to her. Boxing has always been above the sort of sh*t that has gone on up north over the years. Carl is a fantastic representative for the whole island and i always want him to win when he fights as much as if he were from Dublin
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Fair play to her.  Carl is a fantastic representative for the whole island and i always want him to win when he fights as much as if he were from Dublin
Agree with your comments about Christine and Carl - a real credit, the pair of them.

Boxing has always been above the sort of sh*t that has gone on up north over the years.
Sadly, I think you should substitute "usually" for "always".

From 2012:

A mainly Protestant boxing club in Belfast has claimed it has been subjected to a decade of "chronic sectarianism" in nationalist areas.

The Sandy Row club has compiled a 57-page report outlining verbal and physical assaults.

The Department of Culture Arts and Leisure said it was aware of the complaints.

But a boxing club in a Catholic area of the city said it had not experienced bigotry.

The PSNI said they had a report of boxers from the Sandy Row club in a tournament in 2010 being subjected to verbal sectarian abuse.

They said the incident at North Queen Street in February of that year was being treated as a hate crime.

The assaults, allegedly from followers of the sport, not participants, took place while Sandy Row boxers were fighting in places like west Belfast in the ten years to 2010.

Club secretary Ian McSorley said: "When the young people from Sandy Row went along to boxing championships they suffered different forms of abuse, either physical or mental".

The first incident is said to have been in 2000 when the Sandy Row club was stoned leaving the County Antrim championships in Twinbrook."It's a very frightening experience, for anybody to take up boxing, get in the boxing ring... never mind getting abuse or stoned," said Mr McSorley.

He said in February 2010, a Chinese boxer, who was 15, had a bottle thrown at him and he was called an "Orange chink".

The teenager is reported to have said: "I was really scared and I thought we weren't getting out of there. It's put me off boxing". http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19328670

And the subsequent independent inquiry in December 2013 found there was substance to the complaints:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/25316911

Edited by Territorial - 21 Apr 2017 at 3:39pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Fair play to her.  Carl is a fantastic representative for the whole island and i always want him to win when he fights as much as if he were from Dublin
Agree with your comments about Christine and Carl - a real credit, the pair of them.

Boxing has always been above the sort of sh*t that has gone on up north over the years.
Sadly, I think you should substitute "usually" for "always".

<p ="story-__introduction"="">From 2012:

<p ="story-__introduction"="">A mainly Protestant boxing club in
Belfast has claimed it has been subjected to a decade of "chronic
sectarianism" in nationalist areas.

The Sandy Row club has compiled a 57-page report outlining verbal and physical assaults.

The Department of Culture Arts and Leisure said it was aware of the complaints.

But a boxing club in a Catholic area of the city said it had not experienced bigotry.

The
PSNI said they had a report of boxers from the Sandy Row club in a
tournament in 2010 being subjected to verbal sectarian abuse.

They said the incident at North Queen Street in February of that year was being treated as a hate crime.

The assaults, allegedly from followers of the sport, not
participants, took place while Sandy Row boxers were fighting in places
like west Belfast in the ten years to 2010.

Club secretary Ian
McSorley said: "When the young people from Sandy Row went along to
boxing championships they suffered different forms of abuse, either
physical or mental".

The first incident is said to have been in
2000 when the Sandy Row club was stoned leaving the County Antrim
championships in Twinbrook."It's a very frightening experience,
for anybody to take up boxing, get in the boxing ring... never mind
getting abuse or stoned," said Mr McSorley.

He said in February 2010, a Chinese boxer, who was 15, had a bottle thrown at him and he was called an "Orange chink".

The
teenager is reported to have said: "I was really scared and I thought
we weren't getting out of there. It's put me off boxing". http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19328670

And the subsequent independent inquiry in December 2013 found there was substance to the complaints:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/25316911

What is the point of your post,i posted about death threats from some little bellend, and u go off on one about prostestant boxing clubs being victims of sectarianism. Sectarianism and racism shows its ugly coupon in most sports unfortunately
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 4:50pm

What is the point of your post, i posted about death threats from some little bellend, and u go off on one about prostestant boxing clubs being victims of sectarianism. Sectarianism and racism shows its ugly coupon in most sports unfortunately
You posted about a disgraceful episode concerning a threat towards Carl Frampton, which I acknowledged/agreed with.

OTOR then made the following comment: "Boxing has always been above the sort of sh*t that has gone on up north over the years".

To which my point was that he's not entirely correct.

It's how discussion boards work.

Now what was your point in having a pop at me/my post?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 5:03pm

What is the point of your post, i posted about death threats from some little bellend, and u go off on one about prostestant boxing clubs being victims of sectarianism. Sectarianism and racism shows its ugly coupon in most sports unfortunately
You posted about a disgraceful episode concerning a threat towards Carl Frampton, which I acknowledged/agreed with.

OTOR then made the following comment: "Boxing has always been above the sort of sh*t that has gone on up north over the years".

5% of your post was about the death threats, and the other 95% smelt of the usual whataboutery. Felt it was unneccessary, maybe it was the death threats that triggered the defence mechanism in you.

Regarding carl, think his support has really crossed the divide. He and his family are a credit to belfast
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 5:32pm

5% of your post was about the death threats, and the other 95% smelt of the usual whataboutery. Felt it was unneccessary, maybe it was the death threats that triggered the defence mechanism in you.

Regarding carl, think his support has really crossed the divide. He and his family are a credit to belfast
This is the Rest of the World section, subtitled: "All football chat from around the globe".

Quite out-of-the-blue, you happily introduced a story about a sectarian threat made by a Prod bigot against a boxer (note, not a footballer).

Not bothered by the fact it was in the wrong section, I indicated my agreement with your post ("a real credit etc").

Then 'OTOR' made a statement of fact (no sectarianism in Ulster boxing), which I corrected/qualified.

At which point you jump on it.

Could it be that you're only too keen to point out Prod bigotry, but not so keen to hear of the RC equivalent?

Now that would be (Norn) Ironic...Ermm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 5:46pm

This is the Rest of the World section, subtitled: "All football chat from around the globe".

Quite out-of-the-blue, you happily introduced a story about a sectarian threat made by a Prod bigot against a boxer (note, not a footballer).

Not bothered by the fact it was in the wrong section, I indicated my agreement with your post ("a real credit etc").

Then 'OTOR' made a statement of fact (no sectarianism in Ulster boxing), which I corrected/qualified.

At which point you jump on it.

Could it be that you're only too keen to point out Prod bigotry, but not so keen to hear of the RC equivalent?

Now that would be (Norn) Ironic...Ermm

When i posted the link, i genuinely was sickened by it. Nothing more,nothing less. Your good self however used your post to say,yes thats bad but look you guys are bad too. Look i have even went to the trouble of googling some info to suit my narrative.

I just felt there was no need for it, whats wrong with just saying. Yip that guy is a c4nt.I genuinely wasn't trying to use the link as a metaphorcal boxing glove.Felt your whataboutery clouded the point
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 5:56pm

When i posted the link, i genuinely was sickened by it. Nothing more,nothing less. Your good self however used your post to say,yes thats bad but look you guys are bad too. Look i have even went to the trouble of googling some info to suit my narrative.

I just felt there was no need for it, whats wrong with just saying. Yip that guy is a c4nt.I genuinely wasn't trying to use the link as a metaphorcal boxing glove.Felt your whataboutery clouded the point
I thought it was clear that I, too, felt the threat against CF was sickening etc.

And I would happily have left it there, had not OTOR then repeated a common misconception about NI boxing generally - "Boxing has always been above the sort of sh*t that has gone on up north over the years".

I merely went on to comment on that - as I said, it's how these boards work.

But if I'm wrong, tell me what was incorrect/offensive/partisan/contentious etc about anything I actually posted*.

* - Rather than some imagined motive of mine which you are seeking to attach to me.

Edited by Territorial - 21 Apr 2017 at 5:57pm
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 6:02pm

I thought it was clear that I, too, felt the threat against CF was sickening etc.

And I would happily have left it there, had not OTOR then repeated a common misconception about NI boxing generally - "Boxing has always been above the sort of sh*t that has gone on up north over the years".

I merely went on to comment on that - as I said, it's how these boards work.

But if I'm wrong, tell me what was incorrect/offensive/partisan/contentious etc about anything I actually posted*.

* - Rather than some imagined motive of mine which you are seeking to attach to me.

I didn't know that anyway....every day is a school day!
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 7:06pm
Regarding the Azerbaijan away game how many supporters Territorial do you reckon the N.I. will bring out there? 5/600? I'd imagine there'd be a a lot more over (1k maybe) for San Marino in September and make a week of it.

I assume it's awkward enough to get to like Georgia for us.

Have you gone to any of the previous aways there? I think Floreat was saying he did before.

Edited by irishmufc - 21 Apr 2017 at 7:07pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Regarding the Azerbaijan away game how many supporters Territorial do you reckon the N.I. will bring out there? 5/600? I'd imagine there'd be a a lot more over (1k maybe) for San Marino in September and make a week of it.

I assume it's awkward enough to get to like Georgia for us.

Have you gone to any of the previous aways there? I think Floreat was saying he did before.
It'll be less than that for Azer in June - maybe half? (Difficult/expensive to get to and need a Visa too)

Also, we played out there both in 2004 and 2013, so the novelty has worn off for the more hard core travelling fans.

On top of which, a lot of fans are saving their money/holiday allowance for San Marino on Friday 1st September, so I'm sure that will be well into four figures. (Though that's not helped by our playing Czech Rep. in Belfast four days later on Mon.4th, so with the school hols and all, flights from Italy back to Belfast/Dublin will be heavily booked over the weekend.)

As for myself, I'm up for all three - have already booked for Baku, my first time out there.

And thanks for the reminder - I must sort out my other flights too!

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 7:47pm
You need a visa for Azerbaijan? Didn't know that. Just looking at it here on the map and it doesn't even look like there'd be a neighbouring country you could get a relatively cheap flight to and then go from there. There's better connections through Turkey/Latvia for Georgia.

Have always wanted us to draw Azerbaijan as I don't think we've met in either friendlies or competitive games.

N.I. can even afford to draw out there though I doubt you'd take that now and it still boils down to the Czechs having to win in Belfast.

Do you think Michael O'Neill will leave after this campaign/world cup finals irrespective of qualification?
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:38pm
Get a room you two
Chips don't bounce
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Get a room you two

Change the record Drog. Territorial is in no doubt as to what my view is on his football team. It seems to irk a few posters on here if I engage with the N.I. fans.

Rim me

Edited by irishmufc - 21 Apr 2017 at 9:08pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Get a room you two

Change the record Drog. Territorial is in no doubt as to what my view is on his football team. It seems to irk a few posters on here if I engage with the N.I. fans.

Rim me
youre very certainly doing the one doing the rimming here muffster, any further up his arse and youll be waving to us from his nostrils ffs
Grubar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:17pm

Is the UVF somme sort of boxing board like the IBF?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 369>
  Share Topic