Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 369>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:24am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:39am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Weeblywee Weeblywee wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by George Zip George Zip wrote:

Should be a tasty atmosphere at the game in November.

will there be a fans match?

that could get tasty or will it be behind doors with Linfield and their fav dublin buddies............

Hope there is.

Wasn't around for the game in Dublin but the N.I. fans team were bang on up in Belfast and had food ready for us after. Great day out.

Only £2.30 for a pint in Dundela's clubhouse after the game as well.

I stuck to the cans they had given us! Twas a great day! [/]

Felt safer in that East Belfast clubhouse than I did in The Bottom of the Hill afterwards
i stuck to the cans they gave us
ye took their soup

He also threw a couple of euro into some loyalusts bawnds collection bucket
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:30pm
Is Terri alright ? Gone very quiet since Dave took him to the cleaners
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

With Spurs losing to Juventus it hasn't been the best of weeks for Terri.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

With Spurs losing to Juventus it hasn't been the best of weeks for Terri.

In fairness ya couldn't blame him for not posting here. What SD did to him was beyond mortifying
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 6:27pm
Being stitched up after having a fresh one torn LOL
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Originally posted by Weeblywee Weeblywee wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by George Zip George Zip wrote:

Should be a tasty atmosphere at the game in November.

will there be a fans match?

that could get tasty or will it be behind doors with Linfield and their fav dublin buddies............

Hope there is.

Wasn't around for the game in Dublin but the N.I. fans team were bang on up in Belfast and had food ready for us after. Great day out.

Only £2.30 for a pint in Dundela's clubhouse after the game as well.

I stuck to the cans they had given us! Twas a great day! [/]

Felt safer in that East Belfast clubhouse than I did in The Bottom of the Hill afterwards
i stuck to the cans they gave us
ye took their soup

He also threw a couple of euro into some loyalusts bawnds collection bucket

LOLLOLLOL

Forgot about that one LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 2:01pm
https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/i-did-not-attack-the-fai-michael-oneill-releases-lengthy-statement-on-eligibility-row-36695203.html
"I did not attack the FAI" declares O'Neill at the start of his statement, before going on to criticise how they do things on several fronts.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 2:05pm

Got at the drinks cabinet again it seems
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 2:22pm

Got at the drinks cabinet again it seems

LOL

He ended the statement by shouting - I made the IFA - before jumping out the window.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 2:26pm

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 3:53pm
It's hard not to feel Michael O'Neill is going about this the wrong way. The reality is, eligibility is more complex in this case, given this history on the island, and the partitioning nature of Association Football (almost unique in Irish sports (if not unique). Players will feel an attachment and will make a decision based on that attachment. Age may influence the decision, but not significantly. It is also hard to fully quantify the number of players who will chose the South over the North based on representations made by the relevant association, as opposed to any sense of nationalism, or personal preference. There is also no evidence of poaching based on demography, and is a comment which was always likely to backfire on O'Neill. After all, Ireland have had players like Alan Kernaghan play for us, in spite of O'Neill's comments. However, given the political situation, politics has to influence eligibility, or else you commence making exceptions which hit at the heart of the important work which has taken so long to achieve. If born in the North you are entitled to an Irish passport, and are therefore entitled to choose.

Michael O'Neill would have been much better approaching this in a diplomatic fashio, and seek out an accord between the IFA and the FAI about the acquisition of players below a certain age when born in Northern Ireland. His recent statements will make that nearly impossible, and will necessitate seeking regulatory intervention, which is unlikely to fall on his side.
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 4:18pm
Fair points H. Michael's judgement has been poor. We (IFA, NI fans, media etc) need to accept the reality that the FAI can pick these guys within the rules. Little to be gained by gurning about it. The references to Catholics are silly as well as likely to offend- we all know Marty would pick a team from the Shankill plus Kevin Kraftwerk and Phelan O'Dutchman if they were good enough and available...

The problem's insoluble (not least as a majority of our fans think you're running some sort of press gang and a majority of yours think our team shouldn't exist). Best we can hope for is detente? 

Eligibility is complex as you say but actually so is the effect of partition. Many of NI's top performers recently represented not (only) all-Ireland teams but NI (eg at the Commonwealth Games), themselves (eg golf), Britain (eg rowing, table tennis, skiing) or even England (eg hockey, cricket). In some ways the anomaly is rugby union (where the AI set is both competitive at World level and able to employ all the elite players) 

Edited by Floreat Ultonia - 12 Mar 2018 at 4:19pm
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 2:40pm
'Stute talks with DC&SDC to share with Candystripes at The Randy

"INSTITUTE F.C. is involved in ongoing negotiations with Derry City & Strabane District Council in relation to the possibility of playing its home matches at Brandywell Stadium, should ‘Stute secure promotion to the Irish Premiership next season. "

Institute are switching venues after their low-lying Riverside Stadium got flooded.  They received €160,000 from UEFA Natural Disasters Appeal Fund.

Personally I would like to see a diversity of Home Grounds for Institute, The Brandywell, The Oval, Wilton Park and Limavady Showgrounds.  The very diversity will be devalued by some Football Fans but flexibility and tolerance brings longevity for the history of an FC.
Institute should be able to use The Brandywell regardless of the Division they play in.

I'd also be curious about the Match-day Arrangements for Irish League Institute FC games at The Brandywell.

November 2017 article Derry Journal (more possible venues mentioned).

www.ucdsupporters.ie
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:17pm
I hear Institute may lose their ground alas?

Aye- Faughan flooding!

OK- but is there any need for the swearing?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:23pm

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

I hear Institute may lose their ground alas?

Aye- Faughan flooding!

OK- but is there any need for the swearing?

In context, yes.
Especially as the specifics increases the diversity of rivers in the area and not the homogeneous, presumed Foyleside.

The YMCA will still be landlords, the November 2017 article mentions the lease between YMCA and Institute.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 369>
  Share Topic