You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 369>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He was joking with your SHH.

I wasn't

I've zero sympathy for any Irish players that represent N.I. at any level and then moan that they're not to their liking.

If you were 14/15 and trying to become a professional footballer would you not do everything that could help you? Irish lads playing under age for NI then moving to us are doing nothing wrong.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Padraig Padraig wrote:

I wasn't

I've zero sympathy for any Irish players that represent N.I. at any level and then moan that they're not to their liking.

If you were 14/15 and trying to become a professional footballer would you not do everything that could help you? Irish lads playing under age for NI then moving to us are doing nothing wrong.

To answer your initial question then yes of course I would if I was being professional but going onto the morality of it is a bit daft.

I take issue with the fact Irish lads are happy to participate in the N.I. setup and then moan about them not being accomodating enough to their needs when they're potentially using N.I. as a stepping stone into our team's set up.

Padraig, I couldn't imagine you having the same liberal attitude if the roles were reversed tbh.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 8:19pm
And who said that there are no feeder teams in international football we should be looking at played in the US Canada Oz in years to come
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

And who said that there are no feeder teams in international football we should be looking at played in the US Canada Oz in years to come

Huh?

Who's actually arguing with you about feeder teams?    
Padraig View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 9:55pm

I wasn't

To answer your initial question then yes of course I would if I was being professional but going onto the morality of it is a bit daft.

I take issue with the fact Irish lads are happy to participate in the N.I. setup and then moan about them not being accomodating enough to their needs when they're potentially using N.I. as a stepping stone into our team's set up.

Padraig, I couldn't imagine you having the same liberal attitude if the roles were reversed tbh.

You're the one that brought up 'principles' when you had a go at SHH!

Young players want to play at the highest level, if they are not being scouted or getting called up by our teams then they have every right to play for the north.  It's not as if they know when they play for them at U16/18 that they are eventually going to play for our senior team.

Edited by Padraig - 19 Mar 2017 at 9:58pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:14am

I wasn't

Young players want to play at the highest level, if they are not being scouted or getting called up by our teams then they have every right to play for the north.  It's not as if they know when they play for them at U16/18 that they are eventually going to play for our senior team.

They can play for the north all they want but then they're complaining that the IFA aren't inclusive enough towards them. If you feel that way play for the ROI who are more representative. If you feel the IFA are the only chance of getting international football well then you just have to accept all that goes with it. There are choices here.

And it's hard to blame the north being angry about players using their underage set up to then declare for ROI. We'd be the first ones up in arms if the roles were reversed.

Edited by irishmufc - 20 Mar 2017 at 10:16am
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 1:52pm

I wasn't

They can play for the north all they want but then they're complaining that the IFA aren't inclusive enough towards them. If you feel that way play for the ROI who are more representative. If you feel the IFA are the only chance of getting international football well then you just have to accept all that goes with it. There are choices here.

And it's hard to blame the north being angry about players using their underage set up to then declare for ROI. We'd be the first ones up in arms if the roles were reversed.
Thank you, Irishmufc.

When I make that point, I get the "bitter bigot" treatment from the Usual Suspects, but they can't use those tactics with you. (Though a few more such posts and you'll qualify for your "West Brit Medal"! LOL).

Meanwhile, it's not just a point of principle.

As I said earlier, FAI coaches are making all sorts of promises and inducements to young NI kids and their parents to get them to switch.

But at the same time, they know that as a matter of simple numbers, any given player has much less of a chance of making it with ROI than with NI, but will still be excluded from reverting to NI, since only one switch is permitted.

And what makes this worse is that they don't need to do anything to attract the more Nationalist-minded kids, since they'll likely be making the first approach to the FAI anyhow. Instead, it's kids who don't have any particular political leanings, or who might even have veered towards NI anyway, who get taken advantage of.

And do the FAI give a f**k?

Do they bollox!

Edited by Territorial - 20 Mar 2017 at 1:52pm
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I wasn't

Thank you, Irishmufc.

When I make that point, I get the "bitter bigot" treatment from the Usual Suspects, but they can't use those tactics with you. (Though a few more such posts and you'll qualify for your "West Brit Medal"! LOL).

As I said earlier, FAI coaches are making all sorts of promises and inducements to young NI kids and their parents to get them to switch.

But at the same time, they know that as a matter of simple numbers, any given player has much less of a chance of making it with ROI than with NI, but will still be excluded from reverting to NI, since only one switch is permitted.

And what makes this worse is that they don't need to do anything to attract the more Nationalist-minded kids, since they'll likely be making the first approach to the FAI anyhow. Instead, it's kids who don't have any particular political leanings, or who might even have veered towards NI anyway, who get taken advantage of.

Do they bollox!

And long may it continue. 44%.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

And long may it continue. 44%.
"FAIL"

(The Pass Mark is 50% +1)

Edited by Territorial - 20 Mar 2017 at 2:18pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I wasn't

Thank you, Irishmufc.

Do they bollox!

you are veering in tinfoil hat territory , Territory
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 7:48pm
Fairplay a minutes silence at the Crusaders v Ballinamallard for Ryan McBride live on sky now.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Fairplay a minutes silence at the Crusaders v Ballinamallard for Ryan McBride live on sky now.
There is usually 90 minutes silence in the Irish League!
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 11:19am

I wasn't

Grealish left us. Quickly forgotten in my book anyway.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 10:17pm
Would O'Neill leave in the Summer for someone like a Leicester ? that win tonight puts them in a great playoff position (how they're doing it with that dogsh*t group of players in a mystery) .....but would he go with just a couple games to go.....a job like Leicester won't come around often to him
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Would O'Neill leave in the Summer for someone like a Leicester ? that win tonight puts them in a great playoff position (how they're doing it with that dogsh*t group of players in a mystery) .....but would he go with just a couple games to go.....a job like Leicester won't come around often to him

He'd stay i think, and Leicester might stick with Shakespeare anyway. By the time they get around to November, if he hasn't qualified them, that's when the sackings usually start in England anyway.

They're very solid at the back and decisive on the break. With the players they have playing for them, what they're doing is mightily impressive. If we were to be in a playoff come November I'd still think they'd be one of the most desirable opponents
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 10:38pm

To answer your question about them sitting in a play-off spot with that group of players...the qualifying group group is also dogsh*t!

Remember, the Czechs are a shadow of the side they had a decade ago ie no players like Nedved, Rosicky, Baros etc and Norway have recently sacked their manager while the fact that NI were able to thrash Azerbaijan 4-0 tells you all you need to know about them.

For the 2nd campaign in a row, NI have been lucky enough to be drawn in a group full of equally ordinary sides. Would have been interesting to see how they would have got in, say, group A...

Edited by ConorMac77 - 26 Mar 2017 at 10:45pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

To answer your question about them sitting in a play-off spot with that group of players...the qualifying group group is also dogsh*t!

Remember, the Czechs are a shadow of the side they had a decade ago ie no players like Nedved, Rosicky, Baros etc and Norway have recently sacked their manager while the fact that NI were able to thrash Azerbaijan 4-0 tells you all you need to know about them.

For the 2nd campaign in a row, NI have been lucky enough to be drawn in a group full of equally ordinary sides. Would have been interesting to see how they would have got in, say, group A...
I think you are doing them a disservice there, they are consistently beating teams around them and below them and any team that shows weakness gets beaten at Windsor. I was only flicking in and out of their game but they knew Norway are vulnerable at the moment and went out and attacked and got the early goal. Now admittedly Norway are no great shakes but the reality is there are very really few good teams in European qualifying; the only other group that I think the North would have had no hope of a playoff from is Group G.
As for their MON leaving them I would very much doubt it would be to a club like Leicester. They are foreign owned and nouveau riche with a brand to be built on the back of last year's title, MON doesn't suit their image. They will want somebody more marketable and with a media profile like Mancini, even though MON would probably be a better fit there. 
I also don't think he will go, no matter what he achieves with them over the rest of the campaign he will have overachieved, he can only enhance his reputation. I think if he wants to manage in the EPL he might have to take a team up. I also wouldn't be surprised if slighly 'bigger' international teams wouldn't like to have him, Scotland were already linked. I think any nation that can afford a few bob and is underachieving would like him.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 12:19am
The North play to their strengths, O'Neill is a very intelligent manager clearly.

They're strong in defence arguably better then us with their defensive partnership, pack it with Cathcart it's nearly impossible to break down and hope to catch you from a set piece or counter attack, the addition of Washington plays to that strength in particular.

In saying that, they'd still be one of the sides if were second I'd prefer us to get. Okay, it would be nasty affair on and off the pitch in sections but it would be better then a lot of other teams.

They just can't grow on me, seeing Israel flags this evening in the stadium for example. Shear number of Union Jacks. Large sections of their support just haven't moved on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 369>
  Share Topic