FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 358359360361362 369>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 11:40am
No matter what changes the majority of nationaists will never seen any identity or affinity with northern ireland football. The anthem, flag etc are not ours nor never will be. Years of their fans blasting out the billy boys, sash, the old RUC band at the ground etc have alienated nearly all nationalists from the games.

My dad grew up supporting them and went to Belfast to see the team when George Best was playing and it was all about the football. I asked him why he stopped going and he said to me that the support changed and it became a loyalist thing. Catholics were too scared to go near the ground.

Im happy to support Ireland with my own anthem and flag and let the nordies tear away with their own team. I dont hate them i just dont care about them nor have any interest in what they do. Most people here should just do the same.
put em under pressure!
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

What good has the statelet of Northern Ireland brought apart from the turmoil of the civil war

Whatever you think of NI, blaming it because the effective winners of the Civil War fell out with each other is a bit odd. It's like saying NI fans are responsible for bored Romanian Ultras attacking each other at Windsor on Saturday.

Quote The problem with our Irish Unionist chums is they'll always be prepared condemn murderous acts committed by the IRA without trying to address the root causes behind them

I understand the "root causes" quite well thanks, not least as a result of being intimidated out of home, school etc. by paramilitarism in the 70s.

But you're not really interested in discussing that, preferring to daydream about a time machine taking you back to 1921 or 1169 to change the course of history ;)

Quote Northern Ireland as a British statelet should be consigned to the history book. Sadly it won't be in our lifetime and we've to live with partition

It suits the majority in the South as you know perfectly well. Get over it.

Why do you think there was a civil war in this country if not for the creation of Northern Ireland?

I've no problem criticising the IRA or any other paramilitary who intimidate,maim or kill innocent people. Even taking the morality out of it, it's counterproductive and only polarises people on both sides even more which further pushes away the chances of reconciliation and unity.

The cause for Irish unity is completely legitimate and logical. It has to be done through the political process off course.

I unfortunately agree with you over this partitionist mindset down here.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 10:18am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

What good has the statelet of Northern Ireland brought apart from the turmoil of the civil war

Whatever you think of NI, blaming it because the effective winners of the Civil War fell out with each other is a bit odd. It's like saying NI fans are responsible for bored Romanian Ultras attacking each other at Windsor on Saturday.

Quote The problem with our Irish Unionist chums is they'll always be prepared condemn murderous acts committed by the IRA without trying to address the root causes behind them

I understand the "root causes" quite well thanks, not least as a result of being intimidated out of home, school etc. by paramilitarism in the 70s.

But you're not really interested in discussing that, preferring to daydream about a time machine taking you back to 1921 or 1169 to change the course of history ;)

Quote Northern Ireland as a British statelet should be consigned to the history book. Sadly it won't be in our lifetime and we've to live with partition

It suits the majority in the South as you know perfectly well. Get over it.
GAWA-1 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAWA-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 9:57am
irishmufc - You are aware that what is now known as the NI team is actually the original and real Irish football association that dates back some 135 years? Only in very recent history has it even been called Northern Ireland, I still call us Ireland.

You are aware it was your team that divided football on the Island? Your post (and most on here) seem to suggest it`s the other way round.

For my part if the break away FAI wanted to contact the real Irish FA with overtures to disband and re-unite the team I would be all for it. It`s sad they ever felt the need to leave. With the break away team now falling behind the original Ireland team in terms of ability it certainly makes sense. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 7:32am
My take on the whole Northern Ireland football team. It's nothing personal against the fans, players and the manager.

I wouldn't support any Irishman that wants to play for a supplanted British statelet on this Island. What good has the statelet of Northern Ireland brought apart from the turmoil of the civil war and the later troubles. Thousands of people killed.

The problem with our Irish Unionist chums is they'll always be prepared condemn murderous acts committed by the IRA without trying to address the root causes behind them.

Northern Ireland as a British statelet should be consigned to the history book. Sadly it won't be in our lifetime and we've to live with partition.

Edited by irishmufc - 16 Jun 2015 at 7:45am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

SB you harp on about Neil Lennon, any thick **** with 20p could of made that call and god know there are enough on the loyalist side, no code word was used AFAIR

Lennon by all accounts is quite compleimntry about NI fans in his book -as has been poted here

It is dishonest not to acknowledge the strides that they have made in trying to eliminate their sizeable sectarian element
Thank you, NR.

And for the benefit of SB and a few others, here are some facts on the matter.

1. In the match where NL was booed, it was by a distinct group of around 200(?) on the Kop who, I'm told, were not regulars. (It is thought they were Rangers fans who had made a particular effort to attend that game). And a couple of hundred determined meatheads can make quite a racket in a crowd of a few thousand.

2. For the next NI match, the boo boys were nowhere to be seen; meanwhile, the fans who were there cheered NL's every touch.

3. NL went on to play another 4 or 5 NI games, including at WP, without any problem - it was only when some anonymous sh*thead with a 20p piece phoned in a threat to a newspaper that he decided it wasn't worth the candle and retired (no NI fan blamed him, btw).

4. When in 2007, the IFA were holding a "Football For All" Awards Night, NL was unable to attend, but instead sent a video message which included the following:
"Fans..... have made the atmosphere at Northern Ireland football games in recent years the envy of Fans across not only Europe but World Football. From a personal point of view I would like to thank them for their efforts.”

5. This whole episode was 13 years ago. A hell of a lot has changed since then, even if the likes of SByrne and Madferret are still living in the last century...

P.S. Are you sure you don't want to return to the fold, NewryRep? Go on, you know you want to...

Return ?????????

I would like to say I wish you all the best territorial but if i am honest I hope youse get stuffed   
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 11:20pm

SB you harp on about Neil Lennon, any thick **** with 20p could of made that call and god know there are enough on the loyalist side, no code word was used AFAIR

Lennon by all accounts is quite compleimntry about NI fans in his book -as has been poted here

It is dishonest not to acknowledge the strides that they have made in trying to eliminate their sizeable sectarian element
Thank you, NR.

1. In the match where NL was booed, it was by a distinct group of around 200(?) on the Kop who, I'm told, were not regulars. (It is thought they were Rangers fans who had made a particular effort to attend that game). And a couple of hundred determined meatheads can make quite a racket in a crowd of a few thousand.

2. For the next NI match, the boo boys were nowhere to be seen; meanwhile, the fans who were there cheered NL's every touch.

3. NL went on to play another 4 or 5 NI games, including at WP, without any problem - it was only when some anonymous sh*thead with a 20p piece phoned in a threat to a newspaper that he decided it wasn't worth the candle and retired (no NI fan blamed him, btw).

4. When in 2007, the IFA were holding a "Football For All" Awards Night, NL was unable to attend, but instead sent a video message which included the following:
"Fans..... have made the atmosphere at Northern Ireland football games in recent years the envy of Fans across not only Europe but World Football. From a personal point of view I would like to thank them for their efforts.”

5. This whole episode was 13 years ago. A hell of a lot has changed since then, even if the likes of SByrne and Madferret are still living in the last century...

P.S. Are you sure you don't want to return to the fold, NewryRep? Go on, you know you want to...

Trying to take the high moral ground LOL, haul on i bring you back to reality here.

AND THE RAF FROM ULAIDH SHOT THEM DOWN.

Edited by SByrne24 - 15 Jun 2015 at 11:22pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 11:15pm

Thank you, NR.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Had a look at those links, yous' all need to look at a f**king map. Donegal, Monaghan and Cavan are in the Republic of Ireland.
I know.

But so are Antrim, Armagh, Down, Londonderry, Tyrone and Fermanagh, where the GAWA come from.

Or are you saying we're not all "Ulster Boys" too?

Anyhow, "We're the Northern Ireland Boys making all the noise" hardly scans, does it?

Still, if that's the worst complaint to be made, it makes the earlier comment about Windsor being a "Sash Bash in the sewer" [sic] ever more desperate...

Dead Derry - Doire 

Correct, An Dun Ard Mhacha, DOIRE, Tir Eoghain, Fear Manach and Aontroim are situated in the province of Ulster on the Island of Ireland regarded as 'Northern Ireland' but An Cabhan, Muineachan and Dun na nGall.. are not. Therefore your new 'inclusive LOL' chant isn't politically nor <span style="line-height: 1.4;">geographically correct. </span>

Could you imagine Mexicans chanting random States from the United States of America? ...Let's randomly chant Hawaii, Texas and California in Mexico City? why? Because it sounds better. 

There's plenty of complaints to be made, I outlined a few. The list is never ending from my position, how about Neil Lennon? i see you dodged that one. 

Great bunch of lads alright. Neil Lennon should of continuing playing for Narnia in hindsight, 'Provo in our team' 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Padraig View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 9:43pm
The RAF of UlsterDead
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 8:58pm

Had a look at those links, yous' all need to look at a f**king map. Donegal, Monaghan and Cavan are in the Republic of Ireland.
I know.

But so are Antrim, Armagh, Down, Londonderry, Tyrone and Fermanagh, where the GAWA come from.

Anyhow, "We're the Northern Ireland Boys making all the noise" hardly scans, does it?

Still, if that's the worst complaint to be made, it makes the earlier comment about Windsor being a "Sash Bash in the sewer" [sic] ever more desperate...

Dead Derry - Doire 

Correct, An Dun Ard Mhacha, DOIRE, Tir Eoghain, Fear Manach and Aontroim are situated in the province of Ulster on the Island of Ireland regarded as 'Northern Ireland' but An Cabhan, Muineachan and Dun na nGall.. are not. Therefore your new 'inclusive LOL' chant isn't politically nor geographically correct. 

Could you imagine Mexicans chanting random States from the United States of America? ...Let's randomly chant Hawaii, Texas and California in Mexico City? why? Because it sounds better. 

There's plenty of complaints to be made, I outlined a few. The list is never ending from my position, how about Neil Lennon? i see you dodged that one. 

Great bunch of lads alright. Neil Lennon should of continuing playing for Narnia in hindsight, 'Provo in our team' 

Edited by SByrne24 - 15 Jun 2015 at 9:05pm
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 8:18pm
Just to clarify, that last post is quoted as myself when it was SByrne24 Thumbs Up
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 8:04pm

I know.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 7:24pm
Them un melt down.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 7:16pm
Hun meltdown?
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 7:01pm

As correctly pointed out by madferret, we have our All Ireland Republic team which incorporates all of the 32 counties and anyone born there, let the bigots have their sash bash in the sewer...
That would be the same "madferret" who so loves singing about the people who brought us all Enniskillen, Jean McConville, Garda Gerry McCabe, Kingsmills and the rape and abuse of who-knows-how-many women and children*:
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/favourite-rebel-songs-ballads_topic51844_page1.html

Meanwhile, some more 'Sash Bash' from Saturday evening in Belfast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhenjaSmoSk&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5HLG-dAa-s&feature=youtu.be

Bigots, eh?

* - And that's just the Adams Family...

Why are you referencing rebs LOL

We can all throw mud at each other if that is what you are looking for..
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 6:39pm

[QUOTE=starryplough]

As correctly pointed out by madferret, we have our All Ireland Republic team which incorporates all of the 32 counties and anyone born there, let the bigots have their sash bash in the sewer...
That would be the same "madferret" who so loves singing about the people who brought us all Enniskillen, Jean McConville, Garda Gerry McCabe, Kingsmills and the rape and abuse of who-knows-how-many women and children*:

Bigots, eh?

Some great tunes in there Territorial Clap

Edited by SByrne24 - 15 Jun 2015 at 6:43pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 6:18pm

Bigots, eh?

* - And that's just the Adams Family...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 358359360361362 369>
  Share Topic