FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 278279280281282 369>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Coachers View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coachers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 11:07am
Originally posted by peterbelfast peterbelfast wrote:

yes thats the bar, my mate a manager in it and still goes on he said

What are these songs you deem to be sectarian?

I have drank in Laverys many a time pre-match and there has never been anything remotely sectarian.

I also know for a fact that the AoNISC work very closely with the management in the bar to promote a family like atmosphere, who always welcome our fans back and put on promotions for them.

If it 'still goes on' as you say, as a manager in the bar I am sure your mate has raised it with the AoNISC and a plan has been put in place to tackle it? 
Sponsored Links

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 2:16pm

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Northern Ireland fans are among the worst, their football fans are vile mainly the Linfield fans I would of been in loyalist bars as a child with my father working, up the Newtonards road, Dundonald area I was in one when they played Poland... some sight. does the pub you're talking about being with an L Peter?

The same malarkey at Carl Framptom fights, I go to most I'll be there in January however I'll pass on the billy boys chants 10 German bombers..

Owned by Catholics with the local UVF on the door it does alright from what I'm told also I've friends/family who support the North they'd call in there
peterbelfast View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Northern Ireland fans are among the worst, their football fans are vile mainly the Linfield fans I would of been in loyalist bars as a child with my father working, up the Newtonards road, Dundonald area I was in one when they played Poland... some sight. does the pub you're talking about being with an L Peter?

The same malarkey at Carl Framptom fights, I go to most I'll be there in January however I'll pass on the billy boys chants 10 German bombers..

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

I read the post and noticed the high amount of times u used the phrase non n.i fans. An unsubtle attempt to absolve any n.i fans of any blame. It wasn't us it was themmuns mentality is pathtetic. It wasn't us it was the polish, it was the croatians and it wasn't us singing the billy boys in the aviva.large Sections of the n.i fans are nothing but scumbags.

We have plenty as well Peter from what I've seen in the past year

Like what exactly?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 12:33pm

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Coachers Coachers wrote:

I read the post and noticed the high amount of times u used the phrase non n.i fans. An unsubtle attempt to absolve any n.i fans of any blame. It wasn't us it was themmuns mentality is pathtetic. It wasn't us it was the polish, it was the croatians and it wasn't us singing the billy boys in the aviva.large Sections of the n.i fans are nothing but scumbags.

As I witnessed first hand what happened in regards to the issues with the Croatian and Polish fans, I am more than happy with the comments I made on the matter and how any issues started.

Your comments are based simply your own blinkered view on Northern Ireland fans without trying to establish what in fact happened, which comes across poorly on your behalf.

In terms of the 'Billy Boys' in the Aviva, while I wasn't in the concourse to witness the footage that is on Youtube, I did endure a bunch of idiots in front of me trying to start singing similar songs. They were told to knock it on the head by both myself and those around us. I also took the step of reporting their seat numbers to the Irish FA after the game, as like the majority of fans we detest that type of behaviour and it is unwelcome.

Having not missed a home game at Windsor in over 10 years and been travelling to our away games for longer than that, I would certainly disagree with your comment that 'large Sections of the n.i fans are nothing but scumbags'. As I assume that you don't attend our games (please correct me if I am wrong), what are you basing this on?

Are there a very small minority or our support who can act like idiots? Of course there are, but I am pretty sure that the same could be said for some of the Republic support and indeed that of any country or team.

Don't think too many players of the ireland team had had to retire because they are afraid to go back to their stadium. I worked in a well known bar populated by n.i fans on matchdays and i have heard many a sectarian song. I have also witnessed these in recent years on the lisbrurn road as i make my way home. A lot may have improved but fans will also be tried by their lowest common demoninator and your lot are lower than a snakes belly.
Coachers View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coachers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 11:52am

Plenty of idiots i would agree, but i haven't seen to many involved in fighting and singing sectarian songs

To say that a small section of Republic 'fans' do not get involved in singing sectarian songs is either naive or simply blinkered.

I am certainly not on this forum to get involved in a game of they did this, but they did that, however to highlight that unfortunately it does happen, I would refer you to the clip below. Although no doubt you will try to tell us that singing about the IRA or hating the Queen is just a bit of craic and in no way sectarian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq6EEUZevZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnzNbvzXMw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHeigdGLB64

I have no doubt that the majority of Republic fans, like Northern Ireland fans, do not welcome that type of behaviour and rightfully distance themselves from it. That is certainly the feeling given by my friends who regularly attend Republic games and those I met in Paris during the Euros.
Coachers View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coachers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 11:37am

As I witnessed first hand what happened in regards to the issues with the Croatian and Polish fans, I am more than happy with the comments I made on the matter and how any issues started.

Your comments are based simply your own blinkered view on Northern Ireland fans without trying to establish what in fact happened, which comes across poorly on your behalf.

In terms of the 'Billy Boys' in the Aviva, while I wasn't in the concourse to witness the footage that is on Youtube, I did endure a bunch of idiots in front of me trying to start singing similar songs. They were told to knock it on the head by both myself and those around us. I also took the step of reporting their seat numbers to the Irish FA after the game, as like the majority of fans we detest that type of behaviour and it is unwelcome.

Having not missed a home game at Windsor in over 10 years and been travelling to our away games for longer than that, I would certainly disagree with your comment that 'large Sections of the n.i fans are nothing but scumbags'. As I assume that you don't attend our games (please correct me if I am wrong), what are you basing this on?

Are there a very small minority or our support who can act like idiots? Of course there are, but I am pretty sure that the same could be said for some of the Republic support and indeed that of any country or team.

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 11:36am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Plenty of idiots i would agree, but i haven't seen to many involved in fighting and singing sectarian songs
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 11:16am

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 11:07am
Coachers View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coachers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I heard a giant lizard wearing a Northern Ireland shirt attacked a 5 year old Croatian fan

Rumours that the lizard also ate the 5 years old have not yet been substantiated :-)
Coachers View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coachers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 8:35am

N.i fans causing trouble again. The mask didn't take long to slip.

When was this Peter?

I suppose the croatians were fighting with themselves or better again. Fighting with mystery serbs. Disgrace to this island n.i fans are

It might be worth referring to my post on p88 before making such comments.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 12:44am
I heard a giant lizard wearing a Northern Ireland shirt attacked a 5 year old Croatian fan
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 11:14pm

When was this Peter?

I suppose the croatians were fighting with themselves or better again. Fighting with mystery serbs. Disgrace to this island n.i fans are
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Here's one for you, that Vukovar flag people were talking about earlier? I've just seen it hanging up on the Liffey end of O'Connell Street. Strange

It also has "d68" written on the side but i've no idea what that means

So it was feckin gspain that stole it after all!!

LOL

Shhhhhhh tell em nothing. Big smile

Coachers View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coachers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 5:50pm

When was this Peter?
Coachers View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coachers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Fair point Coachers Thumbs Up

I can understand people defending themselves. But any stray bottle, pint glass or chair thrown by an N.I. fan could always hit an innocent bystander and when the Police arrive they're not going to make much of a distinction of who the aggressors are if both sets of fans are involved. The best thing you should do if possible to get the hell out of there one way or another rather than participate or react. Irish fans reacting & fighting English fans in 95 on the pitch or try and get out of the stadium away from it would always be the best thing to do.

Completely agree.

Myself and those I travel to away games with tend to stay away from where the masses congregate, as they are the areas likely to be targeted, such as Ma Nolan's in Nice during the Euros. Added to that it's better fun getting to meet and have a bit of craic with the locals (even though a lot of the time none of us can speak the same language) and you pay a fraction of the price for a pint :-)

Trouble at our matches, home or away, is very, very rare and hopefully it continues to be like that. 

Edited by Coachers - 18 Nov 2016 at 5:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 278279280281282 369>
  Share Topic