FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 369>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You seem determined to teach me something new Terri
Only in response to your telling me what I am/do/think eg: "...it seems the only thing [Territorial] likes from the north is the North of Ireland football team.".

But in that spirit, I shall teach you not one, but two, new things.

One, it is much easier and quicker to type "NI" than "the North of Ireland", never mind the "illegally-occupied six county sectarian statelet" so beloved by head-in-the-sand keyboard Republicans etc;
and
Two, the sky will not fall in if you do use "NI" (or "Northern Ireland", should your fingers need the exercise).

Anything else you need to know, just ask... Wink

wouldn't it be just as easy to just call it "tn" then?

anyway why are nordies so angry about people calling it the north? 

Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 3:16pm
I still prefer 'pub team'. I will just about begrudgingly use 'the North' or 'North of Ireland', never mind anything else.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 3:14pm

You seem determined to teach me something new Terri
Only in response to your telling me what I am/do/think eg: "...it seems the only thing [Territorial] likes from the north is the North of Ireland football team.".

But in that spirit, I shall teach you not one, but two, new things.

One, it is much easier and quicker to type "NI" than "the North of Ireland", never mind the "illegally-occupied six county sectarian statelet" so beloved by head-in-the-sand keyboard Republicans etc;
and
Two, the sky will not fall in if you do use "NI" (or "Northern Ireland", should your fingers need the exercise).

Anything else you need to know, just ask... Wink
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 11:18am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Your group is definitely tougher due to the fact you have a heavyweight that don't do failure so a playoff at best unless you finish best runner up.

Despite us having the worst 6th seed (Georgia) who are certainly no 6th seed when you compare them to the other cannon fodder. (Kazakhstan excepted) , the fact we got the second best possible first seed in Wales (would've preferred Romania myself), avoided France/Italy as second seeds, I was delighted with how the group worked out as 4th seeds. 

Re yr bold: no advantage to the best runner-up this time.

We can always daydream- win every remaining qualifier, then if Germany lose to Czechia as well, we're there Tongue
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 11:49pm
You seem determined to teach me something new Terri, unfortunately I am well aware of North of Ireland F.C. after a good chat with a few lads from Belfast Harlequins when my local team were in the AIL.

Pretty poor mural, but anything connected  to that awful song is terrible! Needs to be put to rest.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 11:43pm

... it seems the only thing he likes from the north is the North of Ireland football team. A very unusual man is Terence.
I have only a passing interest in rugby, and then only in teams which still exist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_of_Ireland_F.C.

As for the rest, I discover something new to love about the place every day, with this being today's offering, so it is:

Edited by Territorial - 12 Apr 2017 at 11:45pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Morning all. I'm naturally a pessimist and back in August 2016 actually  tipped us to finish fourth, below seeding. Now I think we'll go out in the play-offs.

We're in a tough group because the World  Champions are in it. Not as tough as Spain/ Italy but obviously tougher than anything in Euro 2016 qualifying and I'd say tougher than yours this time. Basically, Germany are always strong- Wales and Austria aren't.

Your group is definitely tougher due to the fact you have a heavyweight that don't do failure so a playoff at best unless you're finish best runner up.

Despite us having the worst 6th seed (Georgia) who are certainly no 6th seed when you compare them to the other cannon fodder. (Kazakhstan excepted) , the fact we got the second best possible first seed in Wales (would've preferred Romania myself), avoided France/Italy as second seeds, I was delighted with how the group worked out as 4th seeds. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Bushmills surely ?
You would have thought so but it seems the only thing he likes from the north is the North of Ireland football team. A very unusual man is Terence.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 11:11pm
Neither Bushmills nor Baileys (or Buckfast, for that matter).

Strictly Beer and Wine for me, though not together.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Bushmills surely ?

More likely, as Baileys would make you sick before being aggressive, whereas whiskey would have you fighting with the wall. 

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 10:58pm
Bushmills surely ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 10:55pm
I was just thinking that he must have been at the Bailey's.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 10:52pm
@Territorial 

You overdose on the devils buttermilk tonight? LOL
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 9:36am
Morning all. I'm naturally a pessimist and back in August 2016 actually  tipped us to finish fourth, below seeding. Now I think we'll go out in the play-offs.

We're in a tough group because the World  Champions are in it. Not as tough as Spain/ Italy but obviously tougher than anything in Euro 2016 qualifying and I'd say tougher than yours this time. Basically, Germany are always strong- Wales and Austria aren't.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:19am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

@Conormac77

Give the devil his due. That was a great win for them in a potential bananaskin and I think they're definite favourites for second place in that group.

Sorry, just seen this myself.

Anyway, maybe the 'dogsh*t' theme was a bit much but there's no denying that they've been fortunate to get a group that has given them a chance of progress and have dodged a bullet by avoiding either of the groups containing France/Holland/Sweden or Spain/Italy (as have we for that matter!)

Having said that, they do deserve credit for taking that chance offered and, at the same time, bouncing back from that disastrous WC 14 campaign when they couldn't even win home bankers against the likes of Luxembourg and Azerbaijan. Many other teams would have just crumbled after enduring a campaign like that and been content just to avoid finishing bottom of the group in subsequent campaigns.

Credit also to NI for not getting complacent after a successful Euro 2016 and kicking on in this campaign (for some reason, a certain other home nation who wear red and actually have a world class player keep springing to mind... ). Win, or even draw, in Baku in June and NI will be well set for 2nd place and a play-off (providing some predictions on here about the Poland/Montenegro/Romania/Denmark group coming up the worst runner-up prove to be true). After that, who knows...?

Good post. Thumbs Up

I do think it's a bit much to say they've gotten a handy group this time as I would've thought Norway or the Czechs would've probably stopped them getting into a playoff spot. Even Floreat on here thought that initially (open to correction on this) that they'd finish third.

As for their last qualifying group, they were 5th seeds going into that and I don't care how much anyone on here may try to disparage it because it was only Greece/Hungary, but given the low expectancy and limited player pool, it was a sensational achievement. Have any 5th seeds ever won a qualifying group? I doubt it and if we do the same as a 4th seed (in a much more difficult group imo) in our present campaign, it would be an excellent achievement. 

I cannot bear them myself and would happily support England playing against them but given their practical defensive set up (look in a mirror lads when commentating on their style of play) no country will be that thrilled meeting them or us in a playoffs. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:34pm

@Conormac77

Give the devil his due. That was a great win for them in a potential bananaskin and I think they're definite favourites for second place in that group.

Sorry, just seen this myself.

Anyway, maybe the 'dogsh*t' theme was a bit much but there's no denying that they've been fortunate to get a group that has given them a chance of progress and have dodged a bullet by avoiding either of the groups containing France/Holland/Sweden or Spain/Italy (as have we for that matter!)

Having said that, they do deserve credit for taking that chance offered and, at the same time, bouncing back from that disastrous WC 14 campaign when they couldn't even win home bankers against the likes of Luxembourg and Azerbaijan. Many other teams would have just crumbled after enduring a campaign like that and been content just to avoid finishing bottom of the group in subsequent campaigns.

Credit also to NI for not getting complacent after a successful Euro 2016 and kicking on in this campaign (for some reason, a certain other home nation who wear red and actually have a world class player keep springing to mind... ). Win, or even draw, in Baku in June and NI will be well set for 2nd place and a play-off (providing some predictions on here about the Poland/Montenegro/Romania/Denmark group coming up the worst runner-up prove to be true). After that, who knows...?

Edited by ConorMac77 - 30 Mar 2017 at 11:40pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

How can you retire from club football to extend your intenational career? How does that work?
Don't know but trust me, anything is possible with that big galoot Lafferty! LOL

For as I always say, "From the neck down, he's got total ability, but from the neck up, he's a total liability..." Wink

'That big galoot' - couldn't have put it better myself.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 8:35pm
The next two games in the group may have N.I. home and hosed even if they only draw in Baku as they're going to have at least 4 points (away to San Marino next) whereas the Czechs are away to Norway and home to Germany and I cna only see 2 points at best for them. I think Norway at home (who apparently made it difficult away to the Czechs) will get a draw and Germany are favourites to beat them. I think the Czechs might get a draw though. I can't see the Czechs winning in Belfast. 

Edited by irishmufc - 30 Mar 2017 at 9:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 369>
  Share Topic