You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 362363364365366 369>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

https://www.balls.ie/football/alan-mannus-casement-park-euro-2024-576695

It's not much different to LOI fans not being happy that there will be no tangible benefits to football in the south from the Euros being there. 
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 8:04pm
I'd say Alan has had to keep a lot of his views to himself in his workplace for the last 15 years or so.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It's not much different to LOI fans not being happy that there will be no tangible benefits to football in the south from the Euros being there. 

If Croker had been announced as a second venue in Dublin, or Thomond Park had been included, I doubt we'd have had supporters at Ireland games holding up No Croker or No Thomond banners, or prominent players saying games shouldn't be played there.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

If Croker had been announced as a second venue in Dublin, or Thomond Park had been included, I doubt we'd have had supporters at Ireland games holding up No Croker or No Thomond banners, or prominent players saying games shouldn't be played there.
So, you are actually misrepresenting him and I think it's clear you've not read his comments. 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 8:58pm

I'd say Alan has had to keep a lot of his views to himself in his workplace for the last 15 years or so.

He turned his back on the anthem playing before so his views are well known.

I agree with him in this case.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He turned his back on the anthem playing before so his views are well known.

I agree with him in this case.

Factually incorrect. He stood there respectfully when the anthem was played while the Irish members of the Rovers team turned and faced the flag. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 9:19pm
All Mannus said was the redevelopment of Casement Pk doesn't seem to deliver anything going forward after the euros for NI football except maybe its use to host internationals which would generate a demand for tickets which Windsor couldn't meet, and he was that not well enough informed to know if that's the case. He also said that it looks like the GAA will benefit most from the redevelopment. Personally, don't have any issue with his comments.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 9:21pm
Its hard to see how anyone who isn't from a GAA background and lives in the north would be supportive of this
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 9:30pm
The North bring nothing to the table with this bid. They should be jettisoned and, ideally, the additional stadium should be allocated to us. 

In that scenario my preference would be Páirc Uí Chaoimh over Croker. You'd easily get 35k in with temporary seating, and Cork would be a great second host city on the island 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

All Mannus said was the redevelopment of Casement Pk doesn't seem to deliver anything going forward after the euros for NI football except maybe its use to host internationals which would generate a demand for tickets which Windsor couldn't meet, and he was that not well enough informed to know if that's the case. He also said that it looks like the GAA will benefit most from the redevelopment. Personally, don't have any issue with his comments.

I do.  The chap is from a loyalist background.  He states that he has no problem with the GAA (ha!).
He states that football will not benefit and that Windsor Park should have been selected despite not being big enough to meet criteria.  He muses that maybe T.E. could use Casement in future for bigger games.  He then contradicts himself saying the 18,500 capacity of Windsor is big enough for T.E. even if they were playing Germany.  So what's the point in increasing the capacity of that then!

You only have to look at the facebook comments section whenever the Bel Tel post a story relating to Casement.  Its a cesspit of hate from the PUL community.  They have some valid points with regards legacy for football but their 'legitimate concerns' are just a trojan horse for their main agenda.  Not playing their loyalist team in a taig stadium.

Edited by Trap junior - 02 Nov 2023 at 10:11pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 10:23pm
Nobody is spending the money to rebuild Pairc Ui Chaoimh for the Euros 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I do.  The chap is from a loyalist background.  He states that he has no problem with the GAA (ha!).
He states that football will not benefit and that Windsor Park should have been selected despite not being big enough to meet criteria.  He muses that maybe T.E. could use Casement in future for bigger games.  He then contradicts himself saying the 18,500 capacity of Windsor is big enough for T.E. even if they were playing Germany.  So what's the point in increasing the capacity of that then!

You only have to look at the facebook comments section whenever the Bel Tel post a story relating to Casement.  Its a cesspit of hate from the PUL community.  They have some valid points with regards legacy for football but their 'legitimate concerns' are just a trojan horse for their main agenda.  Not playing their loyalist team in a taig stadium.

What’s Mannus’s loyalist background? 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 8:03am

Has anybody suggested rebuilding PUC? I missed it if they did. All I’ve noticed is the suggestion of installing temporary seating, which in itself may not be permitted.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 9:13am

Has anybody suggested rebuilding PUC? I missed it if they did. All I’ve noticed is the suggestion of installing temporary seating, which in itself may not be permitted.

Has been well discussed on here before that PUC is nowhere near to meeting the requirements need to host a Euros game - Just go look at the UEFA Categorry 4 stadium requirements. Would costs tens of millions to rebuild areas of it to make it suitable which just isn't going to happen. 
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 9:37am

Has been well discussed on here before that PUC is nowhere near to meeting the requirements need to host a Euros game - Just go look at the UEFA Categorry 4 stadium requirements. Would costs tens of millions to rebuild areas of it to make it suitable which just isn't going to happen. 

I'm sure it woukd be much cheaper than rebuilding casement. Nail a few thousand seats behind the goal and it would be all good? Cork would be a much better venue than Belfast 

Edited by drog addict - 03 Nov 2023 at 9:37am
Chips don't bounce
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 9:48am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

I'm sure it woukd be much cheaper than rebuilding casement. Nail a few thousand seats behind the goal and it would be all good? Cork would be a much better venue than Belfast 

For the Irish government it would be more expensive than any contribution they'd make to Casement.
Temporary seating is not allowed by UEFA. Then you'd need to create extra hospitality areas on the stadium, additional TV studios, parking and broadcast areas outside, increased media facilities etc. 
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 10:34am

For the Irish government it would be more expensive than any contribution they'd make to Casement.
Temporary seating is not allowed by UEFA. Then you'd need to create extra hospitality areas on the stadium, additional TV studios, parking and broadcast areas outside, increased media facilities etc. 

Casement requires 4k of some type of temporary seating as its only 26k seater. Whether that means installing 4k 'permanent' seats then ripping them out I dont know. Might also be a planning issue. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Casement requires 4k of some type of temporary seating as its only 26k seater. Whether that means installing 4k 'permanent' seats then ripping them out I dont know. Might also be a planning issue. 

They will be permanent seats that will be converted back to terracing afterwards seemingly. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 362363364365366 369>
  Share Topic