2 [2.60%]
1 [1.30%]
6 [7.79%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Are you actually having a go at the families of those people killed in Hillsborough?

I am having a go at the Liverpool fans who snuck or forced their way into the Leppings Lane end and refuse to accept that this was one of the contributary factors to the disaster. And they pulled the same trick in Athens at the CL final.

You haven't a f*cking notion what you're talking about. Not surprised in the slightest you're regarded as a running joke on here.

And we are off.

Is your position that thousands of Liverpool fans hopping the styles in the Leppings Lane end was not a factor in overcrowding the terrace?

In fact, don't bother. This will just be the usual 'you are out to get us' whinge that is why I hate Liverpool and their fans.

Sorry, but you're woefully uninformed on this.

Yes, I'm categorically saying that Liverpool fans didn't hop any turnstyles at Hillsborough. In fact, it's a completely new one on me, so much so you have me scratching my head. Normally it's the 'drunken, ticketless fans forced the gate' angle that usually gets pushed, although these days, only by those it suits to believe.

Neither of those things actually happened though and anyone who's even remotely informed about events that day has known that all along. All this has even been acknowledged as far back as both the Taylor Reports in August '89 and Jan '90, and more recently the HIP report in 2012. Don't know if you saw that one? It was in the news. David Cameron even personally apologised on behalf of the government, both for the events that day and the lies that were told. 

However, as soon as the SYP propagated the lie of drunken ticketless fans on the evening of 15/04/89 and it was reported by the BBC (and pushed by the Sun 4 days later) it became the overriding narrative. That's why the families of the victims fought for a quarter of a century to have these recognised as lies.

Coincidentally, just yesterday at the Hillsborough inquest, the man who claimed the gate had been forced - Chief Superintendent at the time David Duckenfield - admitted fully that he had given the order to open Gate C, again, all stuff that's been known all along. Have a look.

"Thousands of Liverpool fans hopping the styles" though? New one on me. You can believe what you want, but what you believe couldn't be further away from the actual, acknowledged events of the day. But there ya go, I've "bothered". If you want to take on the facts, that's up to you. There's a million and one places you could start looking, but even about 2 min reading on google should see you good. I suppose, why bother though? Would mess with your narrative, wouldn't it.

There are other Liverpool fans on this thread who openly acknowledge that the barriers were jumped by fans. You are a parody of yourself. Of course the cops were at fault, who is arguing otherwise? I never mentioned gates being forced, that is a strawman you have built. How can you categorically state that no fans snuck in? Waffle and bluster.

But my core point is, like you, Liverpool fans totally refuse to accept any responsibility for contributing to the overcrowding and pulled the same stunt in Athens.
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 3:23pm

Hillsborough was a horrible event that cost many young lives.

Its not an issue for point scoring on this forum.

Cop yourselves on and knock it off.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

+1
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

I think every Irish person, especially those who have spent time in London has, or should have, a special hatred for Chelsea.

Why is that? I lived in London I never found them any more hated than many other London clubs. 

Of the modern reasons to hate them, they would fall into much the same category as the other clubs who've had huge loot pumped in by rich playboys.

their fans are aggressively anti Irish
Never noticed it any more profoundly than at many other grounds.
The vast majority of football fans couldn't give a sh*t about the politics, if that's what the issue is.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 3:50pm

I don't see point scoring. Its not a his club v my club debate.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

+1

+2

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 4:48pm

I think every Irish person, especially those who have spent time in London has, or should have, a special hatred for Chelsea.

Why is that? I lived in London I never found them any more hated than many other London clubs. 

Of the modern reasons to hate them, they would fall into much the same category as the other clubs who've had huge loot pumped in by rich playboys.

their fans are aggressively anti Irish
Never noticed it any more profoundly than at many other grounds.
The vast majority of football fans couldn't give a sh*t about the politics, if that's what the issue is.

It's more the Rangers branch they have than the actual posh people living in Chelsea. To date they were the worst set in my job.. The Chelsea lot were very queen's British posh spoken but the Rangers lot had Anti-IRA banners all over the place.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 5:38pm
So it's the Rangers mob we hate? Nothing new there.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 6:24pm

I went to a lot of SAFC away games around the time of the Hillsborough tragedy and it was an accident waiting to happen.

It was the Police Thatcher and that horrible little fecker Moynihan who had blood on their hands.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 8:04pm
Why all the hate? How can someone in Ireland "hate" a club in England,Scotland or NI?
Do you really hate them that much?
Bit sad IMO
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Why all the hate? How can someone in Ireland "hate" a club in England,Scotland or NI?
Bit sad IMO

Go on to a Rangers forum and let me know what you think?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 10:46pm

Bit sad IMO
Its bizarre to say the least , unless they lived in these places for a while and were active supporters.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 10:53pm

Bit sad IMO

Anyone can write sh*te on a forum. It would be understandable if someone lived in Glasgow and got a lot of stick regarding which side you were on. Doesn't and shouldn't affect someone from Ireland who don't have any connections to Celtic. Hate is for the weak
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 1:15am

Bit sad IMO

Ah come on,based on a forum! Based on profiles on the Internet,that's worse!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 1:44am
Easy one. Liverpool. Just read the thread!

Also.Hillsborough was a horrible tragedy, nobody should ever go to a match and not come back. The subsequent cover up was and is an absolute scandal. Really hope one day (seems to be close) the full truth is realised and the families get justice for their loved ones. 

Theres only one sport that matters..
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 2:08am

Bit sad IMO

Why would you be on the forum of a team you claim to hate? Not being smart but it sounds like you want to be insulted by them

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Bit sad IMO

Why would you be on the forum of a team you claim to hate? Not being smart but it sounds like you want to be insulted by them

Links provided in the Rangers thread.
Collymore's twitter feed.
And some Rangers fans who have posted on here too

I don't actively be looking on Rangers forums either.

I'm not insulted by what they write either.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 10:55am

Are you actually having a go at the families of those people killed in Hillsborough?

I am having a go at the Liverpool fans who snuck or forced their way into the Leppings Lane end and refuse to accept that this was one of the contributary factors to the disaster. And they pulled the same trick in Athens at the CL final.

You haven't a f*cking notion what you're talking about. Not surprised in the slightest you're regarded as a running joke on here.

And we are off.

Is your position that thousands of Liverpool fans hopping the styles in the Leppings Lane end was not a factor in overcrowding the terrace?

In fact, don't bother. This will just be the usual 'you are out to get us' whinge that is why I hate Liverpool and their fans.

Sorry, but you're woefully uninformed on this.

Yes, I'm categorically saying that Liverpool fans didn't hop any turnstyles at Hillsborough. In fact, it's a completely new one on me, so much so you have me scratching my head. Normally it's the 'drunken, ticketless fans forced the gate' angle that usually gets pushed, although these days, only by those it suits to believe.

Neither of those things actually happened though and anyone who's even remotely informed about events that day has known that all along. All this has even been acknowledged as far back as both the Taylor Reports in August '89 and Jan '90, and more recently the HIP report in 2012. Don't know if you saw that one? It was in the news. David Cameron even personally apologised on behalf of the government, both for the events that day and the lies that were told. 

However, as soon as the SYP propagated the lie of drunken ticketless fans on the evening of 15/04/89 and it was reported by the BBC (and pushed by the Sun 4 days later) it became the overriding narrative. That's why the families of the victims fought for a quarter of a century to have these recognised as lies.

Coincidentally, just yesterday at the Hillsborough inquest, the man who claimed the gate had been forced - Chief Superintendent at the time David Duckenfield - admitted fully that he had given the order to open Gate C, again, all stuff that's been known all along. Have a look.

"Thousands of Liverpool fans hopping the styles" though? New one on me. You can believe what you want, but what you believe couldn't be further away from the actual, acknowledged events of the day. But there ya go, I've "bothered". If you want to take on the facts, that's up to you. There's a million and one places you could start looking, but even about 2 min reading on google should see you good. I suppose, why bother though? Would mess with your narrative, wouldn't it.

There are other Liverpool fans on this thread who openly acknowledge that the barriers were jumped by fans. You are a parody of yourself. Of course the cops were at fault, who is arguing otherwise? I never mentioned gates being forced, that is a strawman you have built. How can you categorically state that no fans snuck in? Waffle and bluster.

But my core point is, like you, Liverpool fans totally refuse to accept any responsibility for contributing to the overcrowding and pulled the same stunt in Athens.

Grand. You believe what you want to rather than a judicial inquiry and an exhaustive independent panel.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic