Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=51185
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 4:53pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Most Hated Team in the Premier League
Posted By: kingofkings
Subject: Most Hated Team in the Premier League
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:54pm
Seeing alot of hate for Chelsea on Facebook tonight so wondering who people hate the most?

Replies:
Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:56pm
Not even a question. London Rangers all the way

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:58pm
will be very surprised if it's anyone other than UDA FC.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:58pm
What a great thread.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Seeing alot of hate for Chelsea on Facebook tonight so wondering who people hate the most?

Doesn't that happen any time a big English club is playing though?

I mean you would see loads of hate for Liverpool or Man United if they were playing tonight?

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:11pm
No contest.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:13pm
Don't have hate for anyone but it's always sweeter if Utd have a bad day, just so you can have bragging rights against the majority here that support them

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:13pm
I think every Irish person, especially those who have spent time in London has, or should have, a special hatred for Chelsea.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think every Irish person, especially those who have spent time in London has, or should have, a special hatred for Chelsea.

My Irish born uncle has lived in London since the late 60s/early 70s or so and is a season ticket holder with them for decades.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:15pm
I think the personality of the manager has a lot to do with it.

Ferguson's poor conduct would have put a lot of people off United no matter how successful they were. Mourinho has taken it to another level imo.

If the authorities clamped down on managerslike Fergie acting the bollocks than Mourinho wouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

My Irish born uncle has lived in London since the late 60s/early 70s or so and is a season ticket holder with them for decades.

was he dropped as a baby or is he one of those Irish in England that hates Ireland?

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:19pm
It was Aston Villa for a while until Sherzy took over. They were just eating up a Premier League place for no reason.

I hate the way Man Utd have pissed away Fergies legacy so soon and Arsenal have no interest in ever winning anything.

But overall, some Liverpool fans, more than any other PL club, are an extra type of special.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:19pm

was he dropped as a baby or is he one of those Irish in England that hates Ireland?

No doesn't hate Ireland at all, very proud Tipp man!

He was actually great pals with Peter Kenyon, he ended up on the Chelsea team plane that went to Moscow in 2008!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:22pm

Lots of Chelsea fans in Ireland. Lot of people can't be arsed about politics, the club's fans, etc. When they decide who they follow. Some could have liked the Jersey best when they were kids and their love grew from there! A 6 year old is hardly going to know anything about the club other than the football being played.

Peter Kenyon is a kunt. I would rather have been on united airlines flight 175

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Don't have hate for anyone but it's always sweeter if Utd have a bad day, just so you can have bragging rights against the majority here that support them
Bragging rights? I just got sick all over my laptop

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:23pm
That is what parents are for andy!

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:25pm

Peter Kenyon is a kunt. I would rather have been on united airlines flight 175

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:27pm
People who voted 'Other'

Who do you's think?

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:30pm

That is what parents are for andy!

I doubt a lot would even know. Even myself I hadn't a clue about the rangers link until I started coming on here all those years ago and I was in me early 20's then.

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:32pm
Could not believe when I opened the the thread that there was more than just Chelsea in the options - Boo to this thread Thumbs Down

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:32pm
Education, education, education! Spread the word

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:00pm
Any particular reason why West Ham are on the list out of curiosity?

Newcastle annoy the shyte out of me but that's down to their fans sense of entitlement.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Newcastle annoy the shyte out of me but that's down to their fans sense of entitlement.

West Ham hmmmm...... the unbelievable racism, that Essex boy mentality, that faux cockney 'knees up muvver brown' bollocks, that embarrassing 'Moore than a club bollocks', this talk of playing the 'West 'am way'. Yeah mate, 50 years ago. 'We won the world cup'. The Ice Cream Firm. The fact that all their fans look like Billy Mitchell or Danny Dyer. Billy Mitchell. Danny Dyer. The fact that all black cab drivers seem to follow them. I f**king hate black cab drivers. Bubbles.I am sure there is more but if it was not for Chelsea.............

-------------

Posted By: Gavintheslob
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:33pm
As a Liverpool you are always gonna hate utd, but chelsea of late are really pushing for that top spot

Hate everything about the club, from its scum fans to their style of play, their scum players over the years, and now that little prick mourinho, great manager but what a **** of a man he is

-------------
Its very frustrating being a Slob

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

As a Liverpool you are always gonna hate utd, but chelsea of late are really pushing for that top spot

Hate everything about the club, from its scum fans to their style of play, their scum players over the years, and now that little prick mourinho, great manager but what a **** of a man he is
Manchester United is purely a rivalry thing for Liverpool supporters. 

I respect them totally as a club with a great history, a very similar one to Liverpool, and it works vice versa. 

Same as I respect Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, Leeds and Aston Villa. Proper football clubs, 

I will never, ever respect Chelsea and their plastic success, plastic team and plastic supporters.

I respect Rangers more as a club. 

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 12:01am
CHELSEA along with Sevco and Linfield are football's axis of evil....

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 12:06am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

As Roy Keane said in his latest book "Them lot are right arrogant pricks, they go about as if they're the best in the country but they've won f**k all for ages" 

LOL

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Maybe but looking at at list it's Liverpool by a country mile for me , always hated them and want them to lose every game well apart when they play Blackbum .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: deiseblue
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 8:07am
Liverpool by a country mile - Heysel will forever be an indelible stain .

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:10am
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Shows you know nothing about the history of English soccer hooliganism in the 70s and 80s.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:13am
1) Man City - A new entry. Crap bland bowl stadium, loads of johnny come lately fans who usually leave 10 minutes before the end of the match. The bloody Poznan. They are as good as a brand new club and a million miles from the Man City that most neutrals used to have a soft spot for. Oil money and a team of global stars. Thing is they actually play decent football but i cannot warm to them
2) Chelsea - Their fans today are 80% posh spaz's who would be better suited to following Harlequins or 20% far right boneheads who crawl out from under a rock for any European trip or match they can cause a tear up and stop black people from getting on trains. 
3) Liverpool - Unique atmosphere hm not so sure. A lot of flags celebrating how good they were in the late 70's and 80s does not equal a good atmosphere. Find some of their fans insufferable and jesus there are a lot of them over here. Plenty of Irish superfans who have never set foot in their beloved Anfield despite being a stone throw away. Bit like Celtic love blowing their own trumpet about how great they are as fans
4) Arsenal - The most frustrating team in the world. I would be in a funny farm if i supported them. Have had the makings of a very good side for years now just don't want to make the step up and strengthen where its blatantly obvious they need to. Massive almost comical flair for the self destruct button (see Monaco's 3rd goal)

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Shows you know nothing about the history of English soccer hooliganism in the 70s and 80s.

In that case

The Germans should be eternally shunned for the Holocaust. Expel them from Europe and close all borders.
We likewise should cut all ties with Britain. Some of their actions throughout the centuries were deplorable. Expel the British Ambassador and withdraw ours from London.

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:17am
United a distant 2nd! As Mr. Dylan said, the times they are a changin'...

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

In that case

The Germans should be eternally shunned for the Holocaust. Expel them from Europe and close all borders.
We likewise should cut all ties with Britain. Some of their actions throughout the centuries were deplorable. Expel the British Ambassador and withdraw ours from London.

And the Portuguese and Japanese.

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:33am

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

In that case

And the Portuguese and Japanese.

Dont get me started on them ladsLOL

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:36am

So presumably you can point to other instances of mass murder by English fans at the time?

Chelsea because of what has been posted already, but the Murderers are a close second. The total refusal to take any reponsibility for their contributary behaviour at Hillborough and constant whinging does it for me.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:43am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

So presumably you can point to other instances of mass murder by English fans at the time?

Chelsea because of what has been posted already, but the Murderers are a close second. The total refusal to take any reponsibility for their contributary behaviour at Hillborough and constant whinging does it for me.

Are you actually having a go at the families of those people killed in Hillsborough?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:44am

The usual whataboutery nonsense.

Liverpool will always be remembered for their honour laden history , the tragedy of Hillsborough & the shame of Heysel where their rioting fans caused the death of so many .

It remains a scandal that the events of that terrible night were not investigated with the rigour & commitment that cleared Liverpool supporters of any culpability in the Hillsborough disaster , UEFA , the English FA , the Belgian FA & authorities & in particular the Italian FA should hang their heads in shame in this regard.

There can be no denial of the shame that Heysel piled on a great club which had of course a knock on effect on so many other clubs due to the blanket ban on English clubs competing in Europe .

No more than the tragedy of Hillsborough the Heysel disaster & it's subsequent knock on effects should not be forgotten - Thus placing Liverpool high in the pantheon of detested clubs.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:48am

Liverpool will always be remembered for their honour laden history , the tragedy of Hillsborough & the shame of Heysel where their rioting fans caused the death of so many .

It remains a scandal that the events of that terrible night were not investigated with the rigour & commitment that cleared Liverpool supporters of any culpability in the Hillsborough disaster , UEFA , the English FA , the Belgian FA & authorities & in particular the Italian FA should hang their heads in shame in this regard.

There can be no denial of the shame that Heysel piled on a great club which had of course a knock on effect on so many other clubs due to the blanket ban on English clubs competing in Europe .

No more than the tragedy of Hillsborough the Heysel disaster & it's subsequent knock on effects should not be forgotten - Thus placing Liverpool high in the pantheon of detested clubs.

Could you be any more bitter

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:50am

You can add to that list it was LFC fans who were instumental in the creation of the Football Casual culture.

I was listening to Big Neville on the Guardian podcast and he cleary lays the blame on Evertons stagnation for years on the events at Heysel and the subsequent ban on english teams.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:54am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Are you actually having a go at the families of those people killed in Hillsborough?

I am having a go at the Liverpool fans who snuck or forced their way into the Leppings Lane end and refuse to accept that this was one of the contributary factors to the disaster. And they pulled the same trick in Athens at the CL final.

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:55am
Man United will always be no.1 by a country mile for me

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:57am
Not talking about that.

As usual your bitterness clouds your judgement.

Go research soccer hooligans in the 70s and early 80s, its easily found on google and youtube.
You will rarely see Liverpool's name mentioned.

Then go and research who was in Brusseels that fateful night.
An awful lot of Scousers with cockney accents.

Do your research and get back to me.

PS I am in no way admonishing some Liverpool fans for Heysel in case some thick on here with half a brain thinks I am.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:59am

I am having a go at the Liverpool fans who snuck or forced their way into the Leppings Lane end and refuse to accept that this was one of the contributary factors to the disaster. And they pulled the same trick in Athens at the CL final.

Totally agree with you on this but again must point out that it happens week in week out up and down England and including matches at the old Wembley.

-------------

Posted By: Barna Bee
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 11:01am

Not talking about that.

Go research soccer hooligans in the 70s and early 80s, its easily found on google and youtube.

PS I am in no way admonishing some Liverpool fans for Heysel in case some thick on here with half a brain thinks I am.

This is a crock of sh1t , surely you don't believe this tripe  and anyway even if it is true , its up to the club to police the distribution of its tickets to the fans of the club. Those who charged across the terrace that night and caused the crush and wall to collapse were wearing liverpool colours...i remember it vividly an there is plenty video to testiy on this .I saw it myself too.   what ahppened outside before or after the game is irrelevant 

-------------
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 11:03am

You haven't a f*cking notion what you're talking about. Not surprised in the slightest you're regarded as a running joke on here.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 11:04am

Totally agree with you on this but again must point out that it happens week in week out up and down England and including matches at the old Wembley.

rRally what ground does it happen at ? they tried it at The Emirates last season too....for some reason Pool fans feel they have the right to enter stadiums sans tickets . Theye were not succesful at gaining entry there either but still caused a mini riot outside ...its the reason why Arsenal dont givetickets for their upper tiers anymore. It does not happen at WHL that I am 100% sure of this

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 11:13am

Could you be any more bitter

I cannot for the life of me see anything in my post that reflects a sense of bitterness.

I do not think I have diverted from the facts & as such I believe my conclusion that Liverpool rank high in the pantheon of detested clubs worldwide is reasonable.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

Not talking about that.

This is a crock of sh1t , surely you don't believe this tripe  and anyway even if it is true , its up to the club to police the distribution of its tickets to the fans of the club. Those who charged across the terrace that night and caused the crush and wall to collapse were wearing liverpool colours...i remember it vividly an there is plenty video to testiy on this .I saw it myself too.   what ahppened outside before or after the game is irrelevant 

Dear oh dear.

Look at youtube again NOT everyone is wearing red.
And as already stated about ticket distribution, fans charged the turnstiles.
Its also a matter of record that there were no ticket checks outside the stadium.

As I said, do your research before posting sh*te.

And tell us all about Spurs impeccable record on the continent in the 70s and 80s !!!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 11:19am

Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

Not talking about that.

Dear oh dear.

Look at youtube again NOT everyone is wearing red.
And as already stated about ticket distribution, fans charged the turnstiles.
Its also a matter of record that there were no ticket checks outside the stadium.

As I said, do your research before posting sh*te.

And tell us all about Spurs impeccable record on the continent in the 70s and 80s !!!

Gary how can you say that your sources are better than mine ? 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 11:22am
Lets just say I was privy to certain information at Lancaster Gate in the 80s when I worked in London.

We'll leave it there.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 11:37am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

You haven't a f*cking notion what you're talking about. Not surprised in the slightest you're regarded as a running joke on here.

And we are off.

Is your position that thousands of Liverpool fans hopping the styles in the Leppings Lane end was not a factor in overcrowding the terrace?

In fact, don't bother. This will just be the usual 'you are out to get us' whinge that is why I hate Liverpool and their fans.

-------------

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 11:56am
so liverpool unlike most major teams in the 70s and 80s did not have a significant hooligan problem and were only bit part players in the deaths of 39 Juventus fans after being infiltrated with hooligans from other clubs namely Chelsea. I am not having it

I will draw the line at blaming Liverpool fans in anyway for Hillsborough. Sneaking in certainly did not help but gross mismanagement and panic by the police were the cause. The cover up afterwards was equally disgraceful

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

so liverpool unlike most major teams in the 70s and 80s did not have a significant hooligan problem and were only bit part players in the deaths of 39 Juventus fans after being infiltrated with hooligans from other clubs namely Chelsea. I am not having it

I will draw the line at blaming Liverpool fans in anyway for Hillsborough. Sneaking in certainly did not help but gross mismanagement and panic by the police were the cause. The cover up afterwards was equally disgraceful
<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> </span>

You are exaggerating your first point and playing down the second.

I have always said LFC were in some way to blame and I think most people in Liverpool acknowledged that.
It was the lies and the cover-up that irked.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 12:20pm
Liverpool were completely to blame for Heysel, it was our fans end of

Blaming other people is like, trying to blame Scotland fans for the riot in Lansdowne that night

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 12:30pm

You are exaggerating your first point and playing down the second.

I have always said LFC were in some way to blame and I think most people in Liverpool acknowledged that.
It was the lies and the cover-up that irked.

Gary I think even Dalglish acknowledged the club didn't do enough/take enough responsibility in their initial reaction to Heysel.

UEFA provided the conditions for what happened but Liverpool as a club were primarily responsible for Heysel irrespective of the fact there were some/other hooligans of other clubs at it.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 12:55pm
My second point is in reference to Hillsborough not Heysel.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 1:18pm

I know that. I probably shouldn't have referenced your quote. I was just trying to address ya

Anyway the moral of the story is, Liverpool are a shower of cxxts

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I know that. I probably shouldn't have referenced your quote. I was just trying to address ya

Totally agree.

Was with them in Madrid in 09.
Wrecked the place.
Never seen so many trackies in my life, not being from Tallaght or Finglas.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 1:42pm

Totally agree.

Was with them in Madrid in 09.
Wrecked the place.
Never seen so many trackies in my life, not being from Tallaght or Finglas.

The away supporters are hardcore who go to all the games both home and away. Unfortunately you'll have a sizable percentage that are hardcore scumbags.

The United unofficial fanzine I buy always highlights United fans acting the bollocks on away trips. Abusing female stewards at Southampton or not paying for food in Sociedad.

Not sure if other United fans hold them to account on the spot but one thing that makes me proud of our support at away Ireland games is that we self police and any arsehole draped in a tricolour flag who acts the prick isn't long told to cop on.   

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:05pm
@IrishMufc, spot on regard to the Irish fans away from home, it's great to see the behaviour of our lot is top notch.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:08pm

@IrishMufc, spot on regard to the Irish fans away from home, it's great to see the behaviour of our lot is top notch.

Ah fcuk you!! the rest of it is spot on too

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:26pm

Not talking about that.

Bizarrely enough, all but 2 of the 14 convicted of manslaughter had Merseyside addresses. We cannot conclude from that they were scousers. Maybe they were cockneys residing on merseyside attracted there no doubt by the vast employment opportunites.

Just to add, those arrested were identified by Merseyside Police with the help of Anfield Stewards following a thrall through TV footage of the incident. The Police Officer who lead the investigation was at the match as a fan.....

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:34pm
Or its just possible that they were the ones who were caught !!!

Didnt fink of dat didcha ?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:38pm

Do your research my old segosha and dont rely of gossip and tittle-tattle. Liverpool Echo might be a good place to start.........

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:39pm

Lads are ye auditioning for Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels 2?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Do your research my old segosha and dont rely of gossip and tittle-tattle. Liverpool Echo might be a good place to start.........

You're boring me know.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 3:11pm

You're boring me know.
"That's nice.........."

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 3:16pm
So is it United fans voting for Liverpool and vice versa?

As for why West Ham, I was trying to think of a team that wasn't just disliked for rivally. Kind of like them myself.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 3:25pm
Have to admit as much as I dislike Mourinho and Chelsea, I'd always shout for them against Liverpool.Most Chelsea fans I know are bang on and I only know one Man City fan (and he's a gent) but there's too many Liverpool fans that who would never let me live it down if they won.

That aside no matter what Chelsea and City win, it'll never be considered an outstanding achievement in comparison to the great Liverpool teams of old who built their success without winning the Sugar Daddy lottery overnight.

I'll always be up for City and Chelsea when it comes to facing Liverpool.

-------------

Posted By: RKeane
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 3:38pm
CHELSEA! f**king horrible club, fans that leave 10 minutes before the end, fans that only exist since 2004, a rascist captain, racist fans, sh*t stadium, horrible style of play.

-------------
YESSSS! IT'S THERE

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:31pm

Not talking about that.

Bizarrely enough, all but 2 of the 14 convicted of manslaughter had Merseyside addresses. We cannot conclude from that they were scousers. Maybe they were cockneys residing on merseyside attracted there no doubt by the vast employment opportunites.

Just to add, those arrested were identified by Merseyside Police with the help of Anfield Stewards following a thrall through TV footage of the incident. The Police Officer who lead the investigation was at the match as a fan.....

Shows how cunning those sleeper Chelsea fans were - living on Merseyside attending Liverpool games  just waiting for their chance to embarrass Liverpool.  Or maybe Smith was just making up a pathetic excuse to deflect the blame. 

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:31pm
If we're basing the poll on fans think I'll have some input. Considering I work in a Stadium in the away end I get to see all 19 sets of fans coming in so 

Worst 3 have been Chelsea, Utd and surprise entry is Burnley.
Best 3 have been Man City, surprise entry Liverpool and I'll say QPR for the sheer lack of numbers they bring to away games. It was too quiet LOL

Chelsea fans especially were on another level of mongs but Utd were a very unpleasant lot

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:38pm

That aside no matter what Chelsea and City win, it'll never be considered an outstanding achievement in comparison to the great Liverpool teams of old who built their success without winning the Sugar Daddy lottery overnight.

Have genuinely lost track of the amount of times I have seen you say this - serious Groundhog Day buzz!

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

If we're basing the poll on fans think I'll have some input. Considering I work in a Stadium in the away end I get to see all 19 sets of fans coming in so 

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Best 3 have been Man City, surprise entry Liverpool and I'll say QPR for the sheer lack of numbers they bring to away games. It was too quiet </span>LOL

Chelsea fans especially were on another level of mongs but Utd were a very unpleasant lot

That because they didn't bring tricolours?

If you addressed them as 'Sir United Fan' you'd have been grand.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Have genuinely lost track of the amount of times I have seen you say this - serious Groundhog Day buzz!

Great film. Let's keep the buzz going.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:41pm
Rangers - Linfield - United - Chelsea.

In that order.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:43pm

In that order.

2 of those teams aren't in the Premier League

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:44pm

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Best 3 have been Man City, surprise entry Liverpool and I'll say QPR for the sheer lack of numbers they bring to away games. It was too quiet </span>LOL

That because they didn't bring tricolours?

If you addressed them as 'Sir United Fan' you'd have been grand.

Nah that was the Chelsea fans, so I called them Saint instead. The Rangers branch would of loved that Approve

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:53pm

In that order.

2 of those teams aren't in the Premier League

I still hate them

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 5:03pm

In that order.

why do you hate linfield?

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 5:04pm
Glad West Ham are getting zero in this thread. Clap

As a fan I was surprised to even see them on the shortlist. 

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 6:42pm

+1 f**k sakes you'd swear Liverpool fans caused Hillsboro the way rtid is going on , clown

Likewise cockney accents in heysel?? Ask me hole.

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 7:17pm

Wouldn't be the first time

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Glad West Ham are getting zero in this thread. Clap

As a fan I was surprised to even see them on the shortlist. 

Yeah as I said struggled to think of another team that wouldn't be picked because of rivallries. Know some people don't like them so threw them in. It was either them or Newcastle

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 9:55pm

Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

And we are off.

Is your position that thousands of Liverpool fans hopping the styles in the Leppings Lane end was not a factor in overcrowding the terrace?

In fact, don't bother. This will just be the usual 'you are out to get us' whinge that is why I hate Liverpool and their fans.

Sorry, but you're woefully uninformed on this.

Yes, I'm categorically saying that Liverpool fans didn't hop any turnstyles at Hillsborough. In fact, it's a completely new one on me, so much so you have me scratching my head. Normally it's the 'drunken, ticketless fans forced the gate' angle that usually gets pushed, although these days, only by those it suits to believe.

Neither of those things actually happened though and anyone who's even remotely informed about events that day has known that all along. All this has even been acknowledged as far back as both the Taylor Reports in August '89 and Jan '90, and more recently the HIP report in 2012. Don't know if you saw that one? It was in the news. David Cameron even personally apologised on behalf of the government, both for the events that day and the lies that were told. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mavTTc21sCY" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mavTTc21sCY

However, as soon as the SYP propagated the lie of drunken ticketless fans on the evening of 15/04/89 and it was reported by the BBC (and pushed by the Sun 4 days later) it became the overriding narrative. That's why the families of the victims fought for a quarter of a century to have these recognised as lies.

Coincidentally, just yesterday at the Hillsborough inquest, the man who claimed the gate had been forced - Chief Superintendent at the time David Duckenfield - admitted fully that he had given the order to open Gate C, again, all stuff that's been known all along. Have a look.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-31821211" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-31821211

"Thousands of Liverpool fans hopping the styles" though? New one on me. You can believe what you want, but what you believe couldn't be further away from the actual, acknowledged events of the day. But there ya go, I've "bothered". If you want to take on the facts, that's up to you. There's a million and one places you could start looking, but even about 2 min reading on google should see you good. I suppose, why bother though? Would mess with your narrative, wouldn't it.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:38pm

I was in the UK for work at the time.  I was at Arsenal v Newcastle on the day of the Hillsborough disaster.  Given most of my classmates growing up were Liverpool fans I could well have been there without a ticket.

You could pay on the day into the terraces in those years. 

The 96  were certainly 100% innocent victims.  The police made a catastrophic error in opening the gates. At the time Liverpool fans were blamed and the police exonerated.  It has now reached the stage where you cannot even mention the possibility that there were some drunk Liverpool fans outside without tickets or with tickets for the opposite end.   I doubt if we will ever know for sure what happened.    

I think Hillsborough was an accident waiting to happen and I can recall being in crushes (even at Millwall v Liverpool not long before it) and fearing for my safety. 

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 10:42am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

+1 f**k sakes you'd swear Liverpool fans caused Hillsboro the way rtid is going on , clown 
One of the contributary factors in the overcrowding was fans hopping styles and climbing walls without tickets. Its down the list, but its on it and the refusal of Liverpool fans to accept that they were partially to blame is par for their victimhood course.

-------------

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 11:08am
I remember seeing Irish fans hurdle the turnstyles back in the day in Lansdowne Road before they installed the full height ones.

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 11:17am

Why is that? I lived in London I never found them any more hated than many other London clubs. 

Of the modern reasons to hate them, they would fall into much the same category as the other clubs who've had huge loot pumped in by rich playboys.

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 12:37pm

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

One of the contributary factors in the overcrowding was fans hopping styles and climbing walls without tickets. Its down the list, but its on it and the refusal of Liverpool fans to accept that they were partially to blame is par for their victimhood course.

Of course a few jumped the barriers, thats what went on in them days, but thats not what caused the disaster, it may have attributed to 1% of it if even, can you not see the real issues here, you have been banging on about this one tiny piece for a couple of days now. You are doing anything to blame the fans

It was a disaster, and it was very unfortunate to happen, its not 100% the police fault, its number of factors that went wrong on the day but their involvement and cover up after the event was terrible. Unfortunately it was bound to happen somewhere in England 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Why is that? I lived in London I never found them any more hated than many other London clubs. 

Of the modern reasons to hate them, they would fall into much the same category as the other clubs who've had huge loot pumped in by rich playboys.

their fans are aggressively anti Irish

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 1:18pm
Chelsea are far from the Rangers or Linfield of the English leagues, as much as certain people appear to randomly want them to be.

I'm sure Rangers and Linfield look up to them, but the average Chelsea fan I'm sure couldn't give less of a sh*t about those two clubs.

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 1:21pm
http://www.theleftback.co.uk/images/Chelsea_Rangers_Linfield.jpg

of course 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 1:22pm

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 1:22pm

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 1:23pm
Oh my god, badges

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 1:25pm
goto google and put in the 3 names in a row then do the search , you will have your answer there...peas in a pod and w**kers all!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Oh my god, badges

Indeed. I stand corrected - some pleb has made a badge so it must be true. Embarrassed

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net