1 [1.30%]
2 [2.60%]
1 [1.30%]
6 [7.79%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Not talking about that.

As usual your bitterness clouds your judgement.

Go research soccer hooligans in the 70s and early 80s, its easily found on google and youtube.
You will rarely see Liverpool's name mentioned.

Then go and research who was in Brusseels that fateful night.
An awful lot of Scousers with cockney accents.

Do your research and get back to me.

PS I am in no way admonishing some Liverpool fans for Heysel in case some thick on here with half a brain thinks I am.

Bizarrely enough, all but 2 of the 14 convicted of manslaughter had Merseyside addresses. We cannot conclude from that they were scousers. Maybe they were cockneys residing on merseyside attracted there no doubt by the vast employment opportunites.

Just to add, those arrested were identified by Merseyside Police with the help of Anfield Stewards following a thrall through TV footage of the incident. The Police Officer who lead the investigation was at the match as a fan.....

Shows how cunning those sleeper Chelsea fans were - living on Merseyside attending Liverpool games  just waiting for their chance to embarrass Liverpool.  Or maybe Smith was just making up a pathetic excuse to deflect the blame. 
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:31pm
If we're basing the poll on fans think I'll have some input. Considering I work in a Stadium in the away end I get to see all 19 sets of fans coming in so 

Worst 3 have been Chelsea, Utd and surprise entry is Burnley.
Best 3 have been Man City, surprise entry Liverpool and I'll say QPR for the sheer lack of numbers they bring to away games. It was too quiet LOL

Chelsea fans especially were on another level of mongs but Utd were a very unpleasant lot

Edited by coyne - 12 Mar 2015 at 4:36pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

That aside no matter what Chelsea and City win, it'll never be considered an outstanding achievement in comparison to the great Liverpool teams of old who built their success without winning the Sugar Daddy lottery overnight.

Have genuinely lost track of the amount of times I have seen you say this - serious Groundhog Day buzz!

Edited by Devrozex - 12 Mar 2015 at 4:39pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

If we're basing the poll on fans think I'll have some input. Considering I work in a Stadium in the away end I get to see all 19 sets of fans coming in so 

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Best 3 have been Man City, surprise entry Liverpool and I'll say QPR for the sheer lack of numbers they bring to away games. It was too quiet </span>LOL

Chelsea fans especially were on another level of mongs but Utd were a very unpleasant lot

That because they didn't bring tricolours?

If you addressed them as 'Sir United Fan' you'd have been grand.

Edited by irishmufc - 12 Mar 2015 at 4:40pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

That aside no matter what Chelsea and City win, it'll never be considered an outstanding achievement in comparison to the great Liverpool teams of old who built their success without winning the Sugar Daddy lottery overnight.

Have genuinely lost track of the amount of times I have seen you say this - serious Groundhog Day buzz!

Great film. Let's keep the buzz going.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:41pm
Rangers - Linfield - United - Chelsea.

In that order.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

In that order.

2 of those teams aren't in the Premier League
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:44pm

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Best 3 have been Man City, surprise entry Liverpool and I'll say QPR for the sheer lack of numbers they bring to away games. It was too quiet </span>LOL

That because they didn't bring tricolours?

If you addressed them as 'Sir United Fan' you'd have been grand.

Nah that was the Chelsea fans, so I called them Saint instead. The Rangers branch would of loved that Approve
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:53pm

In that order.

2 of those teams aren't in the Premier League

I still hate them

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 5:03pm

In that order.

why do you hate linfield?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 5:04pm
Glad West Ham are getting zero in this thread. Clap

As a fan I was surprised to even see them on the shortlist. 
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

so liverpool unlike most major teams in the 70s and 80s did not have a significant hooligan problem and were only bit part players in the deaths of 39 Juventus fans after being infiltrated with hooligans from other clubs namely Chelsea. I am not having it

I will draw the line at blaming Liverpool fans in anyway for Hillsborough. Sneaking in certainly did not help but gross mismanagement and panic by the police were the cause. The cover up afterwards was equally disgraceful
<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> </span>

+1 f**k sakes you'd swear Liverpool fans caused Hillsboro the way rtid is going on , clown

Likewise cockney accents in heysel?? Ask me hole.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 7:17pm

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Liverpool by a country mile - Heysel will forever be an indelible stain .

Shows you know nothing about the history of English soccer hooliganism in the 70s and 80s.

So presumably you can point to other instances of mass murder by English fans at the time?

Chelsea because of what has been posted already, but the Murderers are a close second. The total refusal to take any reponsibility for their contributary behaviour at Hillborough and constant whinging does it for me.

Are you actually having a go at the families of those people killed in Hillsborough?

Wouldn't be the first time
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Glad West Ham are getting zero in this thread. Clap

As a fan I was surprised to even see them on the shortlist. 

Yeah as I said struggled to think of another team that wouldn't be picked because of rivallries. Know some people don't like them so threw them in. It was either them or Newcastle
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 9:55pm

Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Are you actually having a go at the families of those people killed in Hillsborough?

I am having a go at the Liverpool fans who snuck or forced their way into the Leppings Lane end and refuse to accept that this was one of the contributary factors to the disaster. And they pulled the same trick in Athens at the CL final.

You haven't a f*cking notion what you're talking about. Not surprised in the slightest you're regarded as a running joke on here.

And we are off.

Is your position that thousands of Liverpool fans hopping the styles in the Leppings Lane end was not a factor in overcrowding the terrace?

In fact, don't bother. This will just be the usual 'you are out to get us' whinge that is why I hate Liverpool and their fans.

Sorry, but you're woefully uninformed on this.

Yes, I'm categorically saying that Liverpool fans didn't hop any turnstyles at Hillsborough. In fact, it's a completely new one on me, so much so you have me scratching my head. Normally it's the 'drunken, ticketless fans forced the gate' angle that usually gets pushed, although these days, only by those it suits to believe.

Neither of those things actually happened though and anyone who's even remotely informed about events that day has known that all along. All this has even been acknowledged as far back as both the Taylor Reports in August '89 and Jan '90, and more recently the HIP report in 2012. Don't know if you saw that one? It was in the news. David Cameron even personally apologised on behalf of the government, both for the events that day and the lies that were told. 

However, as soon as the SYP propagated the lie of drunken ticketless fans on the evening of 15/04/89 and it was reported by the BBC (and pushed by the Sun 4 days later) it became the overriding narrative. That's why the families of the victims fought for a quarter of a century to have these recognised as lies.

Coincidentally, just yesterday at the Hillsborough inquest, the man who claimed the gate had been forced - Chief Superintendent at the time David Duckenfield - admitted fully that he had given the order to open Gate C, again, all stuff that's been known all along. Have a look.

"Thousands of Liverpool fans hopping the styles" though? New one on me. You can believe what you want, but what you believe couldn't be further away from the actual, acknowledged events of the day. But there ya go, I've "bothered". If you want to take on the facts, that's up to you. There's a million and one places you could start looking, but even about 2 min reading on google should see you good. I suppose, why bother though? Would mess with your narrative, wouldn't it.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 10:38pm

I was in the UK for work at the time.  I was at Arsenal v Newcastle on the day of the Hillsborough disaster.  Given most of my classmates growing up were Liverpool fans I could well have been there without a ticket.

You could pay on the day into the terraces in those years. 

The 96  were certainly 100% innocent victims.  The police made a catastrophic error in opening the gates. At the time Liverpool fans were blamed and the police exonerated.  It has now reached the stage where you cannot even mention the possibility that there were some drunk Liverpool fans outside without tickets or with tickets for the opposite end.   I doubt if we will ever know for sure what happened.    

I think Hillsborough was an accident waiting to happen and I can recall being in crushes (even at Millwall v Liverpool not long before it) and fearing for my safety. 
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 10:42am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

+1 f**k sakes you'd swear Liverpool fans caused Hillsboro the way rtid is going on , clown 
One of the contributary factors in the overcrowding was fans hopping styles and climbing walls without tickets. Its down the list, but its on it and the refusal of Liverpool fans to accept that they were partially to blame is par for their victimhood course.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 11:08am
I remember seeing Irish fans hurdle the turnstyles back in the day in Lansdowne Road before they installed the full height ones.

Edited by eire77 - 13 Mar 2015 at 11:08am
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic