Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 370371372373374>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Ah Gaffney is superb. Granted, he is not a 'goal machine'. Kenny is only 20. Think people sometimes forget that.

Not many top tier strikers out there

No money in winning the league. The big bucks is in Europe. Gaffney isnt up to it at that level nor Kenny either. Its a big world out there. You have to take a chance on someone who could potentially have that extra quality. They shud open the piggy bank.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ah Gaffney is superb. Granted, he is not a 'goal machine'. Kenny is only 20. Think people sometimes forget that.

No money in winning the league. The big bucks is in Europe. Gaffney isnt up to it at that level nor Kenny either. Its a big world out there. You have to take a chance on someone who could potentially have that extra quality. They shud open the piggy bank.

Money is a problem!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 9:52pm
Always thought Gaffney was a decent player

He picks up good positions and is a very intelligent player.  If some ungrateful Rovers fans don't want him, I'd love if Pats went in for him. He has a relatively low scoring rate at Rovers but I assume it's because he plays out wide a bit? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Always thought Gaffney was a decent player

He picks up good positions and is a very intelligent player.  If some ungrateful Rovers fans don't want him, I'd love if Pats went in for him. He has a relatively low scoring rate at Rovers but I assume it's because he plays out wide a bit? 

Yes, absolutely. He is a f**king beast 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 10:06pm
Eye he a good player but that's it. Id expect Shams to be looking for someone who could bring them to another level in Europe. How many midfielders have they now. Enough for 3 teams but no real top quality striker.
I love beer gardens
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 3:53am
Gaffney is a very good player but does too much of his work outside the box. There didn't seem to be any interest but I wonder if Rovers tried to bid for Hoban at all. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 5:01pm

Money is a problem!

How and since when?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Money is a problem!

How and since when?
The early exit from Europe last year means last season would have been loss making to the tune of over €1.5 mill. Was money in he bank from the previous year but the budget for this season would have been adjusted down.

Edited by Borussia - 05 Feb 2024 at 5:05pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 5:09pm
I thought it was going to be smaller budget but not as bad as first feared

Good bit of it covered in this

"The filing of 2022 accounts to the Companies Registration Office last week led to positive headlines about an after-tax profit of €1.6 million, but internally there was a degree of discomfort around the publicity because next year the bottom line will be a loss in the region of €2m."

Edited by The GerK - 05 Feb 2024 at 5:10pm
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 6:42pm
Group stages in Europe or Rovers will be selling the members owned share of the club this year to plug the gap .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Group stages in Europe or Rovers will be selling the members owned share of the club this year to plug the gap .

Last group stages they got to they didnt really throw everything into it. Given the fact that it was half a mill for a draw and a mill for a win they didnt do enough. 
I love beer gardens
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 7:03pm

Euro qualification for Bohs or they will have to sack the climate officer
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 7:19pm
His job is safe so 
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 8:16pm
Fighting talk
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 8:37pm

His job is safe so 
LOL
BohsJohnny View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsJohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 8:42pm

Euro qualification for Bohs or they will have to sack the climate officer
Didn't know you could sack a volunteer 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 12:12am
Very optimistic about 5 in a row, none of the pretenders have strengthened 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Very optimistic about 5 in a row, none of the pretenders have strengthened 
I would say it’s absolutely nailed on 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 370371372373374>
  Share Topic