You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327328329 374>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

What kind of state are Ludogorets in these days, Will Rovers have a chance?
Ludogorets are odds on for a good result Smile.....very good last night, be it against poor opposition. Gaffneys outburst is not acceptable behaviour from a Rovers player.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 3:49pm
CH
Very good result for your boys.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 11:12pm
Likely to be playing Ludogorets next. 

Shaquille Pinas probably their biggest threat, offering penetration from centre-back.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 11:20pm
From what I can make out it looks like Rovers are guaranteed a conference league playoff at a minimum once they get through this round.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 7:13am
Just saw the highlights there. How Gaffney didn't get sent off I'll never know  LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 7:34pm
have to say Rovers seem the best club in the country both on and off the pitch. Great stadium(ok I know they didn't pay for it) but they have the use of it. Lots of young players coming through  also getting good money for players they sell. I am not a fan of there's but one has to say someone is doing something right out there.
alive and kicking
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

have to say Rovers seem the best club in the country both on and off the pitch. Great stadium(ok I know they didn't pay for it) but they have the use of it. Lots of young players coming through  also getting good money for players they sell. I am not a fan of there's but one has to say someone is doing something right out there.
They are doing the off pitch stuff we’ll credit to them where it’s due. But, and I know this sounds like a bitter bohs fan having a go but I feel it’s a valid point, they are financially propped up by two people. One a lifelong fan who would only have good intentions and Desmond , who got a big stake for his wonga.
They ain’t member owned as they claim but partially member owned so operating with a big big financial clout.
They and Derry will dominate for years the rest cannot compete , but then they have the resource to do that.
Be interesting to watch the scramble for third, and the subsequent euro payoff by the next in line clubs, ie pats Sligo drogheda , followed by the entirely members club bohs and the maybe money of shels.
No Pasaran!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

They are doing the off pitch stuff we’ll credit to them where it’s due. But, and I know this sounds like a bitter bohs fan having a go but I feel it’s a valid point, they are financially propped up by two people. One a lifelong fan who would only have good intentions and Desmond , who got a big stake for his wonga.
They ain’t member owned as they claim but partially member owned so operating with a big big financial clout.
They and Derry will dominate for years the rest cannot compete , but then they have the resource to do that.
Be interesting to watch the scramble for third, and the subsequent euro payoff by the next in line clubs, ie pats Sligo drogheda , followed by the entirely members club bohs and the maybe money of shels.
Good points - luckily we use the monet right this time after the catastrophic period under Kenny who wasted a fortune. And always good to have a ready supply of good young players coming from our feeder club.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 10:00pm
especially as you appear incapable of finding them yourselves, road stone appears a quick route to England!! Filling the child labour void once occupied by ddsl, well done youWink
No Pasaran!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Good points - luckily we use the monet right this time after the catastrophic period under Kenny who wasted a fortune. And always good to have a ready supply of good young players coming from our feeder club.

Big smile to be continued 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 9:51pm
Deano Thumbs Up . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 10:01pm
ssm, how is that lad not still at your lot? Miles ahead of Greene very good player.
No Pasaran!
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 7:10am
Not the only time I have been nonplussed with our transfer policies OB. Maybe its agreed he will come back to us if needed or something like that . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 12:15pm

Am not entirely sure what the negative point re rovers is?
They've the best set up by a mile. Class stadium, class training facilities, class youth set up. They're not 100 per cent fan owned, but partially fan owned. They've a multimillionaire supporter who owns one part of club (not in it for money) and a multimillionaire who was talked into getting involved who obviously won't be looking for money either with what he's worth.

It's the best set up in ireland by a country mile 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 12:35pm
Be great if other clubs also got backing of millionares who are not necessarily looking for a return. 
Defo the best set up.

I hear they have a transition year program where youth rovers players will leave their regular school during transition year and instead do transition year at rovers where they will be thought as normal but also having more contact time with the football coaches there. Great scheme it sounds like 

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Jul 2022 at 12:35pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 12:49pm
Ashfield College? That's where Bazunu was going before he left.

I think Pats have a similar arrangement with another private school, can't remember which one.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Be great if other clubs also got backing of millionares who are not necessarily looking for a return. 

That’s the key. I’m all for supporter owned clubs in principal (I’m a fcum supporter in England), but I think the difference is if you’ve multimillionaire businessmen in it solely for the love of their club, subsidising it, etc, it’s the only way league of Ireland clubs can realistically progress. Supporter owned will only bring you so far at our level.

Derry seem to have struck gold too - not sure about the Galway lads?

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Defo the best set up.

I hear they have a transition year program where youth rovers players will leave their regular school during transition year and instead do transition year at rovers where they will be thought as normal but also having more contact time with the football coaches there. Great scheme it sounds like 

I think theres going to be a group from the u17 girls team taking part in it this year too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327328329 374>
  Share Topic