You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 311312313314315 374>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Southstandman Southstandman wrote:

Four and a half thousand tickets sold so far for tomorrows game V Pats - expect another five hundred or so to pay in at the gate . I see we have given four of our rivals a Cat A status and those games will be at 20 euros entrance fee - extra costs to host etc . The Cat A games are V Bohs , Pats Shels , and Dundalk. Bring on Billy to moan his tits off Wink . 

I hate that type of pricing Angry

Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 9:54am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

considering yore claiming 2k plus season tickets that’s not great, I mean by loi standards it’s a decent crowd but defending champions vs cup holders first match?
Are you counting pats tickets there? They’ll surely be after a thousand at least, always bring a good number to tallaght?

It's effectively a friendly, they're good numbers. 
First competitive(sort of ) game, you’d think they’d be snapping for a game.I suppose though rovers are lucky that they have the space for extra walk up on the day, will more than likely get a good few there.
No Pasaran!
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

considering yore claiming 2k plus season tickets that’s not great, I mean by loi standards it’s a decent crowd but defending champions vs cup holders first match?
Are you counting pats tickets there? They’ll surely be after a thousand at least, always bring a good number to tallaght?

I expect about 6 thou. But ya never know - could sell out . Andy injured a drag . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Four and a half thousand tickets sold so far for tomorrows game V Pats - expect another five hundred or so to pay in at the gate . I see we have given four of our rivals a Cat A status and those games will be at 20 euros entrance fee - extra costs to host etc . The Cat A games are V Bohs , Pats Shels , and Dundalk. Bring on Billy to moan his tits off Wink . 

Extra costs to host? More people in anyway, there's no extra cost to host that isn't incremental and would've been covered by increased attendances. 

Defo more security when we play Bohs/Pats . Costs more the more security needed . 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

I hate that type of pricing Angry

Me too . Season ticket your answer there . 200 euros for the season - easy drink that much in a weekend . Makes sense Wink . 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 12:50am
First trophy of the year as meaningless as it is.....expect a challange from Pat's and Derry. Think O' Donnell made a serious f**k up  going to the town. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Yurt View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 2:49am
Does anyone know what the attendance was in the end? Must have been close enough to a sell out on a horrible evening for a game.

Enjoyable enough game to watch as a neutral. That Pats were the better side for most the game and then it was all Rovers for the last 25 or so. Probably should have found a way to win the game in normal time.

It's obviously just one game but would have had Rovers to win the league at a canter this morning but now it seems like there may not be that much daylight between them and the rest.

Looking forward to next week's games.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

First trophy of the year as meaningless as it is.....expect a challange from Pat's and Derry. Think O' Donnell made a serious f**k up  going to the town. 

The strength depth of the rovers squad is ridiculous at this level. The triple sub changed the game as pats midfield, having been the better of the two, began to tire. 

I thought rovers were more vulnerable at the back than usual. Lopez well make a difference there i guess. 

The league is definitely on an upward trajectory. Serious crowd for a preseason game. Tolka will sell out next week too i bet. The clubs are doing good work to capitalise on the enthusiasm. Good teams looking to play football with local young lads for the most part. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 1:47pm
Pats better as the gaffer said . Press us as we try to play out from the back and we crap ourselves . Pats through ball in the first period showed us up and should have produced at least a couple of goals . I know we will improve with Pico and Andy . Bradley has a few decisions to make - thought Lee looked leggy- hope thats early season lack of fitness . Hoare panics if pressed too and Alan saved his blushes a few times . 
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Yurt Yurt wrote:

Does anyone know what the attendance was in the end? Must have been close enough to a sell out on a horrible evening for a game.

Enjoyable enough game to watch as a neutral. That Pats were the better side for most the game and then it was all Rovers for the last 25 or so. Probably should have found a way to win the game in normal time.

It's obviously just one game but would have had Rovers to win the league at a canter this morning but now it seems like there may not be that much daylight between them and the rest.

Looking forward to next week's games.

Attendance was around 5400 I think
Rolling boh View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 8:30pm
that is a decent enough crowd for  a little more than a tune up for the season  .
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 4:44pm
South Stand sold out . Still a few left for the East and Main Stands . When ya think of the weather etc its great to see the enthusiasm. Shels/Pats a sell out as well is great news . LOI Thumbs Up
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 4:59pm

South Stand sold out . Still a few left for the East and Main Stands . When ya think of the weather etc its great to see the enthusiasm. Shels/Pats a sell out as well is great news . LOI Thumbs Up
seems to be an increase in ST sales for most teams. Good stuff!
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 5:45pm
always a good turn out on the 1st matchday anyway. lets just hope it continues. be great to see 3 or 4 thousand minimum at each match. unlikely at a lot of games though which is a shame.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 10:38pm
After a few let offs early on (( Manus superb saves )) we were never in any real danger . Never got out of third gear for me but the 3 goals could have been 5 or 6 .  Jack , Dylan and Danny playing together are gonna hurt teams . Pico so steady in the defense . 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 10:45pm
5426 runny noses in Tallaght tonight  . 
Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 11:01pm
Great start. Puts it up to rest of the teams in the league.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 9:05am
Lousy bad luck Neil Farrugia last night ,looks like another hammer injury. Hope he gets back soon .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 311312313314315 374>
  Share Topic