You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 374>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Heading to the match tonight, where would most of yer lot be supping beforehand?

Cat and Cage/Fagans/that old mans pub beside fagans I'd imagine
Sponsored Links

AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Heading to the match tonight, where would most of yer lot be supping beforehand?

Cat and Cage/Fagans/that old mans pub beside fagans I'd imagine

Sound
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 12:58pm
Quietly fancy a win tonight.
Better team earlier in the season and the final score line flattered them in Flower Lodge in the second meeting.Wink
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 10:37pm
Won it on merit / graft and we wanted that result tonight . Fkuc off langers and get yer title somewhere else ....
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 12:26am
So that's 6 wins in a row including 2 wins against Cork in less than a month!

Rovers are most definitely improving, now that the players have had plenty of time to firmly get to grips with Bradley's tactics/systems etc but sure the usual suspects will no doubt try discredit him and Rovers whatever way they can.....

Laughable looking back on the comments that Bradley is out of his depth, Bradley will be out of a job soon etc.

It's so obvious that when a manager completely overhauls a clubs playing staff and tries to implement a different brand of football and philosophy it more often than not takes a good 6-12 months for it to bear fruit provided the players were good enough too!

They've still a long way to go to match Cork and Dundalk over the course of 33 games but they will definitely close the gap next season. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 12:35am
Seen a post on FB the under 15s were training at 6:30 in the morning trained by Bradley and Damien Duff and were fed propperly after, nutrition etc. Any other club taking these measures? Surely a step in the right direction!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 12:51am
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Seen a post on FB the under 15s were training at 6:30 in the morning trained by Bradley and Damien Duff and were fed propperly after, nutrition etc. Any other club taking these measures? Surely a step in the right direction!

I actually met the Shamrocks Rovers S&C at a coaching conference recently, told us what lengths Shamrock Rovers are going to with nutrition, education, player development, pathways to progression etc from underage right up to the senior side.

My cousin's 2 boys are up with Rovers under 7's and under 10's teams respectively at the moment, he drives up between 3 and 4 times a week with both of them from Carlow and can't praise the coaches enough with how the club has everything planned and running like clockwork in just about every aspect you can think of. 

The naysayers will no doubt that the club does this wrong and that run Sleepy

I for one think it's fantastic what they're doing and hope many others clubs follow suit! 

Cork City will have the new FAI centre of excellence on their doorstep so exciting times ahead for the club too.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I actually met the Shamrocks Rovers S&C at a coaching conference recently, told us what lengths Shamrock Rovers are going to with nutrition, education, player development, pathways to progression etc from underage right up to the senior side.

My cousin's 2 boys are up with Rovers under 7's and under 10's teams respectively at the moment, he drives up between 3 and 4 times a week with both of them from Carlow and can't praise the coaches enough with how the club has everything planned and running like clockwork in just about every aspect you can think of. 

I for one think it's fantastic what they're doing and hope many others clubs follow suit! 

Cork City will have the new FAI centre of excellence on their doorstep so exciting times ahead for the club too.
thats a lot of travel from them young kids. Will be in the car twice as long as they will play football
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:48am

Rovers are most definitely improving, now that the players have had plenty of time to firmly get to grips with Bradley's tactics/systems etc but sure the usual suspects will no doubt try discredit him and Rovers whatever way they can.....

Laughable looking back on the comments that Bradley is out of his depth, Bradley will be out of a job soon etc.

It's so obvious that when a manager completely overhauls a clubs playing staff and tries to implement a different brand of football and philosophy it more often than not takes a good 6-12 months for it to bear fruit provided the players were good enough too!

They've still a long way to go to match Cork and Dundalk over the course of 33 games but they will definitely close the gap next season. 

Do you know something about Bradley that we don't?

It's not laughable to suggest that that club with the biggest budget compete for the league, beating Cork twice is a good achievement of course, but they're still 26 points and 40 odd goals behind them

I think if you ask most fans of the other LOI clubs fans they'll be happy enough to leave Bradley there next season and many more.

This next season talk has been around for quite some time.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:44am
True - we have had false dawns over the years, thats football . This team both the senior and younger lads want to play for Bradley - they have bought into his ideas . The fans have got behind Bradser too and its plainly obvious we are improving . We have moved on from the greedy ***t and his spineless attitude we hated - we have moved on from from Nutsy God bless him LOL and are a much better team yet still a work in progress that will be far better next season . Would ya put yer last tenner on the six toes or the langers to beat us in the Cup ?? ( all respect to B"bell ) . Furures bright AND GREEN. W A R . 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

It's not laughable to suggest that that club with the biggest budget compete for the league, beating Cork twice is a good achievement of course, but they're still 26 points and 40 odd goals behind them

I think if you ask most fans of the other LOI clubs fans they'll be happy enough to leave Bradley there next season and many more.

And for good reason, you can't just throw money at something when there is a complete overhaul going on at a club in terms of playing staff, management (to an extent) style of play, tactics etc and to expect everything to just fall into place in a short period of time.

For sure you can find teams who are exceptions in regard to instant success but they are few and far between, even professional footballers find it difficult to adapt to new methods/systems straight away.

It wouldn't be crazy to suggest that the Dundalk side between 2014 - 2016 were one of the best Irish club sides of all time? This current Cork side are very settled and the majority have played with each other for a few seasons now and have raised the bar this season in the League.

So it's very hard to expect a young manager with a new team, with new ideas/systems to bridge the gap after a season when you have two very good teams in Cork and Dundalk!

I would put money on it right now that Rovers will most definitely shave off 10 points next season if not more (depending on who they sign/lose in the transfer market)

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:49am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

thats a lot of travel from them young kids. Will be in the car twice as long as they will play football

Despite the standard of football/facilities and to a lesser extent coaching all improving in Carlow, if any young kid has dreams of getting trials across the water or has the potential to make a living in Ireland he has to leave Carlow and it's that simple.

My parents brought me up and down to Dublin 3 and 4 times a week for 2 years when I was in my mid teens. 

Wexford FC and Waterford United are hoovering up all the top talent around Carlow at the minute, think there are 5 in total down with Wexford's first team and about 10 between Wexford/Waterford playing underage. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 12:34pm

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

And for good reason, you can't just throw money at something when there is a complete overhaul going on at a club in terms of playing staff, management (to an extent) style of play, tactics etc and to expect everything to just fall into place in a short period of time.

For sure you can find teams who are exceptions in regard to instant success but they are few and far between, even professional footballers find it difficult to adapt to new methods/systems straight away.

It wouldn't be crazy to suggest that the Dundalk side between 2014 - 2016 were one of the best Irish club sides of all time? This current Cork side are very settled and the majority have played with each other for a few seasons now and have raised the bar this season in the League.

So it's very hard to expect a young manager with a new team, with new ideas/systems to bridge the gap after a season when you have two very good teams in Cork and Dundalk!

I would put money on it right now that Rovers will most definitely shave off 10 points next season if not more (depending on who they sign/lose in the transfer market)

2015 65 points +29 goals 3rd
2016 55 points +12 goals 4th
2017 55 points +10 goals 4th (estimate)

If they shave 10 points off they're back to where they were in 2015.
It's great they're investing in underage football, it's much needed although I would question taking in a kid from Carlow, as to the benefits for him & the club.

Bradley's man management and mouth been called into question many times, him berating a clearly concussed midfielder who he played out of position springs to mind immediately.

Fans getting behind a manager is great to see but I just can't see what the big deal is.
Your own infatuation with Bradley is a strange one too
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 1:47pm
Can you honestly see Dundalk or Cork maintaining their points averages of the past 2 seasons? I can't tbh. 

For sure Bradley has his flaws, I'm not arguing that for one second! Man management is something that managers learn from experience in how to handle situations better and you get that with age. 

I like Bradley's ideas, coaching philosophy etc as a young and aspiring coach myself and how Rovers are going about their business with the clubs structure from underage up etc Hardly infatuation?

I could easily spin it around and say just read back through the last 60 pages here and look at how obsessed so many non Rovers are with him and the club? Funnily enough there are certain posters who have been more vocal about Bradley than me be it good or bad....

Why would you question Rovers taking a kid from Carlow Confused What has a players county got to do with anything? DDSL clubs have multiple young lads from around here playing with them year in year out.

I'm not talking the kid up because he's related to me but Southampton are supposedly watching him closely, would this happen if he was playing in the Carlow League? No....

Edited by Green Devil - 02 Sep 2017 at 1:48pm

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 3:27pm

Can you honestly see Dundalk or Cork maintaining their points averages of the past 2 seasons? I can't tbh. 

For sure Bradley has his flaws, I'm not arguing that for one second! Man management is something that managers learn from experience in how to handle situations better and you get that with age. 

I like Bradley's ideas, coaching philosophy etc as a young and aspiring coach myself and how Rovers are going about their business with the clubs structure from underage up etc Hardly infatuation?

I could easily spin it around and say just read back through the last 60 pages here and look at how obsessed so many non Rovers are with him and the club? Funnily enough there are certain posters who have been more vocal about Bradley than me be it good or bad....

Why would you question Rovers taking a kid from Carlow Confused What has a players county got to do with anything? DDSL clubs have multiple young lads from around here playing with them year in year out.

I'm not talking the kid up because he's related to me but Southampton are supposedly watching him closely, would this happen if he was playing in the Carlow League? No....

Would fully expect Dundalk to hit 70 or so next season, if Cork find a goalscorer I'd expect them to go close. If Rovers find a goalscorer ( am amazed Bradley hasn't addressed this) id expect them to be around 60.
My point on Bradley is that pretty much any of the current managers could & would achieve exactly what he has so far with that group of players and why should that be celebrated?
Any team with Burke, Miele, Finn, Clarke etc should be scoring & creating by the bucket load... but they're 5th in the scoring stakes
As I said I'm all for young managers getting support I just don't see it with Bradley.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 7:32am
Rovers getting to a few peeps on the forum ............grand. The disappointment will be bigger the bigger the failed opinions / predictions . I know as I have upped our league chances into orbit over the recent years only to crash land under sihte managers . We are quietly moving in the right direction and the fans are going with that . It took the bitter big mouth in cork 3/4 seasons was it with a good side  to get a title ....tho folk may say being a langer brings with it bottlers desease LOL .
KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:52am
Caulfield has a lack of class that is embarrassing for Cork. If you can't even be a good winner it says it all about you
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 8:46pm
I see Bradser was sent off during Rovers v Kevins u15 game today. Great example
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 374>
  Share Topic