You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 374>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 8:53am
Hopefully this finals in Tallaght, We will have more fans than Irelands so called number 1 no matter where it's on!
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Sponsored Links

Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Hopefully this finals in Tallaght, We will have more fans than Irelands so called number 1 no matter where it's on!

Hopefully so, it's a cup final, playing it on a rubber pitch would be unbecoming. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:44am

LOLLOLLOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 12:43pm

Given the last time you met in the final it was played in Oriel Park I think you will get your wish.  
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Were Derry good or Rovers bad ? Went to Bohs and thought it was a poor game . I thought Bohs would have pushed on after the previous good results Maybe a point gained after Rovers defeat

I thought Rovers played pretty well on the night against a more than decent Derry team. Difference was taking the chances.  I thought it was a very high standard game and considering how Rovers were playing 13 months ago under Fenlon and before that Croly, I'm disappointed at the result but certainly not despondent with this team or this management.

McNamee is a class player, but I felt the Derry players gloating at the 2nd goal in front of the East Stand was anything but classy.

As for last night, two strong teams gave this game a real edge but Caulfield is gonna have to start accepting stuff that goes wrong.  Doona was excellent when he came on and I enjoyed the game.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

McNamee is a class player, but I felt the Derry players gloating at the 2nd goal in front of the East Stand was anything but classy.

Absolute low life carry from them. Rovers fans respectfully remembered Ryan McBride in the fifth minute and then they get it spat back in their faces.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:38pm

Were Derry good or Rovers bad ? Went to Bohs and thought it was a poor game . I thought Bohs would have pushed on after the previous good results Maybe a point gained after Rovers defeat

I thought Rovers played pretty well on the night against a more than decent Derry team. Difference was taking the chances.  I thought it was a very high standard game and considering how Rovers were playing 13 months ago under Fenlon and before that Croly, I'm disappointed at the result but certainly not despondent with this team or this management.

As for last night, two strong teams gave this game a real edge but Caulfield is gonna have to start accepting stuff that goes wrong.  Doona was excellent when he came on and I enjoyed the game.

Football genius Stephen Bradley hasn't managed this despite having a lot more go wrong for him so I find this comment a bit strange.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:41pm

[QUOTE=Butch]

Complete moment of madness from Bennett to stick his leg in like that, such a stupid thing to do and it was a deserved straight red card. Sickener to lose it in the way we did but proud of the lads for putting up such a front for so long with 10 men. Doona and Clarke are going to be serious players, Burke maybe not so much. Shane Griffan was outstanding for City, straight replacement for Kevin O'Connor, if not dare I say better. Pity we never replaced Maguire. 
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Absolute low life carry from them. Rovers fans respectfully remembered Ryan McBride in the fifth minute and then they get it spat back in their faces.

Couldn't agree more with this.   

It was actually a bit odd when it happened because there hadn't been any serious 'needle' between both sides or sets of supporters.

At least Akinade's actions were understandable in the previous match because he had been getting so much stick (and rightly so) from the East Stand. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Football genius Stephen Bradley hasn't managed this despite having a lot more go wrong for him so I find this comment a bit strange.

The defeat to Bohs he was moaning and groaning, he was banging on about Bennett being "innocent" last night when your own fan in a post above said Bennett deserved the red.  Bradley knows the limitations of his squad and season and in games we've lost hasn't resorted to the sh*te Caulfield has come out with.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 5:08pm

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

The defeat to Bohs he was moaning and groaning, he was banging on about Bennett being "innocent" last night when your own fan in a post above said Bennett deserved the red.  Bradley knows the limitations of his squad and season and in games we've lost hasn't resorted to the sh*te Caulfield has come out with.

Just because I said Bennett deserved to go doesnt mean I was in any way defending Bradders either, he's a complete and utter spoof but the only silver lining from last night is that it has probably saved his job for another year and we get to see him next year aswell. 
KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 5:26pm
Makes me laugh when I see fans of other teams on here sl*gging off Bradser, he started with almost a complete new team this year , he can be judged at the end of next season, the idea that he is under pressure is laughable.
It shows how out of touch they are.
Great win last night , with only a few players for next year to be added we will be far more competitive from the start of the season.

The Jackal View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 6:05pm
The stewards in the away end didn't want the final in Tallaght 'I'd rather deal with Bohs than them bunch of hillbillies.'
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 6:12pm
All terrified The Hoops are well on track to once again reign . Time to let the Gimp see the light of day Sham LOL . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 7:12pm
R

Edited by Stillhuntinghenry - 08 Aug 2017 at 7:13pm
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Ah the old "we showed some common decency so you shouldn't celebrate winning" logic.

3rd plays 4th, European spot for grabs, away from home, late winner - and you expect these young lads not to celebrate ? You'd be better off going to watch lawn bowls chap

"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 8:33pm
I'm never bothered by people celebrating ....remember sean boyd celebrating in front of bohs.
I draw the line at akinade who bohs shouldn't allow play for them but outside of that I think it adds to the atmosphere at matches.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 8:55am
Originally posted by KOH KOH wrote:

Makes me laugh when I see fans of other teams on here sl*gging off Bradser, he started with almost a complete new team this year , he can be judged at the end of next season, the idea that he is under pressure is laughable.
It shows how out of touch they are.
Great win last night , with only a few players for next year to be added we will be far more competitive from the start of the season.

Indeed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 374>
  Share Topic