You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 374>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ONLY1ROVERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 1:16pm
Of course Bradley is under pressure, he is the manager of the countries finest and biggest club, unlike a  manager of the bozos were failure and relegation battles are accepted as the norm.
Sponsored Links

Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by EastStandMan EastStandMan wrote:

dudnalk wont win anything this season and will disappear up their own arses as a consequense / playing to crowds of 100 or so . They are an irrelevance waiting to happen............

When have we played to crowds of 100 or so?

We had bigger crowds in Div 1 than Rovers had! 

2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by gino_brazil gino_brazil wrote:

Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Bradley will surely be under pressure if Bohs finish ahead of Rovers, considering the budget Rovers have compared to Bohs and every Rovers fans saying Bohs were in a relegation fight

No pressure from fans. The difference between the first and second round of games won over a lot of fans. Basically, we dropped a lot of points at the start of the season because we needed to sort out our central defence and moving Lopes made a dramatic difference. The signing of Grace will help shore our defence up further although the Lopes injury is a set back.

With the Dundalk squad disintegrating at the end of the season and a Maguire-less rendering Cork impotent, I think most Rovers fans would be optimistic about our future prospects under Bradley.

You know more than most in Dundalk, care to fill us in?
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by ONLY1ROVERS ONLY1ROVERS wrote:

Of course Bradley is under pressure, he is the manager of the countries finest and biggest club, unlike a  manager of the bozos were failure and relegation battles are accepted as the norm.

Clowns like you are the reason this forum is gone to sh1t.

You haven't uttered one word of sense in the last week.
Bohs Till I Die
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 6:57pm
Not been looking at Grace so hope the stuff Ive been hearing is on the money - shoe in Fri V the drummers if fit. We need to win this particularly after the no show V the bozos . We are easily worth the third place and need to believe in ourselves . One thing ,,,,lots of good stuff said re Trevor and his work rate is great but he tends to run into cul de sacs up the left and looses the fkucin ball too many times for my liking - pass the ball Trev or cross it , you got a lovely left peg on you . Simon does his best raiding when running on to a pass but he aint getting THAT sort of service nearly enough lately - mon men , it aint rocket bleedin science . Should get a healthy enough crowd even tho its on the box again . Cant wait as per usual - Cmon the Hoops . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 12:53pm
A belated welcome to the new signings . Best of luck lads Thumbs Up . 
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:26pm
I'd be friendly with Lee grace and his family, moved very nearly didn't happen. it was 3rd offer from Bradley at 4pm that persuaded him, he had to get to Dublin in 2 hours to sign in time for deadline. Hunty is his agent and securing him a 2 1/2 year deal was the main seller. Its a lot of security for a guy who quit the army to go full time with Galway last Christmas. Rovers have a got a good one im looking forward to seeing him progress

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by John W John W wrote:

I'd be friendly with Lee grace and his family, moved very nearly didn't happen. it was 3rd offer from Bradley at 4pm that persuaded him, he had to get to Dublin in 2 hours to sign in time for deadline. Hunty is his agent and securing him a 2 1/2 year deal was the main seller. Its a lot of security for a guy who quit the army to go full time with Galway last Christmas. Rovers have a got a good one im looking forward to seeing him progress

Good info that, thanks . 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:34am
Nothing on the W/Site about player availabillity for the game . Hope to fkuc they are all awake for 8 bells tonight . Cmon the Hoops . 
Hoops1724 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoops1724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 2:12pm
Ronan Finn is back while Sam Bone, Roberto Lopes, Paul Corry and Danny Devine are out according to the website

Massive game tonight

Edited by Hoops1724 - 04 Aug 2017 at 2:13pm
21 League Title's and FAI 25 Cups - Shamrock Rovers FC - Ireland's Number One!
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 2:56pm
Massive indeed, we've a terrible recent record v Derry and with Lopes still out, we gotta hope young Grace hits the ground running, certainly the Galway fans have all been raving about him so we seem to have gained a decent player.

Really looking forward to this one.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 3:37pm
Finner back??,, thank feck for that . If he is tooned in he can run the show and I love the way he comes up from behind ya these days and nips the ball away off yer toe . Buzzing for this - if we beat em I think we can kick on and consolidate third spot . Be loud lads .  W A R . 
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 7:58pm
Much smaller crowd there then last week
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 12:04pm
Least you won your cup final Vs us

Players on holidays since then
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 3:03pm
Were Derry good or Rovers bad ? Went to Bohs and thought it was a poor game . I thought Bohs would have pushed on after the previous good results Maybe a point gained after Rovers defeat
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Were Derry good or Rovers bad ? Went to Bohs and thought it was a poor game . I thought Bohs would have pushed on after the previous good results Maybe a point gained after Rovers defeat

Bit of both, but probably more Rovers bad.  They'd a few decent enough shots, but a real lack of shots on target.  I'd expected more off them.
Derry played our usual passing game, content to let Rovers have possession in thier own half.  Wasn't until late in the second half that we became a bit more agressive.
The first goal completely wrong-footed Chincinski.  The replay footage makes it look worse than it was, I think.
Second was a great effort from McNamee into the empty net from just inside the Rovers half, towards the touchline.  I thought it was slightly early for Chincinski to come up for the corner (still three minutes to go), but he obviously had authorisation from Bradley.
To be fair to Chincinski, he'd a cracker save in the first half from a free kick.  Looking forward to seeing that again.

Super win for us, a decent gap between ourselves and Rovers now.  Also, fair play to the Rovers fans for the round of applause for McBride in the fifth minute.  Lovely touch.

Edited by brendy_éire - 07 Aug 2017 at 1:02pm
City Till I Die
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 2:21pm
Rovers are a great price at 7/4, we are still learning how to adapt to life after seani.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Pearse1879 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearse1879 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 6:11pm
Game on tv tonight?

Edited by Pearse1879 - 10 Aug 2017 at 1:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 374>
  Share Topic