Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 375>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 7:22pm
http://www.vipbox.nu/sports/football.html

This is the one that worked for me Tuesday.
Sponsored Links

Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 10:19pm
Judging by the last few matches, rovers are going to have to spend massively in the off-season to even compete next year. Absolutely miles off the pace
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 11:58pm
Rovers were shocking tonight. 
Ahh heya!
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 1:18am
m
Pity the poor Ultras flag got burned not once but twice during the game
for a team that don't matter, attacking buses on the way in and 20 odd flares, thought we didn't matter?

Edited by Twoinarow - 15 Oct 2016 at 9:26am
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Mr.Mojo Risin' Mr.Mojo Risin' wrote:

Rovers were shocking tonight. 

Average age of 12 what do you expect
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 12:04pm
I presume there will be a fine on the way to Rovers from FAI HQ for the use of flares but anyone see the front page of the sports supplement on today's Irish Independent? Surely that is a better advertisement for the league than an empty ground at the Carlisle grounds. Well done to both sets of supporters in tallaght last night.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 12:22pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 12:36pm
Must be the worst Shams side since they went down? 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 2:07pm
What is the aim of this current 'project' at Shamrock Rovers? It's like something someone would try in football manager. They are going way over the top on giving youth a chance, barely any senior players in the squad anymore, between last night and the hammering by Cork plus getting knocked out of the cup by them surely they have to realise it isn't working?? 

Will there be massive overhaul in the close season? I presume a new coach will be coming in, and he will need to bring in a good few players if he wants to turn them into a team competing for the title.
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 7:41pm
Every non-Rovers fan seems oh so concerned about the Hoops!!
Thanks for the concern, I'm sure we'll be just fine.
RedAlert View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedAlert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 9:39am
http://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampionews/shamrock-rovers-fan-threw-bottle-in-pub-hitting-man-on--35119896. - http://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/news/shamrock-rovers-fan-threw-bottle-in-pub-hitting-man-on-head-35119896.html
Any comments RTID?
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 11:53am
Originally posted by skinnymalinx skinnymalinx wrote:

Every non-Rovers fan seems oh so concerned about the Hoops!!
Thanks for the concern, I'm sure we'll be just fine.

I'm really just a neutral LoI fan but I would actually consider myself a Rovers fan if anything as they would be the club closest to me and I can make it to a few games a year. So I was genuinely asking what is going on, as from the outside it seems a bit crazy that they are relying so much on youth..
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 2:26pm
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 2:54pm
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 1:35am
In all my years following Rovers I have never seen a Hoops team so comprehensively outplayed by another LOI club. But then again, football goes in cycles and I can well remember us tanking Dundalk 7-1 just a few seasons ago, when Brian Lawes was temporarily in charge at Tallaght. 

So where do we go from here? We start with a decent manager and preferably someone from outside the league with a fresh perspective. We keep our focus on youth development and bringing players through, while also recruiting more experienced players and again from outside the league.

Recruitment of senior players from within the league hasn`t worked for us. How many more Kilduffs, Finns and O`Donnells do we want to see pass through the club, only to see them excel once they leave? The ideal recruits would be lads in their early to mid-20`s who`ve experienced pro football in Britain and want to come home to showcase their talent in the shop window of the LOI.  
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 10:27am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Must be the worst Shams side since they went down? 
Fenlon left us in fourth, still in fourth. The latter half of the season has been rebuilding and shedding dead wood. We know now how good the young players coming through are. And its fourth. Manager will be announced soon and signings will come to bolster.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Originally posted by RedAlert RedAlert wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampionews/shamrock-rovers-fan-threw-bottle-in-pub-hitting-man-on--35119896. - " target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/news/shamrock-rovers-fan-threw-bottle-in-pub-hitting-man-on-head-35119896.html</a>;
Any comments RTID?

Was Cliftonville fans!

No response from him the other night about the Dundalk buses that had Windows broke
When did I become a spokesperson for Rovers. I know nothing and care less about your buses, assuming it is true, and considering you are the only source...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 10:32am
Originally posted by RedAlert RedAlert wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampionews/shamrock-rovers-fan-threw-bottle-in-pub-hitting-man-on--35119896. - http://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/news/shamrock-rovers-fan-threw-bottle-in-pub-hitting-man-on-head-35119896.html
Any comments RTID?
I declined the opportunity to comment on something I did not see and had heard a very different story than was initially reported on here to what the court report says happened. Sligs fans have a tendency to hysteria and this is a good example of it in action. They were doing their nut over the two guys papped out of the away end, but when it turned out they were local vermin pickpocketing it all went very quiet.
As for the case itself, silly boy and is already doing something else on his Friday nights.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 375>
  Share Topic