You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 536>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You met Partridge or Coogan?

Coogan. He has relations in Westport and funny enough they're called Coonan. He's been coming over for years.

Nice fella. His sunglasses flew off when I shook his hand by accident.

Was a bit starstruck when he came into the shop.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You met Partridge or Coogan?

Coogan. He has relations in Westport and funny enough they're called Coonan. He's been coming over for years.

Nice fella. His sunglasses flew off when I shook his hand by accident.

Was a bit starstruck when he came into the shop.

How do you shake someone's hand by accident?  I could understand you feeling some burd's arse by accident but shaking a lad's hand by accident Embarrassed.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 9:04pm
Dave the Chicken currently getting his feathers ruffled by Paxman
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 9:05pm
Jeremy Paxman and Kay Burley grilling the 2 main candidates tonight.

Burley biased as always but Paxman is tearing Cameron a new one. So bad it should be a 18+ show. Clap

Paxman gets straight down and dirty and brings up social welfare and benefits and zero hour contracts Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 9:15pm
Paxman
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 9:16pm
"Last election campaign, you told me to my face twice you wouldn't raise VAT and you still did it"

Brutal stuff from Paxman this Clap

Edited by coyne - 26 Mar 2015 at 9:16pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 9:55pm
Tony Blair part two with all the hand motions from Milliband.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 10:15pm
Only just tuning in right now. Milliband looks rough. Did Kay Burley do a number on him?

Edited by Landon Donovan - 26 Mar 2015 at 10:16pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 10:21pm
Really don't like studio audiences in these type of things. The crowd are probably very carefully selected but could still skew the general opinion of the public
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 10:22pm
Did he just call Obama "the leader of the free world"?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 10:23pm
Milband getting savaged by Paxman

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 10:28pm
I thought that "are you alright? " part at the end was a bit below the belt by Paxman. A bit self serving.

The Americans do it in a proper manner. Everything is by the book. Although they do have audiences at times.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 10:46pm
Dave the Chicken saying he'd serve every day of a second term. Would be extremely messy doing that, he 'll have to stand down 2nd half of 2018 or 1st half 2019 IMO

londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 10:49pm
I though paxman was actually poor. Too many personal digs at that weasel Miliband. The "North London geek" question was embarrassing. Prime time tv and waste 2 mins with that?? Not enough questions on policies... Dave had an easy ride. Stroll in the park. Miliband might come out better though, especially going second and being on the defensive... "You bet I'm tough enough" before collapsing in his chair at the end looking like he just went 10 with Tyson. Do me a favour eddy. Vladimir would eat you alive in a minute. As for standing up to the leader of the free world??? #cringe

Edited by londonirish - 26 Mar 2015 at 10:50pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 10:51pm
Paxman wouldn't let Miliband answer some of the questions though, in a way which came across as quite unfair. He was cutting him before he had a chance to finalise what he was saying.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 10:57pm
Has Paxman not come out as a "one nation Tory" since leaving Newsnight? If so, why is he involved in this debate?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Has Paxman not come out as a "one nation Tory" since leaving Newsnight? If so, why is he involved in this debate?

Because he's a journalist and that's his job.

He tore Cameron apart about the false promises and lies throughout the 5 years and equally tore Miliband about his proposed policies, like a job interview but as mentioned before he did overstep it at times not letting Ed finish his answers.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 12:17am
Paxman was very unfair with Miliband interrupting him constantly and being a lot more aggressive in his interview. Compare that to Cameron where he left "call me Dave" waffle on for an age without too much scrutiny. I thought Ed did well under the circumstances.

Burley changed her tactics with Miliband. She regularly asked Miliband questions when it was supposed to be the audience. I don't recall her doing that with Cameron except for the stupid shreddies question at the end.

What I didn't realise was that Paxman was considered and asked by the Tories to run for Kensington as MP which he turned down. He shouldn't have been there tonight due to his biased position.

................................................................................................................................

On BBC Question Time tonight it turned once again into an SNP/scottish bashing match without a member of the SNP being present. Little do they know the more they bash the scots the more they'll turn to the SNP.

Edited by colemanY2K - 27 Mar 2015 at 12:36am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 536>
  Share Topic