You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 498499500501502 535>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 9:18am
Keir Starmer has the most smug and punchable face in the history of British politics. A truly monumental achievement.Clap
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 12:53pm
Williamson is a ringer for Frank Spencer out of " Some Mothers Do Have 'Em." Once you get that image in your head it is impossible to remove it. Most smug and punchable face in British politics is one hell of a crowded field but I'd give it to that irritating Brexiteer loon Andrew Bridgen by a short head.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 8:52am
A great few days for the Tories - the vaccine is on the way (*) and a Brexit deal imminent.

BoJo to address the nation telling them of glorious days ahead.

* airlifted no less showing the great Dunkirk spirit.
triggs1993 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggs1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 7:20pm
Spiderman and the BBC grinding the DUPs gearsLOL

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dup-man-flags-up-gaffe-in-spiderman-game-39832969.html

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 10:51pm
So is it correct to say that as of Jan 1st there will be a border down the Irish Sea?! 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 9:24am
pretty much 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:58pm
I've only just found out that Michael Gove was born and bred in Aberdeen. What's the story with his accent, he sounds 100% English, not even a hint of a Scottish twang.
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I've only just found out that Michael Gove was born and bred in Aberdeen. What's the story with his accent, he sounds 100% English, not even a hint of a Scottish twang.
His accent is from a private education and Oxford university but you'd still make it out as Scottish, just not Rab C.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

His accent is from a private education and Oxford university but you'd still make it out as Scottish, just not Rab C.

Really? He sounds 100% English to me. Do all private schools in Scotland have pupils and teachers speaking with posh English accents?
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 1:31pm

Really? He sounds 100% English to me. Do all private schools in Scotland have pupils and teachers speaking with posh English accents?
It's similar to some of the ridiculous D4 accents you hear, as awful as they sound you'd still pick them out as Irish. The British school system produces very stuffy accents but most of them lose it if they move into politics, tv or music to appear more common.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 1:52pm
There is £8.3 billion in aggregate short positions on a no deal Brexit taken by hedge funds directly or indirectly connected to the Vote Leave and Bojo's leadership campaigns. Looks like the glorious leader and his cronies could be rolling in it soon while the country descends into chaos and long term penury.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 4:45pm

It's similar to some of the ridiculous D4 accents you hear, as awful as they sound you'd still pick them out as Irish. The British school system produces very stuffy accents but most of them lose it if they move into politics, tv or music to appear more common.
The likes of Shane Ross and David Norris (live in Ireland vast majority of his life) have zero semblance of an Irish accent. 
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 5:26pm
David Norris was born in the Congó afaik
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

The likes of Shane Ross and David Norris (live in Ireland vast majority of his life) have zero semblance of an Irish accent. 

Right enough actually. It's bizarre, you would think wider society would influence your accent to a degree as you are growing up. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 8:18pm
it’s an affectation. Twats.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Deco Ganley too
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 9:52pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 9:08am
A no deal Brexit is looking likely now.
January is going to be some sh1tshow.

Sterling is about 1.06 v the Euro. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 498499500501502 535>
  Share Topic