You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 489490491492493 535>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 2:22am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I'm not sure you've read the script properly.

The BBC are nearly as bad as The Daily Mail when it comes to Tory favourtism.

Laura Kuenssberg is up there with Kay Burley when it comes most hated TV journalists purely because she doesn't even attempt to hide the fact she's a Tory donor
The fact she's been repriamanded by OFCOM and The Electrol Commission on numerous occasions emphasises it. 

Was only the last GE where she was scheming for the Tories again by leaking the postal vote count live on air, that's effectively election fraud which no doubt the Tories gave a few backhanders to do, so why the Tories would benefit from getting rid of BBC News which means getting rid of her is beyond me.
I know the script perfectly

The strategy of right-wing nutcases is to continually run public institutions of value into the ground by stealth, so that they appear to be of less value than they actually are

They can't just abolish the NHS or the BBC in one fell swoop because these institutions are beloved of the public, even most Tory voters

So they chip away and chip away in the background

That's what they've been doing to the NHS for decades

That's what they're doing to the BBC, they get their goons in there to impose subtle pro-Tory bias, or in occasional cases, not so subtle pro-Tory bias

By doing this, they divide and conquer - because if they can get the BBC to appear biased in favour of the Tories, then they weaken opposition from Labour voters in terms of, say, getting rid of the 6pm and 10pm news, or privatising the BBC or even abolishing it

The ideal situation for the Tories in terms of demolishing the BBC is that you have Tory Brexiteers pushed into believing "f**k the BBC, they're elite, Islington garden party attending middle class Europhile Remainer scum", while Labour voters say "f**k the BBC, they're only Tories anyway"

Therefore, overall public trust in the BBC goes down - and this fall in trust comes from both the right and the left, so weakening opposition to the destruction of the BBC as an institution

And that, sad to say, is what is happening

If they can continually chip away at the NHS, continually privatise more and more bits of it, the NHS is continually weakened and functions more and more poorly - which is the aim - so they get people to say "the NHS is not fit for purpose" or "we can't afford the NHS" or stuff like that

They portray privatised alternatives as "efficient", "choice", "well run", "value for money" etc., all positive phrases - yet in reality that's utter bunkum - it's the privatised bits of the NHS that are failing

The whole thing is a con - the real aims of right-wing nutcases are very unpopular - so they find strategies to cloak their real aims, to lie, in other words, and also to divide opposition so that damaging changes which the public don't want are pushed through without the public really even knowing what's happening, they also devise tactics whereby sections of the public are manipulated into calling for things they don't actually want

The Cummings driving to Durham thing was a classic of manipulating the public into calling for something they didn't want - by Cummings giving such a pointed two fingers to the lockdown, the public then said "f**k the lockdown" as a result because Cummings was seen to insult the public

But the public had actually still wanted the lockdown, whereas the Tories didn't - they never wanted it - and thus the public were manipulated into doing what the Tories wanted, and opposition to opening up again fell away

Right-wing nutcases use government to deliberately destroy public institutions

That's absolutely what the Tories do

You can recognise that Kuennsberg etc. are clearly biased in favour of the Tories, and that much of the BBC's political or news coverage displays subtle pro-Tory bias, while at the same time recognising that the BBC, including BBC News - especially BBC News actually - is a public institution of massive intrinsic value to British society, culture and education and needs to be protected 

You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater

Because if the BBC is not protected, it will never be revived, and the alternative is a hell of a lot worse, the alternative is ultimately a landscape of British Fox Newses to permanently poison public debate - and mark my words, that's what the Tories want

Edited by sid waddell - 21 Aug 2020 at 2:42am
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 7:00am
I'm not sure how 99% of that post relates to BBC news, was just yet more right wing obsession but never mind, kinda wish I hadn't repled now.

Edited by coyne - 21 Aug 2020 at 7:04am
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 8:45am

I'm not sure how 99% of that post relates to BBC news, was just yet more right wing obsession but never mind, kinda wish I hadn't repled now.

Well the post specifically addresses how the Tories are playing dimwits like you for fools and running the BBC into the ground

I suppose it's better to ignore something that touches a nerve

I didn't know you were a Tory but thanks for confirming

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 9:31am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

That's what they're doing to the BBC, they get their goons in there to impose subtle pro-Tory bias, or in occasional cases, not so subtle pro-Tory bias

By doing this, they divide and conquer - because if they can get the BBC to appear biased in favour of the Tories, then they weaken opposition from Labour voters in terms of, say, getting rid of the 6pm and 10pm news, or privatising the BBC or even abolishing it

Sid I genuinely believe that the only reason you've pounced on Coyne's post is the bit in bold, like it's some sort of affront to your intelligence. You're both highlighting examples of how the BBC are pro-Tory, yet you seem to have taken offence to the opening line of his post.

You're getting very fond of labeling posters on here (Coyne is now a Tory, Old Billy is a supporter of far-right facist, Baggio a racist, etc, etc).

Your inability to stick to the topic at hand without resorting to insults is ruining the credibility of a lot of what you post.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 9:45am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Sid I genuinely believe that the only reason you've pounced on Coyne's post is the bit in bold, like it's some sort of affront to your intelligence. You're both highlighting examples of how the BBC are pro-Tory, yet you seem to have taken offence to the opening line of his post.

You're getting very fond of labeling posters on here (Coyne is now a Tory, Old Billy is a supporter of far-right facist, Baggio a racist, etc, etc).

Your inability to stick to the topic at hand without resorting to insults is ruining the credibility of a lot of what you post.
The only reason Coyne pounced on my post was that he believed it was an affront to his intelligence

Two of the things there you just made up - I didn't call old billy a fascist or Baggio a racist 

It was quite reasonable to call Coyne a Tory given he objected to me talking about how the plot to neuter or destroy the BBC is a right-wing one - which is fact

I don't know why you'd do that if you weren't a Tory 

Ah, maybe it's because he's a UKIP or Brexit party supporter

Apologies to Coyne if that is indeed the case

Funny how nobody wants to deal with the content of my post about the BBC because it's right on the nose

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 12:18pm
LOL

What’s also right on the nose is no one on the forum likes you so.

Even Topper thinks you’re a complete basket case and that’s saying something.

Seek help.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 12:21pm

LOL

What’s also right on the nose is no one on the forum likes you so.

Even Topper thinks you’re a complete basket case and that’s saying something.

Seek help.

LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 12:41pm
FAO Sid:

You’ve had your hilarious fun with the labelling of other posters and insinuations against them also that allow you the technicality of not outright calling them something such as UKIP coyne, cc Baggio etc. While we’re on your labelling exploits, its not Abu Dhabi FC either, and the players name is Silva. Its getting very boring now. I will delete any further posts where you cannot engage properly.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

FAO Sid:

You’ve had your hilarious fun with the labelling of other posters and insinuations against them also that allow you the technicality of not outright calling them something such as UKIP coyne, cc Baggio etc. While we’re on your labelling exploits, its not Abu Dhabi FC either, and the players name is Silva. Its getting very boring now. I will delete any further posts where you cannot engage properly.
I've been engaging properly and writing very substantial posts on numerous topics with actual points and arguments, others haven't

See above with my post aabout the BBC/NHS etc., coyne just grunted at it

If lads cant take a bit of gentle humour or get offended at some of my perfectly reasonable arguments, it's not my problem

Strange as well because coyne, Baggio and others are well capable of dishing it out but seem unable to take a bit back 

Seems a bit hypocritical to me

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 1:09pm
Sid has not quite been the same since the BDO disappeared off BBC and moved away from The Lakeside. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Sid has not quite been the same since the BDO disappeared off BBC and moved away from The Lakeside. 
It's been very tough, tougher than the lockdown, but at least I can console myself that the BDO were adhering to lockdown protocol by staging events with no spectators long before there was even a lockdown

That was brilliant pandemic future-proofing

Tremendous health and safety etiquette and all credit to Des Jacklin and the board - I can see Des being head hunted for a position in the World Health Organisation

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 1:43pm

The BBC are nearly as bad as The Daily Mail when it comes to Tory favourtism.

Laura Kuenssberg is up there with Kay Burley when it comes most hated TV journalists purely because she doesn't even attempt to hide the fact she's a Tory donor
The fact she's been repriamanded by OFCOM and The Electrol Commission on numerous occasions emphasises it. 

Was only the last GE where she was scheming for the Tories again by leaking the postal vote count live on air, that's effectively election fraud which no doubt the Tories gave a few backhanders to do, so why the Tories would benefit from getting rid of BBC News which means getting rid of her is beyond me.
I know the script perfectly

The strategy of right-wing nutcases is to continually run public institutions of value into the ground by stealth, so that they appear to be of less value than they actually are

They can't just abolish the NHS or the BBC in one fell swoop because these institutions are beloved of the public, even most Tory voters

So they chip away and chip away in the background

That's what they've been doing to the NHS for decades

The ideal situation for the Tories in terms of demolishing the BBC is that you have Tory Brexiteers pushed into believing "f**k the BBC, they're elite, Islington garden party attending middle class Europhile Remainer scum", while Labour voters say "f**k the BBC, they're only Tories anyway"

Therefore, overall public trust in the BBC goes down - and this fall in trust comes from both the right and the left, so weakening opposition to the destruction of the BBC as an institution

And that, sad to say, is what is happening

If they can continually chip away at the NHS, continually privatise more and more bits of it, the NHS is continually weakened and functions more and more poorly - which is the aim - so they get people to say "the NHS is not fit for purpose" or "we can't afford the NHS" or stuff like that

They portray privatised alternatives as "efficient", "choice", "well run", "value for money" etc., all positive phrases - yet in reality that's utter bunkum - it's the privatised bits of the NHS that are failing

The whole thing is a con - the real aims of right-wing nutcases are very unpopular - so they find strategies to cloak their real aims, to lie, in other words, and also to divide opposition so that damaging changes which the public don't want are pushed through without the public really even knowing what's happening, they also devise tactics whereby sections of the public are manipulated into calling for things they don't actually want

The Cummings driving to Durham thing was a classic of manipulating the public into calling for something they didn't want - by Cummings giving such a pointed two fingers to the lockdown, the public then said "f**k the lockdown" as a result because Cummings was seen to insult the public

But the public had actually still wanted the lockdown, whereas the Tories didn't - they never wanted it - and thus the public were manipulated into doing what the Tories wanted, and opposition to opening up again fell away

Right-wing nutcases use government to deliberately destroy public institutions

That's absolutely what the Tories do

You can recognise that Kuennsberg etc. are clearly biased in favour of the Tories, and that much of the BBC's political or news coverage displays subtle pro-Tory bias, while at the same time recognising that the BBC, including BBC News - especially BBC News actually - is a public institution of massive intrinsic value to British society, culture and education and needs to be protected 

You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater

Because if the BBC is not protected, it will never be revived, and the alternative is a hell of a lot worse, the alternative is ultimately a landscape of British Fox Newses to permanently poison public debate - and mark my words, that's what the Tories want

That is it in a nutshell. As much as I don't watch the BBC News now, it is still a very important institution and it could easily return to past glories with restructuring and support. Dismantling it will not be good for democracy here, and, let's be honest, it is hardly a bastion of it!
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 11:38pm
The Tories want BBC news removed? Confused I mean, certain journalists will always have individual opinions which they can hide better than others. I mean James O’Brien or Nick Ferrari won’t be on it any time soon as anchors. What’s happened to BBC is simply the reliance on news from our phones, or iPads online. I don’t watch BBC news, I despise paying a TV license and I personally believe it should be scrapped as it serves no purpose. I can’t even remember the last time I bought a paper, I’ve a monthly subscription to the times, telegraph and Irish independent. Millions are the same now. 
The content of the BBC is nonsense for the most part and not due to the fact they’re apparently pro Tory (keeping in mind they are the U.K. government which an overwhelming majority) it’s refused to move with the times.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 12:16am
No serious news organisation would employ the fat racist or his liberal alternative. LBC cleans up in the moron market.

Would you not try a subscription to a newspaper or news website yourself?

Edited by pre Madonna - 22 Aug 2020 at 12:17am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

The Tories want BBC news removed?
They're renaming it DDE news I believe
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 11:00pm
FAO Sid Waddell

@MrHarryCole
EXCLUSIVE: Former Oz PM Tony Abbott to be Britain’s new joint President of the Board of Trade in major revamp. Forthright Aussie to “bang the drum for Brexit Britain around the world” in shock signing
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

FAO Sid Waddell

@MrHarryCole
EXCLUSIVE: Former Oz PM Tony Abbott to be Britain’s new joint President of the Board of Trade in major revamp. Forthright Aussie to “bang the drum for Brexit Britain around the world” in shock signing
True story: In 2014 I flicked the butt of a cigarette into Tony Abbott's wheelie bin hoping to set the contents on fire

Unfortunately it didn't work, which was surprising as I thought a fire would be very easy to start in Australia
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 11:24am

Don’t let these lefty libtard snowflake moon howling Soros Satan worshippers take your freedom!! Sing your songs loud and proud lads. 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 489490491492493 535>
  Share Topic