You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 484485486487488 535>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 11:30pm
I honestly don't think so. From recall, you could go for a few years without hearing her, apart from the letters section of newspapers, or she'd inevitably be on the bill at Immigration debates in universities, but it made little or no difference to the actual debate.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I honestly don't think so. From recall, you could go for a few years without hearing her, apart from the letters section of newspapers, or she'd inevitably be on the bill at Immigration debates in universities, but it made little or no difference to the actual debate.
Years? Her fame was Warholian! It was very much of the fleeting variety, apart from letters to newspapers. She had a regular joust with another old crank who lived in Clonakilty too. A harmless, well-read old bachelor who used to come around for dinner on a Sunday showing us the cuttings from that week's papers. LOL

I am pretty sure one of the other members of IPC to get fifteen minutes of fame had been an illegal immigrant himself in the States. I can't think of his name, but I vaguely remember it being brought up when he was on some television programme.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 9:17am
Warholian! I love that! I might take it, if that's ok? And it does describe what Ni Chonaill's 'fame' amounted to.

Funny enough, our discussion caused me to do a lot of googling last night, and it led me back to the Ceder Lounge Revolution, which continues to flourish. I also noticed that the ICP website has content that looks like it was aimed at the 2007 General Election, which is over 13 years old. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 9:25am
You might have to clear it with Guggenheim or Valerie Solanos, but definitely not with me! 

I used to read that blog once, but it has been some time. I would have assumed it had died off. I looked up 'Midge' last night and it seems she is only 67! I thought she was that when she was on the telly.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 9:30am
67? Wow. The photos of her in the newspapers in 1998 would have suggested she was older than 45 at the time!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

67? Wow. The photos of her in the newspapers in 1998 would have suggested she was older than 45 at the time!
Her birthday is recorded as 17th August 1952. I'm still struggling to believe that! I actually thought she may have ceased to be!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 9:43am
Google her name and the BBC Website.

Given the date you quoted, she would be 49 in the photo linked to the article. Its extraordinary! 

Edited by Het-field - 09 Jun 2020 at 9:44am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 9:59am
It really is. I genuinely thought she was 60 then. I think everyone assumed it and then she retired early, I think, so nobody thought different.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 10:49am
Bozo Johnson and his black lives matter speech he's fooling nobody given his previous racist comments e.g. black people are less intelligent than white people.

Edited by Double Maxim - 09 Jun 2020 at 10:52am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 12:11pm
Never mind the stuff about piccaninnies , letterboxes and all the rest of the quotes that are now sure to be thrown back at him.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Never mind the stuff about piccaninnies , letterboxes and all the rest of the quotes that are now sure to be thrown back at him.
The problem is that much of white Britain (and indeed white Ireland) is in a comfort zone as regards racism. They're happy to agree that "racism is wrong" and such platitudes, but when they're taken out of their comfort zone and confronted with the real lived experiences of ethnic minorities, and the reality that British society from top to bottom, and British history is based on white supremacy and exploitation of colonised peoples, they'll retreat into denial. 

Whites generally hate being taken out of their comfort zone as regards confronting racism. Too many of them have a caricature of racism in their heads. They think racism is confined to donning a KKK hood or throwing a banana at a black footballer or shouting the n word.

It's like how men have a caricature version of rape in their heads where a woman walking alone at night is attacked and dragged down a lane and left for dead, or some such.

That isn't how the vast majority of rapes happen and the above isn't how racism is generally perpetuated and inflicted.

Whites will say stuff like "this is going too far" or "this is crazy" or "where does it stop", same as men did with the #metoo movement. Basically "pipe down".

And they'll completely fail to understand how this totally bears out the fact that British and other majority white societies are based on white supremacism.

It's always been dangerous for ethnic minorities or indeed women or people of minority sexual orientation to be unapologetic for what they are, and indeed it remains so today.

Edited by sid waddell - 09 Jun 2020 at 1:11pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:37am
Bozo "America a bastion of peace and freedom." 

As Prime Minister, Boris Johnson Struggles to Find His Voice - The New York Times @MIUI| https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/10/world/europe/britain-boris-johnson-racism.html
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 2:47pm
Expecting a good punch up to appear on social media over the weekend.

‘Ard facking geezer Tommy Robinson is out to sort out those protestors.

Him and his friends have threatened to ambush anyone protesting because that’s the democratic thing to do 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 6:44pm
Hopefully Tommy dies soon.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Him and his friends have threatened to ambush anyone protesting because that’s the democratic thing to do 
Anthony Joshua should offer to fight him one on one, bare knuckle.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Anthony Joshua should offer to fight him one on one, bare knuckle.

Tommy would probably win LOL

He wasn’t handpicked nor well past his age.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 2:14pm
Central London filled with the anti protesters and they're also picking a fight with the police which completely defeats the point of them being there other than the punch up videos I was expecting.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 2:45pm

Central London filled with the anti protesters and they're also picking a fight with the police which completely defeats the point of them being there other than the punch up videos I was expecting.

The "lads" (that's what they call themslves) who are there to support Winston Churchill are making Nazi salutes. 

You couldn't get a better representation of the stupidity of right-wing culture warriors.

Should rename themselves the Brexit Brownshirts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 484485486487488 535>
  Share Topic