You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 477478479480481 535>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 1:36pm
Before he got ill was the first time people started to realise the ineptitude of his job, despite near Stalinist support in the media. Getting ill will, as I said help him, but given his reaction to it, including running around hospitals defiantly shaking hands with sufferers, should highlight his lack of understanding. As one wag put it on Twitter: “will he be the first national leader to be up for the Darwin award?”

I think if he hadn’t, that sixty percent would be a very flattened curve. His inability is coming to the fore. He is distrusted by huge ranks of Tories and is surviving on right wing populism and the caricature made for him by the media. All these things suggest he won’t be there too long. The media had been starting to ask questions, even the ones that were previously fawning over him.

Edited by pre Madonna - 08 Apr 2020 at 1:36pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 2:09pm
He's still flavour of the month either way you try to spin it.

The only black mark on his record so far is the current crisis with PPE for NHS workers, it's an easy job to pass the blame to an inept Health Minister who couldn't follow his own advice or previous governments.

Me and you both dislike the chubby f**k but until another Rory Stewart pops up who the public liked and found charming, he's going nowhere.

Edited by coyne - 08 Apr 2020 at 2:10pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The only black mark on his record so far is the current crisis with PPE for NHS workers, it's an easy job to pass the blame to an inept Health Minister who couldn't follow his own advice or previous governments.

Me and you both dislike the chubby f**k but until another Rory Stewart pops up who the public liked and found charming, he's going nowhere.
When the time is right there will be a push from within. 
It doesn’t matter to me who is PM, it’s going to be a Tory either way and just because they are more capable doesn’t mean they are better. Thatcher was capable! The last three have been incapable.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

When the time is right there will be a push from within. 
It doesn’t matter to me who is PM, it’s going to be a Tory either way and just because they are more capable doesn’t mean they are better. Thatcher was capable! The last three have been incapable.

Was Dave incapable? He pretty much slayed everybody in his path. And then the right wing uprising started which he totally underestimated.

He was a pig shagging arrogant cock, but he was good at it.

Edited by coyne - 08 Apr 2020 at 4:17pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:23pm
Cameron’s biggest failure was his attempt to court the eurosceptic wing of the Tory party, while also seeing UKIP’s 12% as the route to secure power and future electoral wins. Remarkably, his actions in 2016/2016 handed what he was looking for (a whopping majority) to somebody else, but several years later, and his career over. Had he avoided the Brexit stuff, he would almost certainly still be in charge.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:25pm
Yeah, but the ‘Brexit stuff’, which was entirely his doing, is one of the biggest f**k-ups in Britain’s history!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:32pm
Absolutely. It is the one EU member that had a very tenuous relationship, and I suspect the default of the majority of people in the UK would be “eurocritic”, with a strong eurosceptic population. It was a vote that didn’t need to be held, but if it was it needed a strong campaign to ensure it didn’t happen the way it did.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 5:40pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Johnson won’t be in the job in ten months, never mind ten years! His hijacking of the Tory party will be ended with this Brexit sideshow. People are seeing the joke wear thin as his ineptitude rises, you could say getting I’ll has bought him time in this regard. I expect a genuine ‘one nation’ Tory to be PM by next year.

Have some cereal PM.

His support within the Tory party is too strong, backed by the ERG.

And public support is strong too. 60% of the public believe he’s done a good job with the pandemic.

They’re even trying to organise a 8pm clap for him like they do for the NHS. It’s the most outrageous sickening thing I’ve ever read on the Internet but it’s being flouted about Dead

Maybe let's shake a coronavirus patient hands at 8pm would be more appropriate. If he was to die, he would surely make the Darwin Awards?

just seen PreMs post above EmbarrassedBig smile

Edited by Artie Ziff - 08 Apr 2020 at 5:44pm
It would damage this forums' reputation
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 7:23pm
Boris out of ICU.

He’s gonna be rocking back into Downing St to the tune of Return of the Mack aint he
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 1:39pm
Dom Cummings been attending the medical meetings when it’s supposed to be free of any politics.

What is actually Boris’ role? The more it’s revealed that its Cummings making all the political decisions behind the scenes it effectively makes him the unelected leader so what is the actual point in Boris being around?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 1:48pm
So people can look at the silly little buffoon man and be distracted. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 2:50pm

Dom Cummings been attending the medical meetings when it’s supposed to be free of any politics.

What is actually Boris’ role? The more it’s revealed that its Cummings making all the political decisions behind the scenes it effectively makes him the unelected leader so what is the actual point in Boris being around?
Like Trump and Bolsonaro, and Hitler before him, Johnson is the perfect clownish front man to create a parallel world where truth has no currency and nobody can think, where the sane and reasonable peple are called conspiracy theorists and the lunatics are framed as "the adults". 

Cummings is a Steve Bannon type character. He is a bully who bullies people through the sheer arrogance and general vileness of his personality. He wants to burn the state to the ground. 

Johnson, like Trump is not incompetent, he's highly competent for what he's there to do. Which is to ruin Britain, ruin the working and middle classes, pull the ladder firmly up after the rich. 

The Tories and their media bullsh*t machine will find convenient scapegoats after this. Hancock will be one, a few "scientific" advisers in the background too probably. They will protect those who "need" to be protected - above all Johnson, probably Cummings too.

Trump, Johnson, Brexit and the Brexiteers, they're all part of the same international alliance of kleptocrats. If people want to call that an international kleptocratic conspiracy, I wouldn't disagree. 

COVID-19 is a perfect shock event. Kleptocrats and criminals have wet dreams about such events, because they are the perfect laboratory to inflict shock doctrine. 

Marxist analysis has never been more relevant, because what is going on is a massive worldwide power grab on behalf of the rich, the corrupt, the kleptocratic. Johnson, the Brexiteers, Trump, Putin, Bolsonaro, Modi, Orban, Bin Salman, Netanyahu, Duterte, none can be examined entirely on their own merits, because what they do is all connected.

The right-wing media bullsh*t industry makes it all possible - confuse people, divide people, neuter debate, make people loses their minds. At the end of it all, the fascists win.

If people don't at least attempt to understand the interlinked political, media and business framework through which all this happens, they're at nothing in terms of understanding. 

The world is being slowly boiled alive.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 6:45pm
I don’t know much about Keir Stermer or whatever’s he’s called but I’d be a fan of him if he submitted a vote of no confidence in Boris.

This is how bad the government have been;

Backtracked on the herd immunity plan
Went against their own advice and caught the virus themselves
Set a target of 20,000 deaths which has been passed from today
PPE shortage still
They want 100,000 tests a day done by 1st May, they have a week to go and they managed 23,000

Just everything about it has been bad.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 6:52pm

I don’t know much about Keir Stermer or whatever’s he’s called but I’d be a fan of him if he submitted a vote of no confidence in Boris.

This is how bad the government have been;

Backtracked on the herd immunity plan
Went against their own advice and caught the virus themselves
Set a target of 20,000 deaths which has been passed from today
PPE shortage still
They want 100,000 tests a day done by 1st May, they have a week to go and they managed 23,000

Just everything about it has been bad.

Exactly, a total shambles and are the government going to release any figures on care home deaths?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Like Trump and Bolsonaro, and Hitler before him, Johnson is the perfect clownish front man to create a parallel world where truth has no currency and nobody can think, where the sane and reasonable peple are called conspiracy theorists and the lunatics are framed as "the adults". 

Cummings is a Steve Bannon type character. He is a bully who bullies people through the sheer arrogance and general vileness of his personality. He wants to burn the state to the ground. 

Johnson, like Trump is not incompetent, he's highly competent for what he's there to do. Which is to ruin Britain, ruin the working and middle classes, pull the ladder firmly up after the rich. 

The Tories and their media bullsh*t machine will find convenient scapegoats after this. Hancock will be one, a few "scientific" advisers in the background too probably. They will protect those who "need" to be protected - above all Johnson, probably Cummings too.

Trump, Johnson, Brexit and the Brexiteers, they're all part of the same international alliance of kleptocrats. If people want to call that an international kleptocratic conspiracy, I wouldn't disagree. 

COVID-19 is a perfect shock event. Kleptocrats and criminals have wet dreams about such events, because they are the perfect laboratory to inflict shock doctrine. 

Marxist analysis has never been more relevant, because what is going on is a massive worldwide power grab on behalf of the rich, the corrupt, the kleptocratic. Johnson, the Brexiteers, Trump, Putin, Bolsonaro, Modi, Orban, Bin Salman, Netanyahu, Duterte, none can be examined entirely on their own merits, because what they do is all connected.

The right-wing media bullsh*t industry makes it all possible - confuse people, divide people, neuter debate, make people loses their minds. At the end of it all, the fascists win.

If people don't at least attempt to understand the interlinked political, media and business framework through which all this happens, they're at nothing in terms of understanding. 

The world is being slowly boiled alive.

Excellent.Clap
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 11:19pm
I assumed pre madonna wrote that.

Sid please tell me more Im intrigued.

A lot of what you say has been hijacked by the loony 5G tree huggers.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 1:47am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Just because idiots agree doesn't mean the idiots are right! History must have proved that?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Do the 5G loonies not mostly hate environmentalism and think the climate crisis is a hoax?

What is happening across the world at the moment has nothing whatsoever to with the loony conspiracy theories of Jim Corr and Gemtrails and the like. Gemtrails is almost certainly getting her funding from loony right-wing US sources. Her evil exploitation is far more a business move more than any real insanity she may or more likely may not be suffering from.

What has happened and is happening is just right wing politics being revealed for what it always has been - a tool for the rich to enrich themselves and keep the jackboot on the face of everybody else. 

Right-wing politics has failed. That's why we have Trump and Brexit, why we have Sinn Fein here, and why state capacity here, in the UK and in the US has been unable to cope with the Cornavirus crisis - because it has been deliberately run down for decades. 

Trump and Brexit turned the legitimate anger at the failure of right-wing politics against easy and wrong targets - immigrants, the EU, science, reason. That's what the right does.

To remain in power, right-wing politics has to create a world where society is divided into imaginary groups. One of the main ways it does this is to divide "the left" - and "the left" falls right into the trap.

It creates a fantasy world of fake stories and fake threats, and dismisses real threats. Hence it dismissed the Coronavirus and largely dismisses the climate crisis. But "political correctness", health and safety, regulations, "red tape" (a classic demonising cliche), immigrants, Muslims, "welfare spongers", they're framed as massive threats, and so on and so on. Online, the far right frame Jews as a threat, just like the Nazis did. Right-wing politics is deliberately as shallow as possible. Trump covers up scandal and criminality with deliberate idiocy. To call what Trump does "idiocy" or "incompetence" is a statement that he is a good faith actor. He isn't

So nobody is talking about him owing hundreds of millions to China or his history of massive money laundering or his support for actual Nazis, they're talking about him telling people to drink bleach. That's the way Trump wants it. Meanwhile the fake, astro-turf "protests" (funded by billionaire Trump cabinet member Betsy De Vos) is major "news" across the world, despite the numbers of people atttending being miniscule compared to the many massive protests against Trump over the last three years, which have barely been covered at all. Why? Because the people "protesting" against lockdown in the US at the moment are idiots. The media loves that. It generates reaction.

Perhaps the most dangerous idea of the last 50 years is "the marketplace of ideas". This holds that there is no objective truth, that there is no such thing as a right or wrong opinion, and that any opinion is only worth as much as the reaction it can generate. The grotesque logic of "the market" is taken to its logical conclusion. Thus politics has descended into a bizarre reality TV show in which right wing scumbags pretending to be idiots rule the roost. But they're not idiots. They're kleptocratic scumbags out to pull the ladder up and stick the jackboot firmly in the face of the ordinary person.

The logical final endpoints of "the marketplace of ideas" are mass poverty in a world of extraordinary wealth, war, holocaust and the destruction of the planet. Think it out and think why that would be the case. Hitler was a beneficiary of the "marketplace of ideas", it just wasn't called that at the time. So has Trump been.

I'm 100% serious when I say that the only way to look at Trump is through the lens of evil. This is the only way he makes sense. And I genuinely believe he is evil any way you look at it.

The only future for society is in building a broad based, radical progressive politics. In a sane world this sort of politics would be considered "centrist". 

That it currently isn't is because of decades of the effects of the right-wing media bullsh*t machine. Even media outlets which are broadly classed as liberal or left regularly fall into the trap of framing stories in the way the right wants, or covering the stories the right wants. 

Without that right-wing media bullsh*t machine, none of this would be possible. It's now objectively true that it is easy in a mass media environment which is more interested in opinion (and mostly stuipid opinion) than real journalism, to make masses of people believe crazy things. 

And you can't talk about any of this without mentioning the biggest arch-kleptocrat of all, Putin, who is massively stirring the pot the whole time. He is a disaster for the world. The guy basically wants to end democracy in Europe, the US - and everywhere else if he has time to do it.

Edited by sid waddell - 26 Apr 2020 at 2:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 477478479480481 535>
  Share Topic