You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 465466467468469 535>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

considering we can’t afford them

There's probably a few other counties that would contribute far less economically than the 6 counties, should we expel them from the state on the grounds that we can't afford them?

Not sure what they contribute to the but I'd be open to getting rid of Cork

The most of course Smile

ClapClapClap
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

If we took our 13 Billion taxes off Apple we could have a serious gaff party with our unionists friends. UI no problemThumbs Up
We owe that money to the Germans.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 7:11pm

If we took our 13 Billion taxes off Apple we could have a serious gaff party with our unionists friends. UI no problemThumbs Up

Or we could put the Governments money into a Government Revolut card and save on the nations imports by paying for all goods using Revolt's ridiculously low exchange rates.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Or we could put the Governments money into a Government Revolut card and save on the nations imports by paying for all goods using Revolt's ridiculously low exchange rates.

They are on a massive recruitment drive in London at the minute TJ. You should look into applying for a job with them.

ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 6:26pm
Both the SDLP MP's took their oaths under protest. Eastwood just made his maiden speech an hour ago. The first new MP to do so. I wish them well. Thumbs Up

Has Jim Shannon always looked like a mad scientist ? LOL

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 19 Dec 2019 at 6:26pm
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 12:48pm
I see the SDLP are going to vote against the Withdrawal Agreement. I don't understand what their objection is considering the assurances for the North, unless they refuse to vote for any form of Brexit at all?
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I see the SDLP are going to vote against the Withdrawal Agreement. I don't understand what their objection is considering the assurances for the North, unless they refuse to vote for any form of Brexit at all?

The assurances are time limited, and have to be agreed to be continued by a Stormont Assembly that may not exist
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 3:22pm
My understanding is that the Assembly would have to vote to remove the arrangements so if there is no Assembly then obviously the status quo would hold. 
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 3:29pm
Not how I understand it.

"The Assembly will be asked to provide its continued support for the Protocol 4 years after the end of the transition period and every [4] years thereafter." Source: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/QANDA_19_6122

So my understanding of that is Stormont has to opt-in to the assurances, and if it doesn't exist, assurances are gone. It also only takes one Stormont vote against for as good as forever to remove the assurances, making the SDLP absolutely right to vote against it.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 4:12pm
Majority of 124 for nearly the exact same deal Theresa May put forward 3 times and was rejected.

The start of Boris doing whatever the f**k he likes.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Majority of 124 for nearly the exact same deal Theresa May put forward 3 times and was rejected.

I'll do what i want
I'll do waht i want
I'm Boris Johnson and
I'll do what i want

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

A reminder that we are witnessing the first overwhelming UK majority Government in a decade.

Also, new MPs elected in pro-Brexit territory who will follow the new leader.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 6:30pm
I'm not on twitter but rumours of arlene foster caught riding her driver on camera, wouldn't want too see it anyways just looking clarification, if ur brave enough 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 6:42pm
Heard it’s a woman she’s having an affair with 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

I'm not on twitter but rumours of arlene foster caught riding her driver on camera, wouldn't want too see it anyways just looking clarification, if ur brave enough 

A truly horrific thought.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Heard it’s a woman she’s having an affair with 

She has that butch thing going on, nothing would surprise me 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 6:51pm
Arlene's maiden name is Kelly. She's one of us.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Arlene's maiden name is Kelly. She's one of us.

She is Gerry Kelly's sister
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 465466467468469 535>
  Share Topic