You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 430431432433434 535>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:29pm
A wonderful night for Corbyn. The tactic has to be to get him in front of as many people as possible, in whatever format possible. His honesty makes this platform ideal, his integrity makes those people who think of the media caricature realise that he is just a gentle man driven by hope.

Swinson will lose her seat. She is an embarrassment to her party, a self-obsessed Tory with no credibility.

Away from Westminster, away from the braying chorus of idiots and without a media to hide behind we saw De Pfeffel for what he really is and that is nothing more than a well educated simpleton. He is just an upper-class racist thug. Tommy Robinson has more charm and intelligence.

Sturgeon is in a very enviable position, particularly in front of an audience in England, but she will be happy. I think a deal with Labour  was always on the cards really. As much as it might benefit the nationalist identity, she knows five years of Boris would destroy everything outside a square mile in London.

Edited by pre Madonna - 22 Nov 2019 at 9:30pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Corbyn was great there on Question Time

Sturgeon doing well too

What would Hopkiss have made of it? LOL

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Atleast Boris is turning up for debates unlike his predecessors.

Boris, Corbyn, Swinson and Sturgeon are on QT tonight.

2 in 1 week must be a record for the Conserative party.

Boris pulled out of the Channel 4 one on Sunday though

It’s the best thing they can do with him, from their point of view. Keeping Patel and Go e away from cameras would be smart too.

On the flipside, I've noticed Diane Abbott is yet to make a camera appearance, and probably a wise thing to do LOL

Probably more to do with the racist and sexist abuse she takes every time she does.

Or the fact she was Eddie Hearn levels of meme last time round for all the daft things she said

And then decided to get drunk on The Tube sometime last year.

A pure PR disaster.

Did she actually get drunk on the Tube sipping a can of Marks & Spencer Mojito?
Is it physically possible to get drunk sipping M&S Mojitos?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 12:58am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Corbyn was great there on Question Time

Sturgeon doing well too

What would Hopkiss have made of it? LOL

He wholeheartedly agrees with this tweet from a real Tory political consultant Big smile

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 1:17am
Oh and Johnson was a CAR CRASH

A f**king lazy, arrogant, entitled, obnoxious, useless charlatan who didn't even bother to prepare for the debate and bluffed his way through every single question without answering a single one and mumbling his moronic cliche like a less coherent version of Rowley Birkin QC

The quiet dignity of that young woman as she calmly eviscerated him and his bigotry and his callousness and his shamelessness, it was something to behold

f**k him and f**k his party, f**k the whole lot of the bastards, 

f**king vicious, evil ****s

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 10:43am
 Turns out the Sith Ifrican asking about Ruth Smeeth has been on Question Time at least four times. This is a show that it incredibly hard to get tickets for. It is also a show that  says it chooses local audiences. I guess with homes in Sheffield, Chesterfield, Lincoln and Peterborough he is a Tory supporter... I also presume the same person in charge of distribution of tickets has been in charge of getting the panellists over the past while. Explains why Farage was on every other week.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 11:26am

Turns out the Sith Ifrican asking about Ruth Smeeth has been on Question Time at least four times. This is a show that it incredibly hard to get tickets for. It is also a show that  says it chooses local audiences. I guess with homes in Sheffield, Chesterfield, Lincoln and Peterborough he is a Tory supporter... I also presume the same person in charge of distribution of tickets has been in charge of getting the panellists over the past while. Explains why Farage was on every other week.
He's travelled half of Britain
He's never gonna stop
From Peterbrough to Sheffield
He's done the fookin' lot
On Question Time you'll see him
He says "Corbyn's the anti-Christ"
He's a paid Tory supporter
And he's from South Africa

Allez Allez Labour
Allez Allez Labour
Allez Allez Labour
Allez Allez Labour

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 12:02pm
Turns out he is a former Tory candidate for a Hull council and writer for Conservative Home...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-poll-conservatives-labour-brexit-party-boris-johnson-latest-a9215281.html

Looks like the rest of the nation has their head screwed on. 
Polls mean f**k all in a FPTP system and mean even less when they are published by Russian friends of the Eton Trump. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 12:54am
Some fella on Twitter is posting all of Johnson’s novel, tweet by tweet, to show how racist he is. You can certainly see why he admires Churchill! 
Anyone who votes for someone with such appalling views has to be accepting of them. Unfortunately, despite it being 2019, I think the average Tory voter would be encouraged to read about ‘half-castes’, ‘hook-noses’ and ‘slants eyes’. 

There was a full day devoted to Corbyn’s pronunciation being anti-Semitic last week though...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 2:00am
You are struggling to live on 80k a year but want to become a landlord? LOLLOLLOLNo wonder you’re a Tory! Are you sure you weren’t that idiot on Question Time? Society is incredibly broken when there are so many morons being so well paid.

Also, I know you’re semi-literate, but the word you are looking for is ruining, not running.

I wouldn’t believe any poll. Not only is it incredibly difficult to predict, but a lot of the pollsters have a dog in the race. For example, the only poll of opinions for the debate on Friday night was in local media in Wales. It’s almost like they would prefer to ignore it when De Pfeffel makes an absolute **** of himself.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 9:50am

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-poll-conservatives-labour-brexit-party-boris-johnson-latest-a9215281.html

Looks like the rest of the nation has their head screwed on. 

Polls mean f**k all in a FPTP system and mean even less when they are published by Russian friends of the Eton Trump. 

Not all the polls are lying. People aren’t buying the happy friendly
Anti Jewish Grandad look. A lot of Labour areas are hard Brexit areas, it’s splitting the vote. It’ll be a Tory majority. Looking forward to the Tory manifesto coming out. Tax cuts for those on PAYE who have shelved out more during the last number of years, sensible investment into the NHS. One point I like, putting the stamp duty up on foreign investors. I was recently looking at the buy to let market for a HMO, you’re competing against folks from Hong Kong, Shanghai all using the UK for investment. A points based system for immigration  again is very sensible. Fixing the pot holes, my council tax is ridiculous and the country lanes around East Cheshire are ridiculous.
Glad to see that being addressed and rightly so. 

Sensible mandate that should see Boris re-elected with a majority
To get the f**k on with it. Back to running the NHS, schools, policing and taxation stuff we use to talk about before Brexit. Improving the nation while leaving more money at the end of the month in every man and woman’s wage packet.
M

Yes get the pot holes fixed so all those people can get to the multiplying food banks easier.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 8:22pm
I presume Nicky Morgan will get the same treatment in the media as Diane Abbott did...

The huge surge in voters registering, particularly young voters is encouraging. Stormzy’s support seems to have had an impact there too.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 10:00pm
So...Fermanagh South Tyrone? SDLP and SF to split?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 3:54am
Andrew Neil absolutely destroyed Sturgeon tonight it was uncomfortable viewing LOL

She's dealt with questions about Indy Ref for so long now she knows what's coming, give her questions about the actual issues in Scotland and SNP's failed domestic policies she fell apart pretty fast!

"You keep saying the NHS needs protecting from the Tories and Trump but with the SNP's record I'd say the NHS needs protecting from Nicola Sturgeon" ouch Ouch

Liz Truss didn't fare any better mind!

He's got Swinson and Corbyn on Tuesday evening. Criticise his aggressive interview style all you want but the same choreographed questions over and again since 2015 has been giving advantages over other candidates.

Can see why Boris avoided this one and sent someone else to take the bullet instead, coward.

Edited by coyne - 26 Nov 2019 at 3:56am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 1:19pm
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/robert-rowland-eu-parliament-molly-scott-cato-1-6395124

f**king brilliant LOL

Edited by Denis Irwin - 26 Nov 2019 at 1:20pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 2:46am
Good article on which high profile MP's could be the biggest casualties of the GE

Theresa Villiers (0.6% vote majority, Labour gained 11% swing)
Iain Duncan Smith (5.2% vote majority, Labour gained 15% swing)
Anna Soubry - In a heavy Leave constituency when she defected to an Anti-Brexit party
Lesley Laird (0.6% vote majority, SNP had a 35% vote swing in 2015)
Dennis Skinner (11.4% vote majority, in a 70% leave constituency, Tories gained 16% swing)
Tim Farron (1.5% vote majority, Tories gained a 11% vote swing and is only 52% remain)
Nigel Dodds (4.5% vote majority, SF gained a 7% vote swing)

Jo Swinson's in a low vote majority win seat but she's in a remain seat who also voted no to leaving the UK so she's probably just about safe.
**** View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 9:00am
Originally posted by **** **** wrote:

Jezza absolutely trounced Johnson the other night in the debate. Online Twitter poll ITV did in the hour after the debate stated jezza won by 78% to 22% with 28k votes. Yougov said Johnson won it by 51/49% 

Yougov is pro Tory with Tory backers behind it. So that leads me to the other yougov polls. On 30th of October yougov/times poll showed labour at 21%. Latest yougov/times poll on 19th of November showed labour at 30%. With yougov been pro Tory I'd say labour are probably sitting at about 33% with the Tory's sitting at about 38 or 39. It's going to be a lot closer than people think. Few more public debates and Johnson will f**k himself up. 

Another interesting fact from the polls is over 60% of 18 to 35 year olds will be voting labour and it's the total opposite for the over 65s with over 60% pro Tory. 

Latest yougov polls have jezza upto 32% from 21% just over a month ago. In reality he is probably sitting at 34%35% with all the new voters signing up and Tory's on 40% Lim Dem on 13% . SNP 4% brexit party 4% others 4% 

By polling day I can see jezza at about 37% and Tory's either around 39 to 40% 

At 20/1 I've backed a Labour SNP government. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 430431432433434 535>
  Share Topic