You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 429430431432433 535>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:22am
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Borrowing and national debt have increased during Tories austerity since last labour government but Tories still blame labour. Living in Manchester/stockport 4 years, it has surprised me how many Irish vote Tory.....simple reason cos a lot self employed think less taxes under Tories. In groundwork and construction we are all technically self employed paying 20% Cis tax. Most no nothing about politics.....just labour = more tax. Tories less. Dont realise that just works for the rich.
Irish people have voted for conservative governments since the foundation of the state, is it really that odd? 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:32am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

What Labour is proposing is moderate social democracy - a level of state investment slightly above the European average

That's radical in British terms because Britain is the third lowest in Europe for state investment

But by European standards it's perfectly normal

I don't want my politicians to tell me what can't be done

I want politicians to tell me that they have big ideas and big plans for the betterment of society

The sort of stuff that is in Labour's manifesto should only be a start

Societes cannot afford to not think big - we are at a vital point for human existence

The current economic trajectories, especially in Anglo-Saxon type economies, are destroying societies and driving wealth increasingly and inexorably into into the hands of the few

It isn't just creating inequality - it's creating kleptocracies

And they are destroying the planet

Only Labour meets this challenge head on

It's a no-brainer, for anybody who has a vote in this election and any shred of human decency and empathy, a Labour government is a must

Well said. This is vital. I expect us to fail, I lost any faith in humanity around thirty years ago, but it’s possibly our last chance. It’s fairly f**king bleak looking after this.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 5:44pm
Atleast Boris is turning up for debates unlike his predecessors.

Boris, Corbyn, Swinson and Sturgeon are on QT tonight.

2 in 1 week must be a record for the Conserative party.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Boris pulled out of the Channel 4 one on Sunday though
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It’s the best thing they can do with him, from their point of view. Keeping Patel and Go e away from cameras would be smart too.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It’s the best thing they can do with him, from their point of view. Keeping Patel and Go e away from cameras would be smart too.

On the flipside, I've noticed Diane Abbott is yet to make a camera appearance, and probably a wise thing to do LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:05pm

On the flipside, I've noticed Diane Abbott is yet to make a camera appearance, and probably a wise thing to do LOL
Probably more to do with the racist and sexist abuse she takes every time she does.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:08pm

Probably more to do with the racist and sexist abuse she takes every time she does.

Or the fact she was Eddie Hearn levels of meme last time round for all the daft things she said

And then decided to get drunk on The Tube sometime last year.

A pure PR disaster.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:20pm
’Eddie Hearn levels of meme’? f**king hell! Language is definitely retreating. What does it even mean? 

And she had a drink on the tube, something most people who have lived in London have done. It was no big deal, or it wouldn’t have been if it was anyone else. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:28pm

’Eddie Hearn levels of meme’? f**king hell! Language is definitely retreating. What does it even mean? 

And she had a drink on the tube, something most people who have lived in London have done. It was no big deal, or it wouldn’t have been if it was anyone else. 

To be fair, she was more of a liability in the last election than anything else unfortunately. I like her but it's hard to deny that. And when you are a high profile politician it does yourself no favours when you break the law/regulations somewhere, even if it is a daft law (introduced by Boris when he was mayor of London I believe).
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:45pm
She made mistakes, no question, but she got absolutely slated for them. This week has seen further racist articles from Britain’s past;Liz Truss not able to remember the number 0; a Conservative candidate discussing the introduction of concentration camps for people who create social disobedience; another expressing denial of the Holocaust;  Gove being Gove, in an embarrassing interview; Patel denying any responsibility for austerity ( a clip removed from the BBC website, shamelessly) and the Conservative Party being reprimanded by Twitter for misleading people. And yet none of these things got anywhere the same level as MP having drink on tube!
Boris was pissed at a distillery the other week, having previously claimed to be on the wagon until Brexit is done, which led to him turning up to the Cenotaph still half-cut, hardly a peep. The double standards are appalling.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:58pm
That's the thing in today's era of Social media though, if you're trending on Twitter for all the wrong reasons and it's not once, not twice, but 3 or 4 times, you're in serious trouble and are a PR disaster.

Social Media usually favours the Labour party too which made it even worse for Abbott, and it's stuff which is never reported in the news - Right now as I type this trending you got a couple thousand people crammed outside the QT studio singing 'Ohh Jeremy Corbyn'

London is increasingly predominately Labour anyhow but images of that they'd want to spread on Social Media not meme's of Abbott.

Edited by coyne - 22 Nov 2019 at 7:03pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:22pm

She's well able to dish out her own racism. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Christ on a bike. 

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:47pm

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Christ on a bike. 

I know, it's shocking. Racists out!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:51pm
Put the rod away or get better bait. Ya can’t catch a fisherman.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:03pm
Corbyn was great there on Question Time

Sturgeon doing well too
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:11pm
Swinson was exposed for her new party stance on "We're revoking regardless of anyone says" stance and she has backed herself into a corner with nowhere to go

1) The hard remain constituencies were always gonna be hers to win this GE so she gained nothing from switching from 2nd referendum to hard remain stance and the centre-left voters who want to remain but on a People's Vote have been left upset with her undemocratic stance.

2) The biggest problem is she's promised she's revoking A50 but she's not going to win a majority, she thinks she can but she's deluded. If she's to enter a coalition then her stance is going to have to change which makes her Nick Clegg v2 and we all know what happened to him when he sold out with his Uni tuition fees promise.

Corbyn and Sturgeon seemed to be singing from the same hymn sheet at times, if the SNP wipe out the Tories in Scotland then a rainbow coalition is probably almost certain imo.

Boris looked like he had the same adviser as Prince Andrew, out of his depth and lost.

Edited by coyne - 22 Nov 2019 at 9:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 429430431432433 535>
  Share Topic