You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 426427428429430 535>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:09pm
Tax rise only applies to people who earn more than £80,000 a year. And they'll pay only an extra £2,400 a year.
I can't even imagine how they'll cope having to pay an extra 3% of their nearly 6 digit salary. I thought this was the end to austerity.

The 200% tax on 2nd homes is an outrage too. Greedy working class mongrels being afford 2 properties at once.

Edited by coyne - 21 Nov 2019 at 6:12pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Tax rise only applies to people who earn more than £80,000 a year. And they'll pay only an extra £2,400 a year.

I can't even imagine how they'll cope having to pay an extra 3% of their nearly 6 digit salary. I thought this was the end to austerity.

But that depends on circumstances, family size, location, earners in the house. The 5% figure can be misleading.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

But that depends on circumstances, family size, location, earners in the house. The 5% figure can be misleading.

Exactly. It's a tax aimed at your typical footballer family or super business owner, some random man in Buckinghamshire with his crumpets who gets his teeth whitened every week won't have a problem with the extra tax.

Faux outrage.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:17pm

Exactly. It's a tax aimed at your typical footballer family or super business owner, some random man in Buckinghamshire with his crumpets who gets his teeth whitened every week won't have a problem with the extra tax.

Faux outrage.

I wouldn’t say the criticism is misplaced depending on who you are talking to and where.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:33pm
A lot of the examples mentioned there are factual. If you believe this tax is about Alexis Sanchez style earners you won’t see the issue, but it depends on personal circumstances. Also households that raise a collective £80k where two people work will remain individualised and the collective will be taxed at a lower rate. It’s over classified.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:45pm
People are just getting by on 80k. LOLI’ll gladly get by on four times my wages. Punishing personal success? I suppose you only judge success in money, not everybody does, nor should they! To some people I know success is survival. 
People at the bottom bailed out the bankers. It took two world wars for Britain to realise a better way is available, maybe a third is needed to remind them? All that is being asked is to pay a fair rate of tax, comparable with well run social democracies elsewhere. The rich will still be rich, what’s wrong with trying to build a meritocracy? What’s wrong with a fairer society? 

Mindless consumption is killing the planet and destroying society, that thing the Tories hate but we all live in, changes have to be made. Radicalism is needed and the time for it is now. Unfortunately, the reality is Britain will get the government it votes for and deserves. Even more unfortunate is that it is the most vulnerable that will suffer from the Thatcherism on steroids the racist buffoon is proposing. It doesn’t matter though, they are only common garden people, without drive and ambition, otherwise they wouldn’t have to really on food banks or the NHS. The people that loved them are only prole scum that don’t matter, not the way tax breaks for the rich and a second home matter, or f**king Brexit matters. Sure don’t the rich all give to char-a-see? 

If you have a vote and have a f**king heart, vote Labour. 

Edited by pre Madonna - 21 Nov 2019 at 6:47pm
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:58pm
Boris on the conservative party broadcast on BBC, he's that mad he is actually likable LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Boris on the conservative party broadcast on BBC, he's that mad he is actually likable LOL
He is one of the most disgusting ****s in the history of the Conservative Party. 
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

An extra 2400 a year is my other half’s car for the year, or the family shopping for the year. I’m sorry it’s same nonsense he tried last time, so this time he’s just went we’ll tax folks more and give more and we can everything you’ve ever dreamed off and we’ll drag the UK into more debt. 

People are just getting by on 80k In some areas as mad as that sounds to some. You’ll find their partner doesn’t work, as she raises the kids and it was cheaper for her to give up work than pay child care. Or they’re living in places like Cheshire, never mind London. Council tax is 220 a month for a 2 bed house, by that logic they should sell their homes due to Corbyn. 

It’s the same old for Labour, punish the nation for any sort of personal success. 
Padraig Flynn is on ybig now

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 21 Nov 2019 at 7:07pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:20pm
Labour all the way

The time for really bold, radical politics is now

If it isn't now, there will never be a time
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:39pm
People on Twitter are freaking out over Noel Gallagher getting an Irish passport. LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

An extra 2400 a year is my other half’s car for the year, or the family shopping for the year. I’m sorry it’s same nonsense he tried last time, so this time he’s just went we’ll tax folks more and give more and we can everything you’ve ever dreamed off and we’ll drag the UK into more debt. 

People are just getting by on 80k In some areas as mad as that sounds to some. You’ll find their partner doesn’t work, as she raises the kids and it was cheaper for her to give up work than pay child care. Or they’re living in places like Cheshire, never mind London. Council tax is 220 a month for a 2 bed house, by that logic they should sell their homes due to Corbyn. 

It’s the same old for Labour, punish the nation for any sort of personal success. 

But when you break it down, it’s not like that. It’s a point that people don’t like to hear, but high earners don’t have big piles of gold like Scrooge McDuff. In places like London a single earner on 80k with a mortgage and dependants will see very little of that after any attempt to save while covering outlays.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:44pm
My vote is going to the Monster Raving Loony Party.

As commentated during the EU elections, the problem with them lot is the rest of British politics is becoming more loony than those lads LOL

Their only policy is to send Noel Edmonds to the negotiations as he's most understanding about Deal or No Deal LOL 

Edited by coyne - 21 Nov 2019 at 8:47pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:52pm
JUI

But when you break it down, it’s not like that. It’s a point that people don’t like to hear, but high earners don’t have big piles of gold like Scrooge McDuff. In places like London a single earner on 80k with a mortgage and dependants will see very little of that after any attempt to save while covering outlays.
Then maybe they should do what the poor have been told for the passed decade and manage their money better? 

Being snide aside, there’s no doubt London is an expensive city, of that there is no doubt and much of that is down to the two tier economy that exists in Britain. 80k buys you half a home, or more, in some parts of the country! There shouldn’t be a widespread difference like that! Big cities are expected to have capital, but not to this extent.

Regarding dependents, the argument is that the money is going into social spending, thus taking the burden off the dependency. The money is to ensure those that need looking after are. There will always be a cut off point that may seem unfair to those on the threshold or exceptions, but the reality is in London that people providing vital services are really struggling financially. I don’t think anybody can argue that is right and this is a genuine attempt to address that.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:58pm
Riley's a nasty, vicious, racist **** who has literally lined up with the the far right. Given Channel 4's status as a state-owned 'public service' broadcaster, her continued employment should be completely untenable - that would be if it weren't for the fact that she's a Tory shill and they run the channel through the DCMS. It won't stop me writing to Channel 4 and OFCOM demanding her instant dismissal, though.

She's clearly as thick as sh*t as well - utterly vacuous - her every utterance and deed exposes this. I can't believe some people think her intelligent because she can, ostensibly, do a bit of simple arithmetic on a daytime quiz show. It's television! Pre-recorded television. The answers are obviously given to her.

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:59pm

It's 'McDuck'. He's a duck.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:03pm
HU
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Quack.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 426427428429430 535>
  Share Topic