You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 421422423424425 535>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 9:37am
Prince Andrews interview was some craic last night. Calling His Royal Nonceness a half wit would be too kind to him 
El Puto Amo
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 9:42am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Prince Andrews interview was some craic last night. Calling His Royal Nonceness a half wit would be too kind to him 
Some of the journos on the Andrew Marr show were critical of him earlier saying it makes him look worse. 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

The only thing he is guilty of is being ‘too honourable’...

Interviewer:

But you were staying at the house of a convicted sex offender.

Prince Andrew:

It was a convenient place to stay. I mean I’ve gone through this in my mind so many times. At the end of the day, with a benefit of all the hindsight that one can have, it was definitely the wrong thing to do. But at the time I felt it was the honourable and right thing to do and I admit fully that my judgement was probably coloured by my tendency to be too honourable but that’s just the way it is.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 2:15pm
He can’t be a nonce, he can’t sweat and likes pizza.
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 3:38pm
Teen sex?....... No sweat!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 8:43pm
The headline in the New York Post is f**king genius! 

‘His Royal Dryness’. LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The headline in the New York Post is f**king genius! 

‘His Royal Dryness’. LOL
It’s brilliant LOLClap
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:17am
Did I notice a typo a few posts back? It's Prince, not Ponce Andrew!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 1:15pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:36am
I fear the worst for the great man Dennis Skinner, a quick look at the local polls in the very marginal constituencies suggests he could the biggest casualty of the election.

Brexit Party polling very well in the Labour stronghold in the North East in the more deprived constituencies - Middlesbrough South, Bishop Auckland and Hartlepool and then down the east coast into Sc'unthorpe and Grimsby.

Labour need some serious gains from the Tories otherwise it could get ugly.

Edited by coyne - 20 Nov 2019 at 12:37am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:55am
It’s already ugly. The first time I have settled in a place in my life and I might have to leave because of this vindictive, lying piece of sh*t. Nobody challenges any of his lies! Last night, while he wasn’t answering questions about the rampant racism in his party, while a man who has devoted his life to fighting it was answering questions about make believe racism, the Tories own press office changed their name and logo on social media to deceive people. 
He has lied about every single thing, from Russia to the NHS and has implied people are above the law in Britain in 2019. Still people vote for them.

People voted for the Nazis and like Coldplay, I suppose, but this is inexplicable, inexcusable and unforgivable. Anybody who votes for them, or their allies in sandals, is either without a conscience or a f**king moron. Either way, they can get in the f**king sea.

Edited by pre Madonna - 20 Nov 2019 at 7:56am
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:51am
Brit media have a lot to answer for. He lies and lies, and we know he lies. We know he has built a career out of lies, yet he is rarely really pushed on it. 

This is what politics has become. Just say things. Doesn't matter if it's true or not, at least you'll have a group in an audience who will clap like seals anyways. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:09am
Who are ye talking about lads? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:09am
Skinner would be a remarkable casualty, to the point that no matter what the polls say, I wouldn’t expect it to happen, particularly when it comes to lifelong Labour voters changing coats. Especially considering Skinner’s support for Brexit which marks him out amongst the remainers and those attempting to be political about it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:10am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Who are ye talking about lads? 
The **** you want a pint with.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:17am
I think Corbyn came out looking the better last night, and I think the stunt on Twitter was absolutely ****ish and I think it has backfired badly on the Tories. A long way to go with this. Debate format last night was terrible. There should be no audience. f**k all intervention from the presenter. Just a proper mediator and let them at it. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:22am
I agree about the format and the presenter cutting them off, I just these things themselves are a ahitshow, despite it being an excellent night for Corbyn. It’s the Americanisation of politics, basing it on personality more than policy. 

In any case, the opinion gathered suggests it was a good night overall. The Twitter stunt has backfired spectacularly and the polls went from 51-49, excluding don’t knows, to Boris, which is pretty poor given his lead in the polls, to 78-22 on ITV’s own sample.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:25am
The real problem is that it’s a pre-manifesto debate. Personally, I felt neither representative made any crucial inroads and it was a damp squib.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 421422423424425 535>
  Share Topic