You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 402403404405406 536>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Nicola Sturgeon has came out and backed him. I'd say the pay off is a second referendum. 

If this comes down to single digits it will put some pressure on the provos. 
No it won’t you plank 

And why won't it? The scummers call themselves a North and South party. They represent 2 states. This issue IS one of the biggest issues to affect both states since WW2. 
If jezza is down to single digits and the scummers are shouting from both sides of their mouth then pressure will come from all sides to take their seats. 
It could either do 2 things to the scummers if they took their seats 1. Both north and south they would have huge electoral success or 2. Quite the opposite. I'd be more confident on no.1 coming about if they did do it. I'd might actually vote for the ****s myself 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

He has not been turfed out. He has been suspended. The same fate as Ken Livingstone, who was ultimately allowed to resign from the party a long time after the issue arose. This is the opposite to Alistair Campbell who was actually thrown out of the party after the European Elections in May. And this is to Borussia’s point. A quick process would have satisfied people, but instead it has been long winded and dragged out. Williamson will be allowed have his day, and this will be examined properly before a final decision is made.

Williamson has been that voice in the Labour Party who has been downplaying a very serious concern, which has regularly gone beyond blurred lines, and has run the gambit from the Parliamentary Party all the way down to ordinary members. And let’s be honest, his rhetoric specific to the matter has been inflammatory, and more concerned about the interests of the Party as opposed to its members or the people it wants to represent.
That is the biggest load of bollocks I have read on this site. Absolutely staggering! 

It makes me understand mass shootings.

Hon PM LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 6:08pm

Addressing the issue, I see.
I have previously addressed the issue and you replied with what I only see as insufferable gibberish. What am I supposed to do with that? I am at a loss for words. Sorry.

It’s not insufferable gibberish. I would give links but when I used do that people used accuse me of being a Fine Galer waiting for my junior cert results.

You just don’t like it. That’s fine.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 6:14pm
No, the second paragraph, in particular, is straight from the Territorial school of absolute nonsense. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 6:21pm

No, the second paragraph, in particular, is straight from the Territorial school of absolute nonsense. 

Quick google searches will show that what I’m saying is far from nonsense.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 6:22pm
What am I searching for! That’s my point! I haven’t got a notion what you are trying to say! Maybe my level of English has deteriorated, but I am at a total loss!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 6:24pm

What am I searching for! That’s my point! I haven’t got a notion what you are trying to say! Maybe my level of English has deteriorated, but I am at a total loss!

You’re better than that PM. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 6:26pm

Nicola Sturgeon has came out and backed him. I'd say the pay off is a second referendum. 

No it won’t you plank 

And why won't it? The scummers call themselves a North and South party. They represent 2 states. This issue IS one of the biggest issues to affect both states since WW2. 
If jezza is down to single digits and the scummers are shouting from both sides of their mouth then pressure will come from all sides to take their seats. 
It could either do 2 things to the scummers if they took their seats 1. Both north and south they would have huge electoral success or 2. Quite the opposite. I'd be more confident on no.1 coming about if they did do it. I'd might actually vote for the ****s myself 

What part of no it won’t you plank didn’t you understand ? 

There is none nada zilch pressure from their base to take up their seats in wm on the contrary they would shed votes if they did 

And you can imagine how voting with SF the opposition would be painted by the government 

SF taking up their seats in wm ? at least it gave me a laugh

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 6:42pm

I am not, certainly not in this instance, as I am genuinely at a complete  loss. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 7:07pm

I am not, certainly not in this instance, as I am genuinely at a complete  loss. 

Okay. I’ll humour you. My second paragraph attempted to make the following points:

1.The anti semitism has occurred due to the words of some members of Labour’s Parliamentary Party, some local elected representatives, and some grassroots members.

2.Williamson has been at the forefront of downplaying the issue be it by his statements, or the people he has consorted with.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 8:00pm
1. Examples. Genuine ones.

2. Who has he consorted with? I would suggest that some of his statements have been bullish and perhaps ill-advised, but it has unquestionably been a witch hunt to remove a left-wing MP from the party from the neo-liberal lobbyists in the party. I have yet to see anything attributed to him that is anti-Semitic, nor have I seen him consort with anybody that is anti-Semitic.
He is rightly critical of Israel and some of those he consorts with are critical of Israel. Many of those are Jewish themselves. It is deliberately muddying the waters and cannot possibly be seen as anything else.

I genuinely didn't get that from your previous post, even if I think the above is absolute sh*te too.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 8:39pm

No it won’t you plank 

Sinn Fein will not take their seats. They have a mandate not to take their seats. Could you image if they took the oath, their entire support would collapse, everything they have ever stood for would be gone.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 8:54pm

2. Who has he consorted with? I would suggest that some of his statements have been bullish and perhaps ill-advised, but it has unquestionably been a witch hunt to remove a left-wing MP from the party from the neo-liberal lobbyists in the party. I have yet to see anything attributed to him that is anti-Semitic, nor have I seen him consort with anybody that is anti-Semitic.
He is rightly critical of Israel and some of those he consorts with are critical of Israel. Many of those are Jewish themselves. It is deliberately muddying the waters and cannot possibly be seen as anything else.

I genuinely didn't get that from your previous post, even if I think the above is absolute sh*te too.

The examples of expulsions and suspensions are widely available on google. And if you accept the highly pernicious nature of anti semitism which has undoubtedly been blurred with anti Zionism, then you see why this is a major issue. This examples range from people like Ken Livingstone to Naz Shah (who profusely apologised), councillors in greater London, the midlands and the north. The Chakrabarti Report, while criticised, didn’t shirk the issue of anti semitism, and even Corbyn been clear about it. Important members the media, such as Owen Jones don’t shirk it either. They grasp the nettle.

The people who he has consorted are people suspended and expelled by the party, which suggests his attitude of “nothing to see here”. He has never said anything anti semetic. Nothing at all. But he has said stuff that would suggest he doesn’t take the issue in the same way as the vast majority. His attitude smacks of a belief that anybody left wing can’t hold views like that. 

Williamson has made his own bed, and it’s not limited to this issue. 

Edited by Het-field - 15 Aug 2019 at 8:55pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:17pm

The examples of expulsions and suspensions are widely available on google. And if you accept the highly pernicious nature of anti semitism which has undoubtedly been blurred with anti Zionism, then you see why this is a major issue. This examples range from people like Ken Livingstone to Naz Shah (who profusely apologised), councillors in greater London, the midlands and the north. The Chakrabarti Report, while criticised, didn’t shirk the issue of anti semitism, and even Corbyn been clear about it. Important members the media, such as Owen Jones don’t shirk it either. They grasp the nettle.

The people who he has consorted are people suspended and expelled by the party, which suggests his attitude of “nothing to see here”. He has never said anything anti semetic. Nothing at all. But he has said stuff that would suggest he doesn’t take the issue in the same way as the vast majority. His attitude smacks of a belief that anybody left wing can’t hold views like that. 

Williamson has made his own bed, and it’s not limited to this issue. 
I am well aware of those, but I asked you to provide them. The reason should be obvious as to why. I want to see what you view as anti-Semitism. What Shah did and posted was anti-Zionist and anti-Israeli, I do not see how in any way it is anti-Semitic.   To say that is anti-Semitic is ludicrous to me. She apologised for the sake of her career, rightly or wrongly. She has also made far bigger blunders on social media, but then that didn't bother the Zionists.
Ken has just lost it, I am afraid. He wants to remain relevant and has got sillier and sillier to do so. Even if I feel his heart is still very much in the right place. 
That report was a load of wank. This bollocks that you cannot compare Israel to the Nazis is just wrong; if they do not want to be compared then the state should start behaving in a humane manner and respecting international law.
I respect Jones, I disagree with him here. Because of that I want him expelled from..sorry, I want nothing to happen. I do agree with him that Labour should have done more at the start and I agree that Labour cannot be too apologetic about any form of racism. Those blurred lines have made the situation enormously difficult though and that is why there has to be an element of patience and common sense to this. The whole point of it is to divide Labour, it certainly  isn't because anybody cares if someone made an offensive remark or not.

What he has said is that Labour has been too apologetic. I would disagree, personally, but that is not something to be thrown out, sorry, suspended for. If it is then there should be suspensions left, centre and centre-right across the party for all manner of things. I also do not believe that inviting people to speak at events or talking to them, unless they are inexcusably bad should be the Labour way. Dialogue and hearing things out is the way forward. Williamson has faults, I am not championing him, even if he seems a decent MP and all that, but there is nowhere near enough to suspend him for but the neo-Liberals are going to win out anyway. I have accepted that. This isn't about Williamson, it is about stopping the first genuinely good man from becoming PM in generations. That isn't allowed anymore.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 10:00pm
Well you can say it’s ludicrous if you like. Anti semitism is deeply pernicious and is often couched in the most dog whistle ways possible. In particular the anti semetic conspiracy of “influence”, or alliances which dates back years, and have been the very basis of most anti semitism. It is often harder to spot, as it’s not the same as Bojo’s statements that have rightfully been returned to. Then again, there are just some blatant anti Semitic tropes that Labour members have been disciplined for. The difficult thing is it often is reduced down to politics, and to simple value judgements which allows one persons anti Zionism to be another’s anti semitism. But the lines have now become so blurred that you can be forgiven for scanning any statement that claims to be anti Zionist for anti semitism.

Williamson’s statement that got him suspended was not the first. In 2017 he was actually significantly more dismissive as he was trying to stand out as a Corbynista acolyte. That was when he came to peoples attention first. Since then if it’s not been about democratising safe seats (as opposed to fighting for marginals which actually would make a noticeable difference), it’s been about Maduro, or Salisbury, or his solo run about doubling council tax on high value homes for which he was relieved of his duties as a shadow minister. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 10:25pm

Well you can say it’s ludicrous if you like. Anti semitism is deeply pernicious and is often couched in the most dog whistle ways possible. In particular the anti semetic conspiracy of “influence”, or alliances which dates back years, and have been the very basis of most anti semitism. It is often harder to spot, as it’s not the same as Bojo’s statements that have rightfully been returned to. Then again, there are just some blatant anti Semitic tropes that Labour members have been disciplined for. The difficult thing is it often is reduced down to politics, and to simple value judgements which allows one persons anti Zionism to be another’s anti semitism. But the lines have now become so blurred that you can be forgiven for scanning any statement that claims to be anti Zionist for anti semitism.

Williamson’s statement that got him suspended was not the first. In 2017 he was actually significantly more dismissive as he was trying to stand out as a Corbynista acolyte. That was when he came to peoples attention first. Since then if it’s not been about democratising safe seats (as opposed to fighting for marginals which actually would make a noticeable difference), it’s been about Maduro, or Salisbury, or his solo run about doubling council tax on high value homes for which he was relieved of his duties as a shadow minister. 

Nobody is denying that anti-Semitism is horrible or pernicious or any of the rest. This is the sort of nonsense that I struggled with earlier, saying the obvious to avoid the actual matter in hand, which is a deliberate problem in this debate. This is blurring the lines. 

If Williamson was suspended for Salisbury, I could understand it. He wasn't. If he was suspended for being anti-Semitic, I could understand. If he was suspended for engaging with Holocaust deniers, I could understand. He was thrown out for saying Labour was 'too apologetic' on the matter, in a speech which in its full context describes that the party should have been standing up for itself to a media that is demonising it.
I don't agree with that. I don't think enough can ever be done against any and all racism and prejudice, but the wider point he was making is broadly correct and to be suspended for that is frankly absurd and shows that those who wanted to split the party are winning. I for one would like to welcome our new, bland and corporate leader, the one that looks like all other politicians everywhere, the type that meant Farage and Johnson and Trump could masquerade as anti-establishment and get away with it, by leaving.

By the way, I thought there was some merit on his council tax policy, albeit I would be more in favour of it on second homes.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 10:32pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Williamson has always struck me as trying to be the “best boy” in Corbyn’s class, and it’s totally backfired. His career has been varied so unlike Abbott or McDonnell he has never been consistent enough to join the club.
Whatever about any of that, whatever about what you think of him as an individual politician, he has had words deliberately taken out of context to suit a certain agenda.

There is a racist and open Islamophobe as PM. The government has removed British citizens from the UK for being black and you have so called Labour members and supporters hounding a Labour MP for absolutely f**k all. 
I don’t even agree with what he said, but to think you can be kicked out of the party for that and have a media witch hunt shows that some ethnic groups are more important than others and that is completely wrong.

But surely if the Labour party made a proper effort to tackle anti-semitism then it would stop it potentially losing votes over the issue and also show the stark contrast to the lack of efforts the Tories are making to tackle their obvious issues. 
But tackle what exactly? This is the problem! Most of it is on Twitter, how do you tackle that!? More of it again is anti-Israel and not anti-Semitic? The lines are being deliberately blurred there by an agenda, some within the Labour Party.

I agree that at times it has been mismanaged, but the coverage it gets compared to unquestionable Islamophobia in the Tory Party and even Windrush is absolutely shocking.

And therein lies the problem - The "they're worse than us" argument could easily be a reason that keeps Labour out and let's the Tories stay in by default which would be criminal. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 10:37pm

Williamson has always struck me as trying to be the “best boy” in Corbyn’s class, and it’s totally backfired. His career has been varied so unlike Abbott or McDonnell he has never been consistent enough to join the club.
Whatever about any of that, whatever about what you think of him as an individual politician, he has had words deliberately taken out of context to suit a certain agenda.

There is a racist and open Islamophobe as PM. The government has removed British citizens from the UK for being black and you have so called Labour members and supporters hounding a Labour MP for absolutely f**k all. 
I don’t even agree with what he said, but to think you can be kicked out of the party for that and have a media witch hunt shows that some ethnic groups are more important than others and that is completely wrong.

But surely if the Labour party made a proper effort to tackle anti-semitism then it would stop it potentially losing votes over the issue and also show the stark contrast to the lack of efforts the Tories are making to tackle their obvious issues. 
But tackle what exactly? This is the problem! Most of it is on Twitter, how do you tackle that!? More of it again is anti-Israel and not anti-Semitic? The lines are being deliberately blurred there by an agenda, some within the Labour Party.

I agree that at times it has been mismanaged, but the coverage it gets compared to unquestionable Islamophobia in the Tory Party and even Windrush is absolutely shocking.

And therein lies the problem - The "they're worse than us" argument could easily be a reason that keeps Labour out and let's the Tories stay in by default which would be criminal. 
That wasn't the argument or the point! The point is that British people being deported for being British seemed to be equal, or even less important than deciding whether something was anti-Zionist or anti-Semitic.
Of course the latter is important, but if you landed in Britain for Mars you would certainly think there is a hierarchy of races and ethnicities, which is in itself the problem. That was my point, not who was doing them. 
It is completely illogical and something I would struggle to get my head around, if the reason why wasn't so obvious. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 402403404405406 536>
  Share Topic