You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 370371372373374 535>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Imagine she walked and revoked Art.50 at the same time LOL
The thought crossed my mind earlier. It would be the ultimate two fingers to all those who tried to stab her in the back and salvage her reputation, at least with a large section of the population. It isn't that preposterous.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I wonder will she just walk ? Not sure that is her style. 
Dancing is more her style.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:08pm
But it can’t happen that way, legally. The Miller case would kybosh it unless it goes through Parliament, so an announcement like that could be quickly displaced.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

But it can’t happen that way, legally. The Miller case would kybosh it unless it goes through Parliament, so an announcement like that could be quickly displaced.

Have seen elsewhere suggestions she could 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:14pm
I had thought she would have to go through parliament to revoke also.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:15pm

Rumours that May will make a statement in Downing St. at 8pm

News of this was officially broken by Varadkar. The amount of hostility for him and Ireland on twitter for butting into their affairs is something to behold. Would May have asked him to let that information out or was his acting off the cuff?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:15pm

Have seen elsewhere suggestions she could 

One might do it, but in practice it can be set aside. It would be a pointless exercise.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:19pm

No, but she can put forward a vote on doing so as a parting gift. It would be a massive dilemma for individual MP's, I doubt it could pass, but it might be her way of releasing the frustration of the past few years and taking a principled stand on departure.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

No, but she can put forward a vote on doing so as a parting gift. It would be a massive dilemma for individual MP's, I doubt it could pass, but it might be her way of releasing the frustration of the past few years and taking a principled stand on departure.

But that would only be a vote, which again would depend entirely on the political will, and wouldn’t amount to revocation.

It really depends on how May views Brexit, and she has not really come across as wanting to avoid the inevitability at all costs.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:49pm

No, but she can put forward a vote on doing so as a parting gift. It would be a massive dilemma for individual MPs, I doubt it could pass, but it might be her way of releasing the frustration of the past few years and taking a principled stand on departure.

But that would only be a vote, which again would depend entirely on the political will, and wouldn’t amount to revocation.

It really depends on how May views Brexit, and she has not really come across as wanting to avoid the inevitability at all costs.
Well, it is often forgotten that she was never in favour of Brexit and has spent her entire time as PM trying to appease Brexiteers. It isn't beyond the realms of fantasy, although skirting very close to it, that she might decide to give them a parting shot.

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:50pm
Interestingly Tusk didn't rule out a longer term extension.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:57pm
What are the chances of Jeremy Beadle coming into Brussels the night of Thursday 28th March whipping off a Theresa May costume and telling everyone that Brexit was just a wind up on everyone?  The real Theresa May walks out in stiches of laughter and Donald Tusk points at her shouting ''I f**king knew it had to be a wind-up!''and swears before breaking into laughter.  Then March 29th Beadle has May and Tusk back at the itv studio laughing off the whole episode before Beadle says to the audience ''give Donald and the EU a big round of applause for being such great sports.'' Cue crowd cheering and applauding.

Image result for beadles about
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 6:05pm

No, but she can put forward a vote on doing so as a parting gift. It would be a massive dilemma for individual MPs, I doubt it could pass, but it might be her way of releasing the frustration of the past few years and taking a principled stand on departure.

Well, it is often forgotten that she was never in favour of Brexit and has spent her entire time as PM trying to appease Brexiteers. It isn't beyond the realms of fantasy, although skirting very close to it, that she might decide to give them a parting shot.

She was a Remainer, that is true. As was appeasing Brexiteers. However, I think the appetite for Brexit has been sufficient to avoid any moves to stop it on a whim. I also feels she knows it would be legally difficult.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 6:09pm

She was a Remainer, that is true. As was appeasing Brexiteers. However, I think the appetite for Brexit has been sufficient to avoid any moves to stop it on a whim. I also feels she knows it would be legally difficult.
It is highly unlikely, I just wouldn't rule it out. It would be straight from the mind of Armando Iannucci! Her patience must be completely gone with the Brexiteers though.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 6:12pm

It is highly unlikely, I just wouldn't rule it out. It would be straight from the mind of Armando Iannucci! Her patience must be completely gone with the Brexiteers though.

Totally. And I think any efforts on the part of leavers to stare down the EU until the final moments as it would be one of the most monumentally stupid political approaches ever taken. The DUP may well be a lost cause but those numbers could conceivably be made up elsewhere.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 8:20pm
Statement due soon from May......
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 8:52pm
To nobody's great surprise it was complete bollox 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 9:02pm
She's basically just got up there and said "Brexit means Brexit" again !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 370371372373374 535>
  Share Topic