You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 361362363364365 535>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I see the Daily Mail has a few articles now outlining the terrible consequences of no deal because they simply can't deny reality any longer. Their readers certainly can though, going by the comments under these articles. There really is a huge amount of deluded morons in Britain. 

If these idiots look for an extension simply to go round and round in the same circles the EU should tell them where to go. 

My understanding (for some reason) is that an extension will only be granted in the event of General Election, or fresh negotiations, which will undoubtedly lead to an even less desirable version of “the deal” from a UK point of view. They won’t grant it simply because the UK’s house isn’t in order.

I think the take away the UK have got from this is that any illusions of desperation on the part of the EU is far fetched.

That is my understanding also but the way they are talking it is like they think that they can unilaterally apply an extension. My understanding is not only does the EU have to agree but that there has to be unanimity across all 27. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 11:29am

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I see the Daily Mail has a few articles now outlining the terrible consequences of no deal because they simply can't deny reality any longer. Their readers certainly can though, going by the comments under these articles. There really is a huge amount of deluded morons in Britain. 

If these idiots look for an extension simply to go round and round in the same circles the EU should tell them where to go. 

My understanding (for some reason) is that an extension will only be granted in the event of General Election, or fresh negotiations, which will undoubtedly lead to an even less desirable version of “the deal” from a UK point of view. They won’t grant it simply because the UK’s house isn’t in order.

I think the take away the UK have got from this is that any illusions of desperation on the part of the EU is far fetched.

That is my understanding also but the way they are talking it is like they think that they can unilaterally apply an extension. My understanding is not only does the EU have to agree but that there has to be unanimity across all 27. 

Quite possibly. But I suspect that would be almost by course given the negotiators for the EU are speaking on behalf of the institution. The one thing that most seem to want to avoid is the hard Brexit, so I think it’s unlikely that there would be much pushback internally.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 11:36am
Hard to know what mood the Spanish would be in though!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 11:43am
Say there ends up being a withdrawal agreement acceptable to both sides and we then have a 2 year transition phase while we negotiate the trade deal. Could it be that by the end of that transition period we have this sh*t show again with nothing agreed? If there was no agreement would it be as a catastrophic as if there is no withdrawal agreement or would the withdrawal agreement have enough stuff covered in it to avoid utter catastrophe?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 11:51am
The problem is the legal default mandates a hard Brexit. Once article 50 was triggered it made that the inevitable outcome, unless a deal could be drawn up facilitating the UK outside of the EU.

I don’t see any reason why the agreement couldn’t include a holding period to extend negotiations, but like you say, that would necessitate good faith negotiation, or a hard Brexit is just being kicked down the line.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 12:32pm
Ian Blackford and Theresa May seem to absolutely hate each other. I think their exchanges in the house of commons are similar to what you would have if Sinn Fein ever actually took their seats.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 27 Feb 2019 at 12:32pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 4:31pm
Sky News just tweeted...

Sky News understands the Japanese carmaker Nissan is considering plans to cut back production line shifts at its Sunderland plant which could threaten 400 jobs
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 5:08pm
Karen Bradley, take a bow.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 6:25pm
she's thick as mince
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 6:40pm
An insult to mince, that.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 6:44pm
f**king hell 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:09pm
The tories really really want the provos back don’t they?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:10pm
very true SD. the tories are a sickening bunch.

i see it was in response to little emma.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/f4ac8afc-6502-4c24-b3f2-af9bc92c7529?in=11:51:52&out=11:52:50
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:14pm
Bradley reminds me of Chief Inspector Dixon from In the Name of the Father. ''These people have committed crimes Mrs. Pearce. And they did it for a cause. Thats the worst kind''

''But they didn't do it Chief Inspector''

''They all did it.''
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:16pm
If they were to come back they could make a lot of political capital with one or two well-chosen executions.  

Joking aside, this Tommy Robinson comeback needs to be nipped in the bud. At the very least he needs his kneecaps removed. More thuggery from him last night and, unfortunately, the only thing his type understand is a hiding. The NF were beaten back in the '80s, I think similar is needed again.

As for Bradley... I prefer when Tories are honest. It makes it so much easier to explain my hatred for them It is the ones that think like this (all of them), but don't say it, they're the bigger problem.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 8:21pm
Bradley is a feckin disgrace typical Tory slavering all over the DUP.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 12:07am
She has to go
Disgusting comments from the clueless ****
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 4:45am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

If they were to come back they could make a lot of political capital with one or two well-chosen executions.  

Joking aside, this Tommy Robinson comeback needs to be nipped in the bud. At the very least he needs his kneecaps removed. More thuggery from him last night and, unfortunately, the only thing his type understand is a hiding. The NF were beaten back in the '80s, I think similar is needed again.

As for Bradley... I prefer when Tories are honest. It makes it so much easier to explain my hatred for them It is the ones that think like this (all of them), but don't say it, they're the bigger problem.

100% agree.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 361362363364365 535>
  Share Topic