You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 322323324325326 536>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 12:51pm
That'll be a break there 'Jason', not the first time bigoted views have been sprouted by you on here.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 2:56pm
Anti Semitism is often couched in conspiracy theory and innuendo. As a result the lines sometimes appear blurred, when in fact it's quite obvious what the intent is. Even if it is just an unfortunate use of the term, the word crafty would undoubtedly fall into the category of the innuendo I have mentioned.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Anti Semitism is often couched in conspiracy theory and innuendo. As a result the lines sometimes appear blurred, when in fact it's quite obvious what the intent is. Even if it is just an unfortunate use of the term, the word crafty would undoubtedly fall into the category of the innuendo I have mentioned.

Exactly. 

I love the way 'crafty' is used as a more acceptable term to deliver the same bigoted generalisation of a given social group.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 5:22pm

LOLLOLLOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 5:49pm
The correlation between complete idiocy and wealth in the modern world only highlights the failure of global capitalism.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 6:06pm
Poor aul "Tommy" LOL

His nightmare is over for the moment anyway
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 11:44pm
See that BJ has proven himself successful that he doesn't need to be Foreign Secretary to upset people.

Muslim women who wear burkas look like bank robbers apparently.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

See that BJ has proven himself successful that he doesn't need to be Foreign Secretary to upset people.

Muslim women who wear burkas look like bank robbers apparently.

Awful stuff. I can't understand what he hopes to achieve with such ignorant comments, to the point that the top brass in the Party are seeking an apology from him.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 3:28pm
Crass and juvenile, not a surprise from Boris. He did defend the right to wear it though.

I have to say outside of Tower Hamlets/Shadwell/Whitechapel i have seen very few Burqa wearing women in London. 

It would seem to me to be a Bagladeshi thing. It is a seriously oppressive odd item of clothing to wear in my opinion but each to their own. Strangely the husbands in a lot of cases are dressed in "western clothing" outside of when they go to the Mosque.

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 4:11pm
I'd agree with each to their own up to a point but it's literally a statement saying that we want nothing to do with the host society, we do not want to integrate in any way and want to totally isolate ourselves. 

Now the comments from Johnson are the usual buffonery from a childish idiot that a person in his position shouldn't be making, but to be fair he is actually defending their right to wear it, despite his remarks. I'd agree with the position the French and Danish governments have taken for the reasons outlined. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 4:20pm
I would see it as the opposite, it is the host society saying you will only be welcomed as long as you give up your personal religious beliefs.
I have no interest in any religion, but by telling people that they can't do something you are only causing resentment. Look at how the Roman Empire remains relevant in Ireland today, largely because the English told the Irish they couldn't practice it. Education and dialogue are the way to a secular society, not authoritarian decrees.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 5:24pm
You'd never get around wearing one in Ireland, no post office will pay your dole, you'd never get a licence or public services card. No Garda would sign your passport form. No government office would speak to ya. Could ya imagine someone walking into a shop on Barrack St with one on, they'd be told get out straight away.

Edited by corkery - 09 Aug 2018 at 5:24pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 5:27pm
proper order. Religious bullsh*t aside, its not the done thing here so when in Rome.... If I go to my neighbours house and their house rules are I must take my shoes off at the door then thats exactly what ill do. If I dont like it then I dont go there. 

Edited by Sham157 - 09 Aug 2018 at 5:30pm
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:32am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I would see it as the opposite, it is the host society saying you will only be welcomed as long as you give up your personal religious beliefs.
I have no interest in any religion, but by telling people that they can't do something you are only causing resentment. Look at how the Roman Empire remains relevant in Ireland today, largely because the English told the Irish they couldn't practice it. Education and dialogue are the way to a secular society, not authoritarian decrees.

I agree with the bit in bold but there has to responsibility on the newcomers too. Completely covering your face such as this completely alienates you from the host society and literally cuts you off and causes mistrust and resentment among the natives, whether that is fair or not. You are literally walking around in your own little bubble. You should still be able to dress however you like but you shouldn't be at liberty to conceal your identity in a public place in my view. While the laws in France and Denmark certainly affect Muslim women much more than anyone else, they are still nonetheless applicable to everyone. There has to be some responsibility on immigrants to adapt to their host society. 

Edited by the_walls - 10 Aug 2018 at 8:35am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:10am
There is only fear because of existing prejudice in the host society. France may well be doing it to establish a 'liberal' society, but it is a ban that only really affects one religious group and causes resentment. The education and dialogue has to go both ways. Islamophobia is a huge problem in France, even more so than England, amazingly, and the ban has only stirred it up more. Telling one group of people in a free society what they can and can't wear is only setting the argument back about twenty years and nothing else. It isn't improving anything.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:21pm
The Turks and Moroccans are not a fan of the burka either to be fair. 

Personally i feel people should be able to wear what they want however think the burka is a ridiculous looking oppressive item and would not be happy if a sister or female cousin decided to wear one. 

For balance i also hate three quarter length tracksuit bottoms, crocs, wifebeaters and air jordan trainers.

I cannot see the issue with any item of clothing being ridiculed. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 1:54pm
The Guardian is reporting that the Labour Party has prepared the ground to adopt the full IHRA definition of Anti-Semitism. A welcome step, but given the lapse of time, the amount of voices which were calling for full adoption, and the divided nature of the party this could have a whiff of cynicism about it. Especially as the compromise approach would appear to have been the sensible one and it has taken so long to reach it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 2:25pm
I disagree. The only real comparisons for the actions of the Israeli state to Palestine are with South African Apartheid and Nazism. Remove that and it is fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 322323324325326 536>
  Share Topic