You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 310311312313314 535>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 11:25pm
George Osborne: So so sad to see Amber go - the Government just got a bit less human.

Michael Gove: I’m so sad about Amber’s departure from government - she was a huge asset - brave, principled, thoughtful, humane, considerate and always thinking of the impact of policy on the vulnerable - I hope Amber will be back soon - we need her.

If Amber Rudd is human or humane, I want to be one of the lizard people.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 11:28pm
Humane! f**king hell! Tories can't even be truthful when they are being nice!
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Was this not just a pointless resignation?

Rearranging the deckchairs.
Hmm, I'd say they'll see out the five years.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 11:39pm

Hmm, I'd say they'll see out the five years.

It’s a bumbling mess, and suffers massive paralysis. I think it may see out Brexit, but beyond that it’s hard to tell.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:33am
Sajid Javid named Home Secretary 

Brokenshire back in the Cabinet as Communities Secretary 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 3:21pm
IPSOS Mori poll puts Lab and Cons neck and neck at the moment. It will be interesting to see how the local elections pan out at the end of the week. Labour have made targets of certain flagship Conservative Councils which will make for interesting watching.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 5:50pm

I just saw Theresa Mays cleavage on an online news report. It's rounded off what has been quite a poor day in the life of MC Hammered in emphatic fashion. I did not need to see that. 
El Puto Amo
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I just saw Theresa Mays cleavage on an online news report. It's rounded off what has been quite a poor day in the life of MC Hammered in emphatic fashion. I did not need to see that. 

Were they made for speed or comfort?
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 6:16pm

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 6:57pm

LOL

Disgusting.She should leave that kind of thing to Labour MP's.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:54pm
Rayner always has the baps out!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Rudd resigns as Home Secretary 

Not before time 

At least she has eventually taken responsibility. Heads deserved to roll, and the buck stops with her.

She resigned because she was caught lying. It certainly had nothing to do with windrush otherwise she'd have gone long ago. 

She got elected by the skin of her teeth last year. Next time it'll be a different story.

Edited by colemanY2K - 01 May 2018 at 11:04am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 11:21am
From what i'm reading she seems to have repeated mixed messages as opposed to deliberately misleading. There seems to have been two or three indications made about targets, or the lack of targets from civil servants, and that her message was blurred.

Either way, I suspect she won't survive the next election.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 7:26pm
I don't get the target thing. Doesn't every government target a removal of 100% illegal immigrants? Obviously the Windrush are not illegal immigrants.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 8:27pm

I don't get the target thing. Doesn't every government target a removal of 100% illegal immigrants? Obviously the Windrush are not illegal immigrants.

I think they are separate matters, but have become intertwined.

There is a major difference between targets an targeting.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 9:49pm
The problem was that they had targets to remove a set number of illegal immigrants every year. That being the case, there's an incentive to look for easy targets. The Windrush people were that - these were people who have lived in the UK for almost fifty years but have never been naturalised. Those are almost by definition people who have not left the UK in those fifty years because they have never applied for passports. Those are, therefore, just about all people who have never had the spare money to go on a foreign holiday. Therefore, they are people without the money or means to defend themselves against the power of the state. And this is all after years of swingeing cuts to legal aid across the United Kingdom.

It's not so much a manifestation of the hostile environment so much as evidence of the resurrection of the nasty party.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:13am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The problem was that they had targets to remove a set number of illegal immigrants every year. That being the case, there's an incentive to look for easy targets. The Windrush people were that - these were people who have lived in the UK for almost fifty years but have never been naturalised. Those are almost by definition people who have not left the UK in those fifty years because they have never applied for passports. Those are, therefore, just about all people who have never had the spare money to go on a foreign holiday. Therefore, they are people without the money or means to defend themselves against the power of the state. And this is all after years of swingeing cuts to legal aid across the United Kingdom.

It's not so much a manifestation of the hostile environment so much as evidence of the resurrection of the nasty party.
in one.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It never died. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 310311312313314 535>
  Share Topic