You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 535>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

PM, how did you come across this (as it were)?
Someone posted it on another forum I am on, I am more of a Fake Taxi fan myself.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 10:27pm
Queen's Speech vote tomorrow. I think there'll be less than 10 votes in it.

The ToryDUP had their waters tested with raising the public sector pay cap amended onto the speech, nothing major, just testing how many Tories would rebel, although the Tories won it, not all 650 MP's voted and 5 Tories rebelled - If 5 rebel tomorrow it could be enough to see a no vote on the speech.

Odds wise I would only give the ToryDUP 55% chance of passing the speech.

Edited by coyne - 28 Jun 2017 at 10:27pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 10:40pm
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-queens-speech-amendment-public-sector-pay-cap-austerity-emergency-services-tory-mps-a7813356.html

Some patriots when they've been systematically cutting frontline emergency services as much as possible Unhappy

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 5:31pm
Labour's Anti-Austerity Queen Speech defeated

323-296. 

Unless there's Tories who wants to oust May, she's set to live to fight another day, f**k sake.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Labour's Anti-Austerity Queen Speech defeated

323-296. 

Unless there's Tories who wants to oust May, she's set to live to fight another day, f**k sake.

I think that those that are out for her will pick and chose their moment. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 6:15pm
Tory Queen Speech passed.
323-309. 

Only 4 off my prediction of 10 votes being in it but still a loss for the UK nonetheless. I'm amazed 18 MP's would choose to miss such an important vote, what were they doing? Too busy Playing Football Manager?

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 7:53pm

323-309. 

Only 4 off my prediction of 10 votes being in it but still a loss for the UK nonetheless. I'm amazed 18 MP's would choose to miss such an important vote, what were they doing? Too busy Playing Football Manager?

They have a system in the Daìl where if a member of the opposition is genuinely unavailable to vote (illness etc), then a member of the government will not vote.
Also works if a government TD is ill etc, then an opposition TD does not vote.
There is a name for this, but I can't think of it now.

Maybe they have a similar arrangement in Westminster?
If you have 650 MP's it is likely that a few of them will have genuine reasons for not being there on any given day.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

323-309. 

They have a system in the Daìl where if a member of the opposition is genuinely unavailable to vote (illness etc), then a member of the government will not vote.
Also works if a government TD is ill etc, then an opposition TD does not vote.
There is a name for this, but I can't think of it now.

Maybe they have a similar arrangement in Westminster?
If you have 650 MP's it is likely that a few of them will have genuine reasons for not being there on any given day.
I think the point he is getting at, and one I would agree with, regardless of party, is that any vote of major national importance should see all 650 MPs in, unless they are in hospital or holed up in a kidnapper's bedsit.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 8:13pm
18 MP's missing

7 Shinners (who don't vote)
1 Speaker (who doesn't vote)?

That leaves 10??

4 Cons and 6 Labour didn't vote?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 8:17pm
Speaker votes. But he's in bad interest that he reveals what he voted.

He revealed at a public speaking (ironic job to have) that he voted Remain in Brexit vote and there was a motion of no confidence put in him - Only 4 others signed up to it though

Edited by coyne - 29 Jun 2017 at 8:19pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 8:24pm
I see the 'Progressive Alliance' has already come acropper at almost the first hurdle, on a Brexit related amendment. I was never much of a fan of a multifaceted coalition (not for a second that I wanted the current arrangement in UK Governance), but today shows the deficiencies in the belief that such an arrangement would be advisable or sustainable.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I see the 'Progressive Alliance' has already come acropper at almost the first hurdle, on a Brexit related amendment. I was never much of a fan of a multifaceted coalition (not for a second that I wanted the current arrangement in UK Governance), but today shows the deficiencies in the belief that such an arrangement would be advisable or sustainable.

If anything it showed why telling Chuka Umuna to piss off was the correct decision when he offered to become a frontbencher again.

He is a repulsive hypocrite who bailed the sinking ship, offers to re-join it when it's stabilised, then destabilises it when he got told to sling his hook.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 8:39pm

If anything it showed why telling Chuka Umuna to piss off was the correct decision when he offered to become a frontbencher again.

He is a repulsive hypocrite who bailed the sinking ship, offers to re-join it when it's stabilised, then destabilises it when he got told to sling his hook.

This is not really about Labour. However, the entire apparatus of what would comprise the Progressive Alliance was not together on this and shows how little stability and consistency they would have had as a Government. Again, this is not shilling for the repulsive Tory/DUP administration.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 8:39pm

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Spot on. A complete **** of a man, in politics for himself. Not that he is alone in that!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:10pm
Owen Smith reckons Labour would of won if he was leader... And Jeremy's just promoted him to shadow NI secretary although he contested him for leadership, for sticking around after he lost.

Don't bite the hand which feeds you Owen LOL
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:43pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 12:36am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 10:31am
What an absolutely bizarre turn of phrase to use in 2017. LOL 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 535>
  Share Topic