You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 316317318319320 535>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 11:36am
Sue the EU?! LOL

That's his solution for everything. What a moron LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 12:20pm
I love how he has two completely different positions within a couple of hours!
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:53pm
He is a walking talking contradiction.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:57pm
The sign in Scotland calling him "Wotsit Hitler" was brilliant.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The sign in Scotland calling him "Wotsit Hitler" was brilliant.

The protestor who skydived into his golf resort with a banner with “Trump below par” wins the award 

Its a 10/10 for both effort and execution LOL
flipper View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 10:07pm
In their efforts to attack Trump, the so called left has championed George Bush, the CIA, the FBI, Hillary Clinton and NATO. The recent protests in the UK have added Churchill and the queen to that list.

Each of these individuals/organisations being infinitely worse than trump on their own (except the Queen, perhaps)

While obviously not perfect, He’s probably the least war hawkish president in decades, and as such, the least bad president in decades. Which makes him the best by default, in my opinion.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 10:07am
Tories have put forward a motion to bring forward MP's summer holidays. In other words, May knows her time's up but she's trying to buy extra time!

Could and should of been game set and match last night passing a Brexit bill which only passed by 3 votes - Vince Cable and Tim Farron among the MP's who didnt turn up which is why the Lib Dems will never be taken seriously.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 12:49pm
Betting suspended on May going this year.

If she gets her early holiday she’ll probably see out the year, then the closer to Article 50 date she’ll have no way out. Just delaying the inevitable.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 9:34pm
What a turgid mess British politics is in.

Another chance to finish May off gone, more lives than a cat at this rate. Won an amendment so that the UK will leave the Customs Union if its a no deal by 5 votes - 4 Labour rebels and Cable/Farron no-show yet again.

The current state of British politics is that there's a party not fit for office, an opposition still fighting amongst each other who wont get elected if a GE was called in the next 12 months and the 3rd party appears of just given up at their own discretion
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 9:58pm
I think the Liberal Democrats may end up regretting the hardcore anti-Brexit approach they have taken. After yesterday's embarrassment they will even struggle to be taken seriously on their "one job", let alone any other job they may be looking for.

Labour could have kyboshed most of this if they were not so divided, and that comes from the top, and this reminds me of my opinions on Corbyn and Chums after the referendum in 2016. But the Tories have shown some unprecedented incompetence and to call it a hot mess, would be an insult to the term.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I think the Liberal Democrats may end up regretting the hardcore anti-Brexit approach they have taken. 

They were actually coming back into relevancy under Cable at the Tories/Labour expense but after the last 24 hours I imagine them falling lower than Clegg when he first announced raised tuition fees. Cable is finished and I don't see how the Lib Dems can continue now.

The anti-Brexit party who doesn't turn up to any of the crucial Brexit votes.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:26pm
Liberalism is fascism with better manners....
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 11:31am
Ian Óg  suspended from the House Of Commons for 30 days for not declaring receipt of 2 all expenses paid Holidays to Sri Lanka paid for by the Sri Lankan Government 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Ian Óg  suspended from the House Of Commons for 30 days for not declaring receipt of 2 all expenses paid Holidays to Sri Lanka paid for by the Sri Lankan Government 

Getting in to quite a bit of bother lately if all is to be believed Evil Smile
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

LOL

Really hope it's true 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Just a 'little' .....
@AntrimMan85
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 1:57pm
Brendan Hughes @brendanhughes64 6h6 hours ago

.@ElectoralCommUK contacts BBC over @BBCSpotlightNI programme on DUP's #Brexit campaign and links to Vote Leave, as watchdog finds Vote Leave broke electoral law

Quite the day the DUP is having Big smile

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 3:17pm
The thing that gets me is that one day the British Government agree to the "backstop" to prevent a hard border and then they go passing an Act that says it is illegal to treat Northern Ireland any differently to the rest of the UK.

Perfidious Albion strikes again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 316317318319320 535>
  Share Topic