You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 536>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 11:28pm
She has had a few bacon sandwiches!

You cannot dispute it, the Sport is the first for the big news stories.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 5:16am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

De-rail? Planes and trains! It is all turning into a car crash

Laughed at this more than I probably should of LOLLOLLOL
This thread's going to get the biggest cheer on YBIG since Gelsenkirchen on Election night LOL

I'm going to make this as constructive as I can and I am challenging a Tory supporter to explain what good they have done this term;

We've been through Welfare, that failed
We've been through tax, that failed
We've been through employment, that failed
We've been through NHS, that failed
We've been through rent to buy, that failed

Please god don't mention military either because this is the person who summoned Parliament for a vote to bomb Syria - 
"We're in a recession. Panic! Off to the food banks people, hang on, shall we vote to spend our cuts to bomb a Nation which is entirely none of our business" 

I am literally running out right now LOL

Edited by coyne - 19 Apr 2015 at 5:41am
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 9:48am
Originally posted by winner alright winner alright wrote:

Milliband is Blairlite really. Like Blair & most Labour politicians they hide behind their facade of being champions of the working class but in essence are greedy & thrive for prestige & honours. 
Although Ed Miliband is slightly preferable to his brother, I wouldn't particularly disagree with this. 

So if by your assessment, Labour are greedy, what does that make the Tories?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 10:16am

I have talked to them. Local tories met in a pub I managed. Every Tory voter I have met merely confirmed my views;cold, selfish and heartless. Or quintessentially British.

Yet Tony Blair invaded Iraq showing coldness, selfishness & no heart?  Tony made a lot of money while in power fair play to him. 
Strange how Tory Blair is vilified by Tories now, when he adopted their policies wholesale. There's never been a truer Tory. It's like Fine Gael supporters vilifying Fianna Fail. "You might be the exact same as me, and I would have done exactly the same as you, but I'm still going to vilify you."

I don't remember any Tories complaining about the Iraq invasion at the time. They were cheerleading it. 

The financial crisis happened on Labour's watch. Why? Because Labour and every other ruling party became capture to the insane ideology which believed in the infallibility of the "market" and allowed the financial industry to run riot. Who were the true believers in these policies in in the first place? In Britain, it was the Tories. 

Strange that they now vilify Labour for the inevitable outcome of them implementing Tory policies.

The differences between the two now are merely cosmetic. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 11:21am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Milliband is Blairlite really. Like Blair & most Labour politicians they hide behind their facade of being champions of the working class but in essence are greedy & thrive for prestige & honours. 
Although Ed Miliband is slightly preferable to his brother, I wouldn't particularly disagree with this. 

So if by your assessment, Labour are greedy, what does that make the Tories?

Labour voting Ed over David is probably one of the best things they ever did.

He became Vice-Chairman of Sunderland AFC and the club actually paid his flight to f**k off, he became that irrelevant LOL
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

De-rail? Planes and trains! It is all turning into a car crash

Laughed at this more than I probably should of LOLLOLLOL
This thread's going to get the biggest cheer on YBIG since Gelsenkirchen on Election night LOL

I'm going to make this as constructive as I can and I am challenging a Tory supporter to explain what good they have done this term;

We've been through Welfare, that failed
We've been through tax, that failed
We've been through employment, that failed
We've been through NHS, that failed
We've been through rent to buy, that failed

Please god don't mention military either because this is the person who summoned Parliament for a vote to bomb Syria - 
"We're in a recession. Panic! Off to the food banks people, hang on, shall we vote to spend our cuts to bomb a Nation which is entirely none of our business" 

I am literally running out right now LOL

Welfare has worked. It has failed the class who feel it is acceptable to sit around and get any form of employment. It should fail them, as i relate back to my Postman comment. His neighbour lies in bed all day and gets everything funded by Dave, while he is up at the craic of dawn doing the rounds.

How has tax not worked? It has worked for me and a large majority. Also plans in the next government to not raise it to 40% until you earn over 50k another good policy.

EMPLOYMENT HAS BEEN AN UTTER SUCCES two million more people in work. That's two million more people with the security of a pay packet who can plan for a brighter future.

NHS - Cuts needed to be made, it will improve in the next 5 years. 

You seem to forget the economic disaster a Labour government left behind only a short 5 years ago, and look where we are now. 

The polls today again have the tories 4 clear.. yesterday it was 2. A few weeks ago they were 6 behind. The trick to winning elections is flair and ideas, the next 3 weeks i expect the Tories to open up a greater cap when voters realise better the devil you know who's succeeding for the working man. Lib Dems.. on the up also. In a poll, by the observer they asked who would make the best PM overall 50% answered David Cameron compared to just under 27% who said Ed Miliband.  UKIP support is having a slow death. I expect UKIP to have 0 MPS. Another headline today, 'CONSERVATIVES ON COURSE TO GAIN 14 LIB DEM SEATS'

Instead of a bunch of policys from Labour.. that don't add up, and 'cuts' but we don't know what we're cutting and on top of that the SNP.  Boris Johnson is going to make a huge difference, they can weaponise him to the max and Labour don't have anyone similar to inspire the people nor have anyone who could take him on in a conversation. Mayor of London is a hugely important role, don't underestimate it you'll be hearing a lot from Boris.

Into the current Manifesto, Labours plans.. simply don't add up.
Coyne the tories have risen the minimum wage, Labour brought it up 75p when they were in control. They don't tax until 12,500 and finally.. they're going to have a Tax Free minimum wage. 

Now, it doesnt matter what we say on this. At the end of the day the British people will decide, going by the polls and their steady rise for the Tories and Lib Dems.. come 3 weeks i fully expect a Conservatives Lib Dem Government and support from the DUP with a bigger budget for NI. 

If today we go by the Polls, from numerous sources and predictions and the fall of Labour, the Tories haven't peaked yet Labour have....and now their real plans are starting to come out 'get rid of Trident' just one the Tories will be in power. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 1:52pm
Did anyone see today's episode of Storage Hunters?

Sorry. I was just bored reading all the crap everyone has justified 15 times over before I literally forgot what thread I was in. Sleepy
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 1:53pm

I didn't like Boris Johnston at first but he has done a hell of a job in london. Plans an extra terminal at Heathrow which will generate lots of jobs and generate millions for the economy.  The truth is if you want to work you will find work here. Was down in Southamton last month and it is thriving as well. 

Right I'm going to have to pull you up on this. Boris Johnston is  smart, full of bluster and a fantastic manipulator of the media. He is not planning another terminal at Heathrow at it is a wholly owned private company. What is up in the air is the location of a third runway...of course Boris has made the ludicrous suggestion of building a brand new airport in Kent at a cost of 100's of billions and demolishing Heathrow. It'll be interesting to see how his attitude changes when elected as MP in west London. It'll be a government decision which will be announced after the election and with which Boris will have no input into. Personally I believe building a third runway will have a devastating impact on at least a quarter of a million residents in west London (noise and air pollution plus the demolition of a town). Gatwick is a far better option as it'll will affect less than 20,000 residents and the some major infrastructural changes to road and rail networks but at a fraction of the cost of Heathrow's proposal.

You are right in relation to work. There's plenty of it however the vast majority available is taken up by people working for the likes Pret, Starbucks and other retailers who employ people for a pittance. To get a graduate entry position is very difficult and the competition is fierce. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 19 Apr 2015 at 2:00pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 2:40pm
Talk about a picture being appropriate for the story below it even though it's not connected to it

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Galoglas View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galoglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 5:19pm
Boris Johnston leading the Tories,we wouldn't even need a referendum if he ever takes charge. Harmless buffoon,my arse .
 very dangerous character, who is no fool.
Aberdeen have what money can't buy - a soul, a team spirit built in a family tradition"
Di Stefano
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Galoglas Galoglas wrote:

Boris Johnston leading the Tories,we wouldn't even need a referendum if he ever takes charge. Harmless buffoon,my arse .
 very dangerous character, who is no fool.
"A harmless buffoon" - that's what they said about Alexander Pacteau*.

*They didn't actually say that as probably nobody apart from his mother actually knew he existed.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 6:30pm
Very harsh comparison Coleman, Pacteau only destroyed 2 families
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 6:43pm

Very harsh comparison Coleman, Pacteau only destroyed 2 families
Listen now, Alexander Boris De Pfeffel Johnson is a man of the people. Eton bread is soon forgotten.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 6:57pm
His father is famously a trustee of the gorilla organisation. This decision was made after seeing a young Boris eat a banana
winner alright View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winner alright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 7:41pm
The fact still remains that the economy has improved greatly and keeps improving. The working man is fed up with paying for scroungers who milk the system. The irish in london are doing very well in all aspects of the economy, no way can we trust Labour again after nearly driving us into the ground.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winner alright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 7:47pm
Also quite a few Irish people in the UK secretly like UKIP and will vote for them due to the influx of other people into the UK. I have one friend who has milked the system for years terrified that he will lose his benefits due to immigrants clogging up the system. So he is going to vote UKIP. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 7:54pm

The fact still remains that the economy has improved greatly and keeps improving. The working man is fed up with paying for scroungers who milk the system. The irish in london are doing very well in all aspects of the economy, no way can we trust Labour again after nearly driving us into the ground.

It is like banging your head off a wall
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winner alright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 7:56pm

It is like banging your head off a wall

Stop banging your head off the wall then.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 536>
  Share Topic