You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 467468469470471 536>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:24am
Police investigating Galloway for breaking election law.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Galoglas Galoglas wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

When Scotland eventually leaves the union, it's going to be difficult to ever imagine a Labour government in power. Take a bow Mr. Blair.....

Ex MP Eric Joyce has said its the last time we vote in a UK election,please let that be the case ,even although he is not the most sensible.
Some great stuff on SNP sites.Glasses of whisky each with a high profile unionist name on it,to be downed when they go down.Dead

Despite the SNP getting possibly 58 out of 59 seats in Scotland on what grounds do you think it could be the last Uk election. As an outsider I can't see how you think you will get another referendum - you had a chance and flunked it up, majorly.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:14am
Simon Hughes from the Llib Dems looks gone now.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:12am
Tooting result live on BBC right now

Labour hold. Yer man Sadiq Khan stays.

Edited by coyne - 08 May 2015 at 1:13am
Galoglas View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galoglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

When Scotland eventually leaves the union, it's going to be difficult to ever imagine a Labour government in power. Take a bow Mr. Blair.....

Ex MP Eric Joyce has said its the last time we vote in a UK election,please let that be the case ,even although he is not the most sensible.
Some great stuff on SNP sites.Glasses of whisky each with a high profile unionist name on it,to be downed when they go down.Dead
Aberdeen have what money can't buy - a soul, a team spirit built in a family tradition"
Di Stefano
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:06am
Robin Oakley from CNN now beigining to think the Exit poll is spot on
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:03am
George Galloway reported to the police for breaking Election laws.

He's demanded a 2nd re-count and gone further against the laws. He is absolutely fuming about it LOL
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:02am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:57am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

My feeling is that the exit poll will be slightly out and that the Tories will end up on about 308. Lib Dems on about 15 and Labour about 245. 

I've nothing to go on on that other than my intuition. 

I think this poll will have been more difficult to get accurate than previous ones due to huge geographical discrepancies and more tactical voting than ever before.

Still points to a Tory government and Miliband being gone.

What's looking clear is that Labour have not done enough in marginal seats. 

Think we're getting ahead of ourselves on this one, the outlook is pretty grim so far but there's alot of seats Labour can steal from the Tory party.

The downside is the Tory party are nearly wiping out the Lib Dems.
North Swindon was just announced there. Going by the exit poll there should have been a 1% swing to Labour. There was a 4.3% swing to the Tories.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:57am
Danny Alexander reacts to the results

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:55am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

My feeling is that the exit poll will be slightly out and that the Tories will end up on about 308. Lib Dems on about 15 and Labour about 245. 

I think this poll will have been more difficult to get accurate than previous ones due to huge geographical discrepancies and more tactical voting than ever before.

Think we're getting ahead of ourselves on this one, the outlook is pretty grim so far but there's alot of seats Labour can steal from the Tory party.

The downside is the Tory party are nearly wiping out the Lib Dems.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

East Renfrewshire(Jim Murphy's constituency)

SNP 10% Maj projected
SNP are going to have EVERY seat in mainland Scotland. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:52am
East Renfrewshire(Jim Murphy's constituency)

SNP 10% Maj projected

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Looking like Salmond will be elected

Was there ever a doubt? Tongue
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:49am

Galoglas View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galoglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:45am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Galoglas Galoglas wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Political Editor of the Scottish Daily Mail saying on twitter that Danny Alexander has lost his seat.

Same fella saying Jim Murphy "in deep trouble" in Paisley. The SNP challenger is only 20.

Might be Douglas  Alexander,Murphy is not in Paisley. The SNP candidate in Paisley is 20 and has worked her backside off for that seat.
Ah apologies I'm getting my wires crossed. It's definitely Jim Murphy Alan Roden is talking about. 

That's right Mhairi Black is taking on Douglas Alexander in Paisley. Seen on twitter that there was a 75.5% turn out there.

No apology necessary. If I tried to debate Irish politics on here I'd be lost. And aye its looking like Murphy might be out, good,could never understand these Irish unionists.Wink
Aberdeen have what money can't buy - a soul, a team spirit built in a family tradition"
Di Stefano
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:45am
Looking like Salmond will be elected

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:44am
Looks like Sadiq Khan will keep hold of his seat in my constituency of Tooting but it's supposed to be very tight. An announcement is due around 2am.

Edited by colemanY2K - 08 May 2015 at 12:45am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 467468469470471 536>
  Share Topic