You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paddy Power . Absolute Bluffers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 10:46am
One thing i dont miss about not being in betting shops anymore is having to listen to the whingeing punter. Could find a fault with a jockey in a virtual race. 

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 10:49am
I rarely use PP anymore there are far better bookies out there.If PP have a good special or are best priced, which is rare, I will use them but that isnt too often.
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

One thing i dont miss about not being in betting shops anymore is having to listen to the whingeing punter. Could find a fault with a jockey in a virtual race. 

Oh that's a fix sure LOL - they say this as they are placing bets on the stupid races. 
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:06am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Also re restricting bets and stakes. You have a right to place a bet just like a bookie has a right to refuse a bet - that's life- soz.
  And they are not legally obliged to pay out. Shatter talked about putting some law around bookies and them having to treat customers like, well, customers. The idea that they can make a mistake and then welch is unique to them and needs to be changed.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:11am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Also re restricting bets and stakes. You have a right to place a bet just like a bookie has a right to refuse a bet - that's life- soz.
  And they are not legally obliged to pay out. Shatter talked about putting some law around bookies and them having to treat customers like, well, customers. The idea that they can make a mistake and then welch is unique to them and needs to be changed.

They are not legally obliged to pay out on any bet. They are covered for that in their terms and conditions. And they are legally allowed to refuse business from anyone too. Its unfair but that's the way it is and as far as I know it has been like this for a long time. I may be wrong there though.

Cowboys on both sides and its defo a mugs game!!!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:13am
I am what you would clueless when it to betting as i only go to Paddy Power once every four years ( not kidding either ) when i bet on the World cup . Now for some strange reason i won money at the last two world cups so in i go with my betting slip give over the counter and get the 1000 yard stare like i have just whacked her sister . Hey a smile would be handy but nothing . Well roll on 2018 Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:14am
No, they are covered in law.

Whatever about refusing service to someone because they know what they are doing, they are totally covered in accepting a bet and when it comes in going 'no' and not return the wager.
ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:23am
I'm a regular in the bookies but I agree with SGB, on most points.
Fellas crying over being 'robbed' cos the price was wrong on a bet is just ridiculous!!!

I might chance my arm and put the bet on, but if they cop it I'll just laugh it off and move on.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:36am
But why do we accept that if a bookie quotes the wrong price that we should accept them not honouring it?

If Ryanair announced 1c flights, took the money, realised they had priced wrong and cancelled your order without a refund, would you accept that state of affairs?
ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:50am
Without a refund??OK, maybe I missed something, but I ASSUME PP would refund you your money?

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:56am
Maybe they do, but they don't have to.

If Tesco misprice an item too high, its free. Why do we accept this from bookies?
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 12:12pm

If Tesco misprice an item too high, its free. Why do we accept this from bookies?

As you said yourself, RTID in law they don't have to pay out on any bet. So no way can force them to pay out at odds given mistakenly.   We accept it because we like to gamble simple as! 
Team Emmet
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 12:22pm

That is their policy though. It is to get people in the door. They are apologising for human error. PP on the other hand dont offer this and have decide to protect themselves in the event of human error which you cant really blame them on. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 12:23pm

But why do we accept that if a bookie quotes the wrong price that we should accept them not honouring it?

If Ryanair announced 1c flights, took the money, realised they had priced wrong and cancelled your order without a refund, would you accept that state of affairs?

Confused

In the event of a blatant price error you can either have your stake refunded or you can be paid out on the correct price.
ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 12:28pm
Ha, Ha, SGB. I think you should change your job Big smile

I'm detecting alot of resentment towards gamblers Big smile
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 12:30pm

Confused

In the event of a blatant price error you can either have your stake refunded or you can be paid out on the correct price.
At their discretion. They are not obliged to do this.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 12:31pm

That is their policy though. It is to get people in the door. They are apologising for human error. PP on the other hand dont offer this and have decide to protect themselves in the event of human error which you cant really blame them on. 
I can and do blame them. If there was a financial cost to them making errors then the errors would stop.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 12:38pm
if fairness there are some awful doses in every bookies

paddy power loves the 5 euro punter who stays all day backing horses dogs virtuals etc.. its a guaranteed profit maker in the end.

the reason I set up this thread a while back was that although they claim to be the best bookies out there.
The simple fact is they dont like losing money, which is understandable, Nobody does, but they have to take the good with the bad. They dont tho. If anyone sticks to a regular betting pattern that shows small signs of profit if any 3 or 4 week period they get an email and will be told to f**k off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
  Share Topic