Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=50670
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 3:42pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Paddy Power . Absolute Bluffers
Posted By: daboi89
Subject: Paddy Power . Absolute Bluffers
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 11:50am
As many on here will know I would have a wide knowledge of the horse and greyhound racing industries. More so in Ireland than the uk, but anyway

Over the last 2/3 months i have been showing a profit on the account at the end of every week. This has mostly been involved in the Irish Greyhound Market.

Last week I got a substantial accumulator up on this type of market and it was paid into my account no problem. Then the trouble started. My maximum stake on the website is now somewhere between €7.50 and maybe €15 if Im very lucky. I cannot get €1 on any Uk or Irish greyhound market and I couldnt even get €10 on a football bet on Tuesday Night. I also tried to have €50 on a 6/5 shot in a Uk Horse Racing Market the other day and my stake was maxed out at €17 euro.

Paddy Power have said via the chat service they are limiting their liabilities.   Hers the email i got the other day.

Running Scared they are. Any one else in the same boat

Replies:
Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 11:53am
They do that to accounts that for them are losers. As any business would do. 

The great thing is that there are ample alternatives out there for customers.

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

yea. im aware of alternatives but unfortunately the Greyhound markets are severely limited on other sites. PP offered a SP on every race in most meetings

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 11:58am
All bookies do it.Its a bitch but as kerrzy said plenty of other alternatives.

Best thing to do is get a skrill account and join up numerous bookies can transfer between bookies and skrill for free and get best prices.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

yea. im aware of alternatives but unfortunately the Greyhound markets are severely limited on other sites. PP offered a SP on every race in most meetings

Open a new or use someone else's account?

Also, please provide tips Big smile

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 12:03pm

Thats a **** if thats the case. I dont bet on the dogs so wouldnt know. As TR_Andy says, you'll just have to cheat the system. Either bet in the shop or set up with a mate's/family member's name. Problem is that you'll have to use his/hers card AFAIK

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 12:33pm

Running Scared they are. Any one else in the same boat?
Daboi, most of us can only dream about being in that boat someday!

Take it as a compliment and take your custom elsewhere.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 1:07pm
Could be worse son,you could be losing your bollox

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 2:30pm
So the people who promote gambling don't like to gamble 

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 2:35pm
wonkers

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 12:21am
Your IP address will be marked so you wont get away with setting up an account in someone else's name unless you use a different pc and their bank card which is a pain in the hole. Its in their t&c's so they are well covered. You arent the first and wont be the last.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 1:09am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Your IP address will be marked so you wont get away with setting up an account in someone else's name unless you use a different pc and their bank card which is a pain in the hole. Its in their t&c's so they are well covered. You arent the first and wont be the last.

Wont a VPN get around the IP address issue and then use skrill account to bypass needing someone else's bank card.

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 1:27am
Bollox. You might have to accept it but it doesnt mean yoy cant scream from the rooftops. Put it on their facebook and twitter page and other social media. They would hate sh*t like this being said. They dont want people to hear this...so tell everyone. f**k them

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 1:39am
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

Bollox. You might have to accept it but it doesnt mean yoy cant scream from the rooftops. Put it on their facebook and twitter page and other social media. They would hate sh*t like this being said. They dont want people to hear this...so tell everyone. f**k them

It's very well known ,happening constantly.Anyone betting on a semi regular basis would know its going on.

Posted By: Guest
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 1:48am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Wont a VPN get around the IP address issue and then use skrill account to bypass needing someone else's bank card.

You can change your IP address in cmd menu

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 2:19am

Not sure about the VPN but moneybookers would be monitored very closely 

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 2:44am

use a paysafe card with the skrill account.Thumbs Up

Ukash is another option ,dont know if PP use them.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

So the people who promote gambling don't like to gamble 

It appears so

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 12:19pm

use a paysafe card with the skrill account.Thumbs Up

Ukash is another option ,dont know if PP use them.

You can only use a card registered in your own name to fund your pp account from moneybookers. also with ukash you need to prove your identity before withdrawing. ID, proof of address etc.

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 4:42pm
Sucks alright, but just post your bets up here and let the rest of take their money!!! Would be our own risk obviously

On another note, how intelligent does SGB come across on this thread!!!

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 5:32pm
Stopped betting with paddy power 15 years ago when they wouldn't take my mates bets,

You are either a bookmaker or you are not, they are not.

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Stretchryan
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 7:42pm
Last year during premier league darts. Had few massive wins on Gary Anderson. Now limited to 200eur bets on darts. But I just use my betfair account now for darts

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Sucks alright, but just post your bets up here and let the rest of take their money!!! Would be our own risk obviously

On another note, how intelligent does SGB come across on this thread!!!
This. SGB playing a blinder but it won't be long til she returns to typeClap

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 2:06pm
Why thank you Embarrassed

I am very well up on PP T&C's in fairness Tongue

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Stopped betting with paddy power 15 years ago when they wouldn't take my mates bets,

You are either a bookmaker or you are not, they are not.

A punter has the choice as to whether they want to place a bet with someone and a bookie also has the choice whether they want to accept a persons bet. It works both ways. In a lot of cases the bookie will also restrict if they find the punter is hedging their bets a lot of the time. 

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 3:15pm
What sort of money did you win from that 7.50 bet Daboi?
were you winning money off them consistently over a period of time?

Just set up another online account with another firm, once you get banned from them all you'll b going well! 

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 4:32pm
Ladbrokes is ur man

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

Ladbrokes is ur man

Thumbs Down

****s restricted my account before ?

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 5:03pm

Ladbrokes is ur man

Thumbs Down

****s restricted my account before ?

When i worked in one of their shops there were a few lads that were on a restricted account. Big bets would be flagged up and some lads were known customers.

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 5:27pm
One of my pals who is semi professional gambler told me that they have handwriting analysis facilities in the shops [or maybe centrally] so they can identify restricted punters who travel to branches where they are not known and they similarly use the in-shop cctv to identify restricted punters.  Is it true SGB?

-------------
I don't know what more we can do in terms of being open and transparent - John Delaney

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 6:02pm
No idea on that one JSL. I had no dealings with the retail side of things. Only online. I do know that online once you are red flagged it is very hard to get around it. They dont want your business so best to move to a different provider really. 

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 11:30pm
Have had my boylesports account closed today . One month solid winners on the winning distance markets (over /under 1.5 lenghts) etc.. Didn't even limit my stake for a few weeks. Told to take business elsewhere

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 11:38pm
I think its time to start sharing these tips 

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 12:20am
Yeah daboi get into the tips thread to f**k

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 12:23am
Hii

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 12:41am
What's app me these bets!

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 1:12am
Exactly Daboi make your bets than pass on the info to take these f**kers money

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:56am
At least give us 1 or 2...

Betting is not as simple as ur making it out to be....or am I missing something.
Otherwise you would be a millionaire I'm afraid

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 3:21pm
Am I right in saying you knew this was going to happen? What I dont understand is why would you want to give your money to companies that operate this way. You cant really complain when you know this is what happens. Betting is a mug's game and that is a fact. You will never beat the bookie so my advice is to give it up Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 3:47pm
He is beating then when he's taking their cash!

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 3:50pm

Yeah at the moment he may be but eventually he will be losing. Its the case with 99% of gamblers. 

Best advice I can give it give it up for good Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 4:03pm

Yeah at the moment he may be but eventually he will be losing. Its the case with 99% of gamblers. 

Best advice I can give it give it up for good Thumbs Up

I'm trying that with the auld rollerblading but its difficult

Posted By: kingofkings
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:40pm
Waiting on Marseille for a 10 team accumulator, Cash out option was a little more than the price of the bet at the start of the game, became unavailable at kick off and has been unavailable for the whole game where Marseille have been muck! DO they only make it available when it suits them?

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:43pm
AH yeah, sure enough, it becomes available when it's less than the value of the bet.....***ts!

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:46pm
Get In There! Marseille score!

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:48pm
Cash out is terrible on PP.Its cash out in name only.

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 10:42pm
How much did you win?

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 10:47pm
Cash out is only available at the bookmakers discretion as have had few interactions with bet365 over it so left them after their site kept crashing on sat afternoons on me to go to skybet and on dec 26th their site crashed LOL

-------------

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 10:57pm
If just waiting on one team would covering your bet not have been a better option that cash out?

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 11:34pm

Am I right in saying you knew this was going to happen? What I dont understand is why would you want to give your money to companies that operate this way. You cant really complain when you know this is what happens. Betting is a mug's game and that is a fact. You will never beat the bookie so my advice is to give it up Thumbs Up

You are spot on SGB. But bookmakers can be beaten if you have incredible patience and discipline. I select my markets very carefully

Greyhound markets.
Distance betting

Match betting on all weather handicaps. You don't realise the amount of non triers in these races. Get word from trainers. Check speed form and timeform Stats handicap marks and stats There is normally 2 or 3 match bets pitting horses against each other per race. If you study these you will see that some of these horses in match bets are almost impossible to finish in front of the horse they are against. The price might be 8/13 or 1/2 but they only have to beat 1 other horse and in generally it's very profitable

At the end of the day all bookmakers just want the 2 euro or 5 euro punter in their shops. That's how they make their money

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 11:39pm
Another note on the greyhound betting

I got word from a uk bags meeting recently that there was a greyhound in a certain race who was a "cert" barring an accident. The bookmakers were all in on the act . There was about 5 punters at the track and we're all in on it too. The dog was about 3 seconds quicker than any other dog in the race. The bookmakers priced the dog up at 4-1 on the basis that no1 on the track would back it. In reality he was a 1/3 shot.

Anyway the dog was backed in bookmakers shops in small stakes. No price was taken . Ie 50 small 10 er bets throughout London shops at sp.

Anyway the dog pissed up by 11 lenghts at 4-1. Every body went home happy.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 11:41pm
€250 small bet for a bit of Sunday interest. Probably should have covered the bet, didn't think of it as I was cursing Powers too much.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 11:41pm
I practically don't bet anymore. My strategy is if I see a really good value bet I will put a large bet on it. The last time that was Ireland -1 against that Middle East tean (what the hell are they called!!).

And that's the only way I think I'd ever beat the bookie.

When big tournaments come round will put on a few bets to keep it interesting

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 6:37am

Another note on the greyhound betting

I got word from a uk bags meeting recently that there was a greyhound in a certain race who was a "cert" barring an accident. The bookmakers were all in on the act . There was about 5 punters at the track and we're all in on it too. The dog was about 3 seconds quicker than any other dog in the race. The bookmakers priced the dog up at 4-1 on the basis that no1 on the track would back it. In reality he was a 1/3 shot.

Anyway the dog was backed in bookmakers shops in small stakes. No price was taken . Ie 50 small 10 er bets throughout London shops at sp.

Anyway the dog pissed up by 11 lenghts at 4-1. Every body went home happy.

I know almost nothing about dog racing.  Do the chains not have their own pitches at dog tracks the same as they do at race courses?

-------------
I don't know what more we can do in terms of being open and transparent - John Delaney

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 11:05pm
Not at small tracks they don't. The links if Dundalk or tralee or limerick might have 1 or 2 bookmakers.

That's why getting on at sp can be great

I have 2 bets for tomorrow. Info I'm told is as good as it gets

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 11:14pm
That is great, any chance of throwing them up

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 11:36pm
Even a PM would suffice! :)

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 11:45pm
Good man daboi will be glued to here for them

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 9:09pm

Not at small tracks they don't. The links if Dundalk or tralee or limerick might have 1 or 2 bookmakers.

legendary   

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 9:15pm

legendary   
Stories will be told of the coup for years to come Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 8:44am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

legendary   
Stories will be told of the coup for years to come Clap
What did the double come in at? 

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 3:52pm
Hi guys,

Been a bit slow here, they say I need to rollover my deposit and bonus 3 times to withdraw winnings. If my initial deposit was £20, what do I need to bet to free up my winnings from the bonus stake....email below

Thank you for claiming your 100% Bonus with bet365. Having already played through your initial deposit, your Bonus is ready for you to bet with.

Just to make you aware you will need to rollover your deposit and bonus three times prior to making a withdrawal. We will contact you again when you have met the rollover requirement.

If you require any further assistance in regard to this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our team are available 24 hours a day by Live Chat, via email, freephone 08000 288 365 or alternatively call 01782 684757 and we will be pleased to assist you.

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Hi guys,

Been a bit slow here, they say I need to rollover my deposit and bonus 3 times to withdraw winnings. If my initial deposit was £20, what do I need to bet to free up my winnings from the bonus stake....email below

Thank you for claiming your 100% Bonus with bet365. Having already played through your initial deposit, your Bonus is ready for you to bet with.

Just to make you aware you will need to rollover your deposit and bonus three times prior to making a withdrawal. We will contact you again when you have met the rollover requirement.

If you require any further assistance in regard to this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our team are available 24 hours a day by Live Chat, via email, freephone 08000 288 365 or alternatively call 01782 684757 and we will be pleased to assist you.

If your initial deposit is €20 then you need to gamble €120 before you can withdraw .

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 12:01pm
Bet on Chelsea to win or draw when they were 2-0 up so that I would meet the rollover requirements! Couldn't f**king believe it when I heard Bradford when 3-2 up! 750 to 1 on were the Chelsea odds when I bet!

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 12:40pm

Bet on Chelsea to win or draw when they were 2-0 up so that I would meet the rollover requirements! Couldn't f**king believe it when I heard Bradford when 3-2 up! 750 to 1 on were the Chelsea odds when I bet!

I think there are minimum odds to qualify for the rollover requirements. I have a feeling there is.1/2 is the min iirc.

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 3:04pm

I think there are minimum odds to qualify for the rollover requirements. I have a feeling there is.1/2 is the min iirc.

Ye that's the case. Reason why I dont believe in any of those promotions. More hassle and work than their worth

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 3:10pm

Ye that's the case. Reason why I dont believe in any of those promotions. More hassle and work than their worth

I don't usually bother with most of the promotions but the 365,one is excellent. Matching up to 200 quid is huge even if you have to gamble 1200 before withdrawal.

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 9:47pm
Had my tote account closed with the following explanation AngryAngryAngry
"We have been advised that we can no longer accept betting transactions from a number of countries including Germany."

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 10:07pm
Use Hola to change ip address. That is how I am using betfair

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 4:37pm
Just tweeted quite a racist joke regarding unarmed African Americans in their PP Offers sub-account

Someones getting fired in the morning.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 4:57pm
"Newcastle have suffered more Kop beatings over the last 20 years than an unarmed African-American male."

????

That one? Hardly racist. The opposite, in fact. Satire, pointing out that US Cops are assholes.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 5:06pm

Confused
nothing racist about that.

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 5:13pm
That is the very opposite of racist. Could equally have done it with black british or Irish in Britain

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 5:21pm
in other news they havent paid out on the 9-1 as offered in their BIR market the other night

their mistake, there rules it seems

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 7:48pm
Ye Im snappin, sent me back their answer and their t and c,s , going to keep at themEvil Smile

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 7:56pm

in other news they havent paid out on the 9-1 as offered in their BIR market the other night

their mistake, there rules it seems

Was it a blatant price error? What was the bet?

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 12:22pm
Bet was in running on a football match, with 10 mins to play the team in question where 2-0 up and I saw the price(it was blatantly/stupidly wrong) 3/1, draw was 1/50 on, anyway lashed on a few quid,  then price moved out to 6/1 lashed on another few quid as did a few others..Match ended 2-1 and result was pending for quite sometime, when it did settle they paid the price it should have been 1/100 on...
Sent them off a mail and they came back with all the spiel about errors and wrong pricing etc.
Coonts, would have happily snapped up the coin if bet had failed.

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 12:31pm
If the bet had of lost would you got contacted?

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by HateHenry HateHenry wrote:

Bet was in running on a football match, with 10 mins to play the team in question where 2-0 up and I saw the price(it was blatantly/stupidly wrong) 3/1, draw was 1/50 on, anyway lashed on a few quid,  then price moved out to 6/1 lashed on another few quid as did a few others..Match ended 2-1 and result was pending for quite sometime, when it did settle they paid the price it should have been 1/100 on...
Sent them off a mail and they came back with all the spiel about errors and wrong pricing etc.
Coonts, would have happily snapped up the coin if bet had failed.

Of course they would have. I have no ideas how that makes Paddy Power "coonts" as you put it? You thought you saw an opportunity to take advantage of a blatant price error (I would have done the same) and you didnt get away it. The amount of people gambling who seem to absolutely despise the bookies but still bet with them is mind boggling. If you hate them so much stop pumping money into them. Bizarre Confused

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 1:01pm
I totally agree with Wallsy. 

Unfortunately in life people make  mistakes and you have to allow for that. You knew that wasnt the correct price yet you still moan about not being paid out on the incorrect price. The terms and conditions are there as there will always be an element of human error involved especially when prices are changing so often with BIR. If you think PP are as bad as you say then you need to close your account with them.  

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 1:02pm

If the bet had of lost would you got contacted?

Yes, once a blatant price error is spotted then all customers effected be it win, loss or whatever the outcome, are contacted. You either have the option to cancel your bet or be paid at the correct price.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 1:06pm
Very disappointed that my big bet so far this year wasn't with Paddy Power, like nothing more than taking a large whack of them, not sure which was sweeter winning €650, or collecting it off PP last October.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 1:08pm
I am totally at a loss to understand why someone would want to give their hard earned money to a company they dont like Confused

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 1:53pm

I am totally at a loss to understand why someone would want to give their hard earned money to a company they dont like Confused

I'm pretty sure the idea is to take money from the company but it rarely works out that way LOL

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

I'm pretty sure the idea is to take money from the company but it rarely works out that way LOL

Whatever way you look at it you are giving them your business. I would never give my money to a company I felt were dodgy or untrustworthy. Its bizarre imo

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 2:28pm
I would struggle to think of a national or international business that ARE trustworthy

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 2:35pm
Sure UPC are everything under the sun but how many people still pay them each month? Sometimes life ain't fair!

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 2:51pm

Whatever way you look at it you are giving them your business. I would never give my money to a company I felt were dodgy or untrustworthy. Its bizarre imo

What about the FAI?

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 2:52pm

I've no beef with PP or any bookmaker but the industry itself is a bit dodgy - they are covered by some crazy clauses.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 3:32pm
Nearly every gambler I know week in week out feels like they are being done out of money by their gambling company. They winge and moan and complain yet every week they continue to hand over their cash to them. If you dont like the industry or the way it is run then dont bet its as simple as that. If I felt I was being robbed all the time or done out of money by a company there is no way in hell I would continuegiving them my business.

And about the "clauses" they are available to anyone to view prior to you opening an account with any betting companies. If you feel they are unfair then you probably shouldnt start an account with them. 

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 4:40pm

Nearly every gambler I know week in week out feels like they are being done out of money by their gambling company. They winge and moan and complain yet every week they continue to hand over their cash to them. If you dont like the industry or the way it is run then dont bet its as simple as that. If I felt I was being robbed all the time or done out of money by a company there is no way in hell I would continuegiving them my business.

Hmm not sure who that rant is directed at. I never said they robbed me every week.

And about the "clauses" they are available to anyone to view prior to you opening an account with any betting companies. If you feel they are unfair then you probably shouldnt start an account with them. 
Some of the clauses in the bookmaking industry are far from normal. Not just online, they've been known to bar people from bookies who get a few winners. From a business point of view, as you are talking, they refuse custom to one person even though the same service is available to others at the same price. You wouldn't get away with that in other industries.

And there's no point saying if you feel a particular clause is unfair don't do business with them. That's like saying if you don't like paying €40 for a boarding card don't fly with Ryanair!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 4:48pm
The aim of every company and business is to do you out of money. I don't trust any of them. Should I go live in the woods SGB?

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 4:54pm

Not just online, they've been known to bar people from bookies who get a few winners. From a business point of view, as you are talking, they refuse custom to one person even though the same service is available to others at the same price. You wouldn't get away with that in other industries.

Very true. Always found it quite amazing that they are able to get away with that.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 5:29pm
I don't see what the big fuss is about.  You could hardly expect PP to honour the bets in question especially as everyone betting on the event knew it was a mistake.  Amazon had a similar problem before Christmas where a load of stuff was sold at a penny a unit and when they copped it they cancelled all orders that hadn't yet been dispatched.   They wrote to customers as follows

We're writing to let you know that your order (redacted) from (redacted) has been cancelled because the price of the item(s) wasn't set correctly by the Seller. In most cases, you pay for items when they're dispatched to you, so you won't be charged for items that are cancelled.

If you have any questions about the cancellation of this order, please contact your seller (LINK)

Sellers on Amazon strive to minimize cancelled orders. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

For your reference, we've included the details of your cancelled order below.

-------------

Posted By: JH91
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 7:38pm
I'm surprised they even paid you out at 1/100. 
SGB, if the best lost would they have kept the stake?

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 8:34pm
It's a loophole that I never understood.

If you went to a restaurant and saw that the steak was on the menu for €1, ordered it, ate it, then they handed you a bill for €100 saying the price was wrong, do ya think you'd pay it?

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 9:24pm
they do the same in shops.. take a bet on the borderling of the no more bets time slot.. never tell you.. if it wins u go to collect and end up getting ur stake back. if it looses u dont go up cos it lost

who keeps the stake then?

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:01pm

they do the same in shops.. take a bet on the borderling of the no more bets time slot.. never tell you.. if it wins u go to collect and end up getting ur stake back. if it looses u dont go up cos it lost

who keeps the stake then?

I work in a bookies and its really up to the cashier to inform the customer, but the problem is that the bet doesnt always come up saying its late until its handed in to be collected. So the majority of the time the cashier wont know its too late until the docket is scanned to be collected. However sometimes it does come up saying its late and its really up to the cashier then to inform the customer. 

It will also probably depend on what type of customer you are as well for the cashier to decide to tell you if its too late and you can have your money back Wink

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:06pm
So if you are the kind that is going to give it back over the counter, you will be told

-------------

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:06pm

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Nearly every gambler I know week in week out feels like they are being done out of money by their gambling company. They winge and moan and complain yet every week they continue to hand over their cash to them. If you dont like the industry or the way it is run then dont bet its as simple as that. If I felt I was being robbed all the time or done out of money by a company there is no way in hell I would </span>continue<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">giving them my business.</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">And about the "clauses" they are available to anyone to view prior to you opening an account with any betting companies. If you feel they are unfair then you probably shouldnt start an account with them. </span>

Lansdowne should be empty next year so !!!

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net